Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2011   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Oh. My. God.

We have no OL. Chumps, who can we move to a different position?

Schaub is a total chump, only having the best QB in history would suffice me. Played a terrible game and is likely the least accurate Qb ever.

Tate is a chump and Foster is a hurt chump. Sophomore slump chump.

Andre Johnson drops are killing me, dude has no hands. Like a big Jacoby Jones who is also a chump.

OD, nice touchdown.. .. .. CHUMP!

Wade can't shut anyone out, not even the Colts, why did they bring him back? He's Gary's boy. The chump's chump.

Mario can't even get 2 sacks a game. Chump.

Cushing, steroid pump chump.

Joseph/Manning, free agent chumps.

There. I got it all out of the way for you chumps.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Oh. My. God.

...and when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump, tell him "step off, I'm doin' the HUMP!"
Old 09-19-2011   #3
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

Schaub is a total chump, only having the best QB in history would suffice me. Played a terrible game and is likely the least accurate Qb ever.

Andre Johnson drops are killing me, dude has no hands. Like a big Jacoby Jones who is also a chump.

Wade can't shut anyone out, not even the Colts, why did they bring him back? He's Gary's boy. The chump's chump.

Dude, all this negativity is for chumps!
Old 09-19-2011   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a post I made in another thread, but it definitely fits better here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I've never seen a fan base cry so much. Especially the morons calling in, because we didn't win by 30 points on the road... or the jackass that just called in and bitched about how we didn't run the ball in at the end of the game, when the game was already decided. This has got to be one of the dumbest fan bases out there.

First of all, this is the National Football League. Those guys that line up across from you, yeah..they get paid to make plays too. Scratching out wins is what this league is all about. Do those morons tune in to any other NFL games? There's a dozen other teams "winning ugly" every week.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-19-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just glad it's all the other fans that are stupid, and not me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

My comments were mostly directed towards the radio callers. Some of those people can get unbearable. Especially the moron who called in crying about how we didn't let Ben Tate run the ball in at the end of the game. LOL, somebody clearly had Ben Tate on their fantasy team.
Old 09-19-2011   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I had to quote this to see who the real poster was.

The best part of going to other fan's message boards for me is seeing how we have the exact same posters on all boards. I am starting to wonder if we all have doppelgangers.
Old 09-19-2011   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

My comments were mostly directed towards the radio callers. Some of those people can get unbearable. Especially the moron who called in crying about how we didn't let Ben Tate run the ball in at the end of the game. LOL, somebody clearly had Ben Tate on their fantasy team.
Was I watching the same game, cause I am pretty sure we used the hell out of Ben Tate on the last drive.
Old 09-19-2011   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a post I made in another thread, but it definitely fits better here.
Agree with you. Sometimes, you just have to "grind out a win." We're not going to put up 30 points every single week. This is the NFL. It's competitive.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Fans like that are just plain ignorant. Someone in another thread said fantasy football and Madden Games are ruining pro football. I agree somewhat with that, but you also have to consider that football is analyzed 7 days a week 24 hours a day by talking heads reading off a script and pointing towards film clips. The average fan these days knows more than he used to, but that isn't always best for the sport. Sometimes the old saying "knows just enough to be dangerous" fits these backassward fans to a tee.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 146679 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fans like that are just plain ignorant. Someone in another thread said fantasy football and Madden Games are ruining pro football. I agree somewhat with that, but you also have to consider that football is analyzed 7 days a week 24 hours a day by talking heads reading off a script and pointing towards film clips. The average fan these days knows more than he used to, but that isn't always best for the sport. Sometimes the old saying "knows just enough to be dangerous" fits these backassward fans to a tee.
All I care about with the Texans are Wins and losses . When we had Dave of Fresno , I knew we couldn't win half the games . Right now I don't see a major hurdle that would trip the team up from going 10-6 or 11-5 . Can they up grade ... sure ... that's what we do in March .

JUST WIN BABY !
Old 09-19-2011   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Was I watching the same game, cause I am pretty sure we used the hell out of Ben Tate on the last drive.
Oh no, that's not what it was. He was complaining about how we knelt the ball down on the 1 yard, instead of letting Ben Tate run it in the endzone. He didn't care that it was 10 point game...with only 26 seconds left. It was a ridiculous call.
Old 09-19-2011   #13
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post

We have been 2-0 before. We have seen this before. Letís face it, we have won the games we are supposed to win and beat the lesser teams. Now comes N.O. who is the upper crust of teams and what the Texans inspire to become.

I do think the Texans can win this game by pounding the ball at them and leaving Jason Allen at home. We match up very well with the Saints. My personal concern is every time we have a big game on the road #8 self destructs. We will see, maybe this year is different.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #14
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post

I do think the Texans can win this game by pounding the ball at them and leaving Jason Allen at home. We match up very well with the Saints. My personal concern is every time we have a big game on the road #8 self destructs. We will see, maybe this year is different.
Green Bay, freezing temps
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Green Bay, freezing temps
You mean that 2008 game at the end of the year where the Packers won a whole 6 games to our 8? I don't consider that a big game when your not playing for anything.

Old 09-19-2011   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We have been 2-0 before. We have seen this before. Let’s face it, we have won the games we are supposed to win and beat the lesser teams. Now comes N.O. who is the upper crust of teams and what the Texans inspire to become.

Actually I don't think we have seen this before. This isn't last year's "2-0" start. We have never seen our defense win us games and we've never seen our defense step up and make game winning plays when they had to.

Last year we had to outscore people to win. Hell, if we had to punt once, you pretty much had to just chalk it up a loss. This year we can go on the road against a quality opponent, not be on our "A" game, play like crap, and still win by double digits and leave with a "W". That's a sign of a good team. Do they have stuff to clean up...hell yes, but I was impressed with yesterday's "ugly win".

P.S.

Where are you getting the "#8 self destructs on the road" stuff from?
Old 09-19-2011   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You mean that 2008 game at the end of the year where the Packers won a whole 6 games to our 8? I don't consider that a big game when your not playing for anything.
LOL, it's amazing.

Was Matt Schaub really "self destructing" out there....or was the task he was asked to perform nearly impossible. Asking a QB to pass for nothing, but TDs on every single drive (because your defense is also giving up TDs on every single drive) isn't realistic.

It's AMAZING how clutch a QB can get when the defense improves around him. Matt Schaub has led us back on the road PLENTY of times...only to see his defense give up another score and then we have to keep going to the well (asking Matt to pass). You go to the well enough and bad things can happen against quality defenses.
Old 09-19-2011   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to be so argumentative, but our D did step up big in the second half of that Baltimore game last year. We just blew it in OT trying to throw out of our own endzone with our ZBS center. I blame our our HC for that, but the point is the D played clutch in that game.

Your point that our D sucked in general is very valid.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Actually I don't think we have seen this before. This isn't last year's "2-0" start. We have never seen our defense win us games and we've never seen our defense step up and make game winning plays when they had to.

Last year we had to outscore people to win. Hell, if we had to punt once, you pretty much had to just chalk it up a loss. This year we can go on the road against a quality opponent, not be on our "A" game, play like crap, and still win by double digits and leave with a "W". That's a sign of a good team. Do they have stuff to clean up...hell yes, but I was impressed with yesterday's "ugly win".

P.S.

Where are you getting the "#8 self destructs on the road" stuff from?
I have watched so many road games where he comes out flat and couldn't hit the broad side of the earth. Sure he lites it up in the 3rd 1/4 but that is after we are down 28 points.

Old 09-19-2011   #20
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
...and when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump, tell him "step off, I'm doin' the HUMP!"
Any Digital Underground reference = winning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read