Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-18-2011   #1
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Robinson (Dunta) does it again..

Helmet to Helmet on Maclin this time, Maclins limp on the field...
Old 09-18-2011   #2
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Robinson (Dunta) does it again..

That was clean. He lead with his shoulder. This crap they are talking about on the broadcast. We know he's a receiver Chris... we know you love all receivers but that was a CLEAN hit.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
That was clean. He lead with his shoulder. This crap they are talking about on the broadcast. We know he's a receiver Chris... we know you love all receivers but that was a CLEAN hit.

Mike
But he put his head down and led with it. That will draw the flag every time.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #4
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Almost in a headbutt motion, from what I saw.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
Ckw

That was a punk ass ***** move by Dunta. I hate the guy not only for the crap he pulled when he was here, not only for his shitty play while he was here, but also for the fact that he is a thug. I hate him slightly less than Innegan.
Old 09-18-2011   #6
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I just rewound it and watched it again. He clearly led with the shoulder. I'm not a fan of his at all but I hate the powderpuff mentality. We are starting to see the feminization of football. He never even made contact with this helmet, it was all shoulder. As far as I am aware that is legal. He didn't leave his feet and he used his shoulder. If that were JJo we would all be arguing it was a bad call. I know we hate Daunta but that was exactly was a good clean hit.

Mike

Old 09-18-2011   #7
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just rewinded it and watched it again. He clearly led with the shoulder. I'm not a fan of his at all but I hate the powderpuff mentality. We are starting to see the feminization of football.

Mike
When I re-watched it the only thing I saw different was Maclin trying to lean away from it, which in turn lead him into the helmet. Still though, they will call it everytime, as long as the defense goes high.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

He doesn't even attempt to use his arms and leans in with his helmet like he usually does.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

So... football happened?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Dunta Robinson may be a test case for suspension. At very least, huge fine coming, though leading WR into big hit no good, too.
Old 09-18-2011   #11
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just rewound it and watched it again. He clearly led with the shoulder. I'm not a fan of his at all but I hate the powderpuff mentality. We are starting to see the feminization of football. He never even made contact with this helmet, it was all shoulder. As far as I am aware that is legal. He didn't leave his feet and he used his shoulder. If that were JJo we would all be arguing it was a bad call. I know we hate Daunta but that was exactly was a good clean hit.

Mike
Hmm i have seen that.

Old 09-18-2011   #12
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, Dunta just got owned. He was so lost he was asking where the help was before the ball even got there.
Old 09-18-2011   #13
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

The whole "defenseless" receiver is just troubling to me. There was a time when Chrissy Collinsworthless would have been screaming about how the QB shouldn't put the receiver in a position like that. Instead we're talking about how the "dirty" defensive player had the gall to hit the receiver AFTER he caught the ball. His hit wasn't all that different from the titans game two years ago. "Going over the middle" is a phrase because it means you might get your bell rung. DAMMIT... This is so frustrating.

Mike

Old 09-19-2011   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19115 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

Mike
Not sure what game or video you are watch but he clearly leads with his head down looking at the ground. The top of his helmet comes first, with his head down he can not see the receiver.

This is just bad form I'm all for big hits with the shoulder but this type of hit like this will just end someone's career including his own.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I took up for dunta last year, but the guy has to get his head up. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the hit last year because it was bang, bang.

But before the hit on maclin last night I saw him whiff on a tackle because he was looking straight at the ground and just launched himself.

I think he intends to make impact with his shoulder and not his head, but he has shown a habit if poor technique. Doesn't make sense for him to be trying to spear because that f him up more that someone else.

He needs to get his head up and start form tackling or he may really get hurt.

Last edited by Rey; 09-19-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #16
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 107649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The whole "defenseless" receiver is just troubling to me. There was a time when Chrissy Collinsworthless would have been screaming about how the QB shouldn't put the receiver in a position like that. Instead we're talking about how the "dirty" defensive player had the gall to hit the receiver AFTER he caught the ball. His hit wasn't all that different from the titans game two years ago. "Going over the middle" is a phrase because it means you might get your bell rung. DAMMIT... This is so frustrating.

Mike
Mike, all due respect, I believe there was intent. The only reason there was shoulder pad at all was because he didn't hit him square with the helmet. It's really pretty cut and dry, IMO.

I agree with you that I want the NFL to try and weed out the horrible and unnecessary flags we all have seen in the name of player safety. Problem is the tightrope it takes to walk that walk perfectly (if you will) is too small. It's almost and probably is an unreachable fine line. We all want the game to be what it was, but it is what it is.

Clear call. If I'm the zebra I throw the flag in good conscience. What surprises me about your interpretation of the replay is it's the slo-mo that will cost Dunta the most moey and longest suspension, if he gets suspended that is. He went after him with the head and apparently didn't care who knew it.

As for Collinsworth, I wish more guys in the booth were like him. I assume you DID hear Fouts blubber on and on yesterday.

See again for yourself in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvRKHy0QWZE
Old 09-19-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
He led with the head on my computer and it has rewind, also. I'm from the school that says you slobberknocker WR/TE's coming across the middle, so I don't have a problem with that. My problem with Punk Robinson stems from his actions later in the game, during some extracurricular activity. He showed his ass during that then promptly got said ass burned on a deep pass by the Eagles. He's all hat and no cattle.
Old 09-19-2011   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 230377 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Dumbta led with the top of his helmut and kinda whiffed with his arm.

Big fine, maybe suspension.
Old 09-19-2011   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta is not a sure tackler that everyone makes him out to be. Yes he puts his body on the line and isn't afraid to make a hit or help out in run support, and for that I commend him for it. But he doesn't wrap up and tackle the player.

He led with his helmet to try and knock the ball loose. I'm all for players trying to hit hard and break up the pass or cause a fumble but Dunta's hit (just like last year against Desean Jackson) looked like he was trying to make the highlight reel and/or even injure the receiver. It was a classless and completely avoidable type of hit.

I've tried to let my emotions of DR's last year with the Texans fade away. And for the most part I have.... but there may be some underlying feeling I have that doesn't want to root for him.

After that hit, I found myself wanting the Eagles to win the game.

He deserves a big fine and a suspension. Repeat offender and it's not on the bubble. It's like he's trying to end the receivers career and that's a bunch of bullsh*t.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #20
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully he gets a fine/suspension that makes James Harrison go "Dayyyyyyyammmmnnnn!!!!!"
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read