Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2011   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No national press?

Let me start by stating that until we beat _______ or win ____ number of games or make it to the playoffs etc., but the Patriots practically got their own national holiday for beating the Phins last week. Why are we such an afterthought? I'm glad I can get Houston media through my smart phone, because I would never know about the Texans otherwise. Unless they lose that is, then the media is all over them.
Old 09-19-2011   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No national press?

Because the handful of plays that led us to being utter failures for the past like, four years have burned them too many times.

How much press could a team that's done nothing for years get, anyway? Shouldn't we be satisfied that people are picking us to win the division?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #3
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Because the handful of plays that led us to being utter failures for the past like, four years have burned them too many times.

How much press could a team that's done nothing for years get, anyway? Shouldn't we be satisfied that people are picking us to win the division?
What about Detroit or Buffalo? E-spin can't get enough of them.
Old 09-19-2011   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Detroit is flashy and they haven't burned them as much as we have. Buffalo is a nice surprise who played in a fantastic game yesterday.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #5
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: No national press?

I beg to differ....

They did a whole segment on ESPN pregame talking about the Texans with Bill Parcells....he had some good things to say. ESPN as a whole has had some positive things to say about the Texans this year....

As far as yesterday.....they are always going to look at the "dramatic" wins....like the Atlanta vs Eagles....or Oakland vs Buffalo games and spend the most time because those were so back and forth.....

Drama will always get more tv time than one like ours yesterday.......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #6
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I beg to differ....

They did a whole segment on ESPN pregame talking about the Texans with Bill Parcells....he had some good things to say. ESPN as a whole has had some positive things to say about the Texans this year....

As far as yesterday.....they are always going to look at the "dramatic" wins....like the Atlanta vs Eagles....or Oakland vs Buffalo games and spend the most time because those were so back and forth.....

Drama will always get more tv time than one like ours yesterday.......
I didn't see that. I was watching the CBS pregame. Good to know. I guess I'll take this over the drama we had last year. All of last years drama was bad other than the Finnigan whooping.
Old 09-19-2011   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Be patient. We were 2-0 last year, remember?

We beat the Saints and go 3-0, people will start talking. But if they don't, you'll know why they weren't.

Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2011   #8
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does it really matter?

In fact I'd go so far as to say its probably a good thing. The Texans are still (after all these years) a growing team that hasn't actually achieved anything. Better to be creeping up on the inside rail unnoticed than having everyone piling pressure on a group that has yet to achieve its potential.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #9
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Be patient. We were 2-0 last year, remember?

We beat the Saints and go 3-0, people will start talking. But if they don't, you'll know why they weren't.

If we win, I can almost bet the tag will read, "What's wrong with the Saints?" or something which implies it as a Saints loss vice Texan's win. I'm not sure we win this game though. I like our odds, but this is a good match-up and should favor the home team. We're not going to sneak into anymore wins. Even if the press ignores us, opposing teams will not. This should be a really good game
Old 09-19-2011   #10
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't need it. Just need the press when we're playing in the playoffs.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans are doubted, and shown no respect all the way to the playoffs. This is a young team, and I don't want them starting to believe good press. I'd rather have them with the feeling that they have something to prove all season.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97743 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Because Matt Schaub isnt sexy enough.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #13
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I hope the Texans are doubted, and shown no respect all the way to the playoffs. This is a young team, and I don't want them starting to believe good press. I'd rather have them with the feeling that they have something to prove all season.
I'm not sure if it's a bad thing to have confidence and believe you're the best. I agree that some teams/player let things go to their heads, but it beats them going into games thinking they will blow the lead and lose.
Old 09-19-2011   #14
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

When did football fans become a bunch of whiny bitches?? I think this seriously says something about the parenting ability of most of the parents that raised kids in the 80's and 90's. WE'VE ONLY PLAYED 2....T W O regular season games this year with a history of let downs and sloppy play. If I were the media, I'm looking the other way till about week 16 and Texans already have a playoff spot locked up. I can't believe how whiny some of you are. Have you ever had to earn anything?? Or did you grow up in The Woodlands or the Bellaire area?

I am a HUGE Texans fan, but still skeptical. It won't be until about week 6 and if we come out of there 5-1 that I'll start saying...hmm, maybe the Texans got it going on this year. I still wear my jerseys, still fly my flags from my car, but there's no way I'm going to seriously buy in on this teams new winning ways until they actually do some real winning. We are basically the Saints prior to 5 or so years ago right now. Have patience and have your mommy change your diaper and make you a nice bah bah for crying out loud!

\rant
Old 09-19-2011   #15
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

During the ESPN pregame show they had Parcels and 1 other guy (I can't remember who) talk a moment about our team. Overall, like others said, it was pretty positive. The general reaction was that we were a good team, but the D was still a work in progress. Said to give it till December or so and you will see a much more formidable team.
Old 09-19-2011   #16
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
If we win, I can almost bet the tag will read, "What's wrong with the Saints?" or something which implies it as a Saints loss vice Texan's win. I'm not sure we win this game though. I like our odds, but this is a good match-up and should favor the home team. We're not going to sneak into anymore wins. Even if the press ignores us, opposing teams will not. This should be a really good game
I don't think we've snuck into any wins this season at all. Probably not last year, either.
Old 09-19-2011   #17
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Because Matt Schaub isnt sexy enough.
That is sooooo gay! LOL....seriously GAY. Like he'll give you a reach-around GAY. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just sayin'.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Seriously.
Old 09-19-2011   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Supermodel headbands are killing pro-football.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read