Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2005   #61
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

well wat bout TJ now im not callin him a punk cause his assult charge but he tends have some anger issues and gets frustrated to easily. how will that contribute when hes on the feild and gets mad cause he cant get the job done ah but again i cant criticize till i see em play but i just dont like this i have a bad feeling. buch well he seems really confident and thats a good thing until u become cocky and hes def. headed in that direction. i think glenn coulda taught him alot and helped him become a better leader than an "all that" cause thats wat he thinks he is but i have to wait to see how good he is on the feild.
Old 04-24-2005   #62
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
Generally when a team gives a player permission to seek a trade, the team has tried to rework the deal and the player isn't willing to redo the contract.

Thats what happened with Sharper.
like i have said, they will let Glenn test the market, when glenn realizes he cant get much from it, he will rework his contract... and if he does find something that the texans like, then bye bye glenn... but there is still plenty of work that can be done with glenn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16
well wat bout TJ now im not callin him a punk cause his assult charge but he tends have some anger issues and gets frustrated to easily. how will that contribute when hes on the feild and gets mad cause he cant get the job done ah but again i cant criticize till i see em play but i just dont like this i have a bad feeling. buch well he seems really confident and thats a good thing until u become cocky and hes def. headed in that direction. i think glenn coulda taught him alot and helped him become a better leader than an "all that" cause thats wat he thinks he is but i have to wait to see how good he is on the feild.
The assault charges were bull in the first place, the charges were acquitted when it was realized he had previous relations with the woman in the first place... and if he has anger then good, he can use it on the field, he will learn to control it... and buchanon is legit, i watch him almost everygame since i live out in the bay area, the guy can play... and there had never really been any knocks against him until this year when he complained that he didnt feel welcome in Oakland, and the team wasnt headed in a good direction... PB will be fine, he has one of his best friends here in AJ and one of the best CB coaches in Hoke here in houston... he will be good
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #63
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

The talk of Aaron Glenn sticking around to be a teacher to Phillip Buchanon or even Travis Johnson .. that's nonsense. I doubt that PB wants to be taught by AG. He no doubt is pretty secure in his own talent and ability, and he is coming here to show AG up! Would you teach your competition how to take your job away? Coaches can do the teaching. That's what they're paid for.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #64
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
The talk of Aaron Glenn sticking around to be a teacher to Phillip Buchanon or even Travis Johnson .. that's nonsense. I doubt that PB wants to be taught by AG. He no doubt is pretty secure in his own talent and ability, and he is coming here to show AG up! Would you teach your competition how to take your job away? Coaches can do the teaching. That's what they're paid for.
1) Who ever said hes gonna be a mentor to Travis Johnson? He will be a mentor to PB if hes still here and if PB has ANY sense he will listen. If you were a young player in the NFL and "wasnt playing to your potential", wouldnt you want to get taught by one of the best players in the league at your position?

2)AG is a stand up guy. He knows his career is coming to a close, and Im sure he has no problem in teaching the "young bucks" the tricks of the trade. Coaches do get paid to teach, but would you rather listen to a coach, or a person that actually does what he teaches? IMO i would rather learn from an expert at my position than a coach. (I would listen to both of course)
Old 04-24-2005   #65
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
1) Who ever said hes gonna be a mentor to Travis Johnson? He will be a mentor to PB if hes still here and if PB has ANY sense he will listen. If you were a young player in the NFL and "wasnt playing to your potential", wouldnt you want to get taught by one of the best players in the league at your position?
playing to potential? its not like PB has come into the league and stunk it up, he had 55 tackles and 3 picks, and is a avg punt returner with a career avg of 11 yards... i wouldnt exactly say he has been playing sub par
Old 04-24-2005   #66
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Aaron Glenn is a stand up guy! No doubt! But have you not noticed that football players (like everyone else) do not know when their time is up? .. It's human nature. Pride takes over, and then you have them embarrassing themselves. Emmitt Smith comes to mind.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #67
Negative Jesus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
Aaron Glenn is a stand up guy! No doubt! But have you not noticed that football players (like everyone else) do not know when their time is up? .. It's human nature. Pride takes over, and then you have them embarrassing themselves. Emmitt Smith comes to mind.
I dont believe that Aaron is quite at the Emmit level though . I think he has some good quality productive years left in him .

Superjoint Ritual
Negative Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2005   #68
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Jesus
I dont believe that Aaron is quite at the Emmit level though . I think he has some good quality productive years left in him .
While that is likely true, he may have difficulty seeing his career coming to an end and having to step back. Perhaps he was asked to move towrds the nickle DB spot and isn't yet willing to admit it might be time. It's hard for anyone to see the shift to others and it seems it is especially hard for pro athletes.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #69
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Emmitt never embarrassed himself. I don't get that analogy at all. He had a decent time in Arizona. Nothing special but embarrassing? Nope, not to me anyway.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #70
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Emmitt never embarrassed himself. I don't get that analogy at all. He had a decent time in Arizona. Nothing special but embarrassing? Nope, not to me anyway.
You obviously don't remember the first few games in 2003. It seems like Emmitt had about a 2.0 YPC average and was struggling just to get to the line. Didn't he have like 10 carries for -7 yards against the Cowboys. He did redeem himself in 2004, but the guy I saw in 2003 was an embarrassment.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #71
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well we see things differently then. I don't think the guy embarrassed himself in Arizona and you do.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #72
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Look at these by game stats. After the first two games he was awful. He was just pathetic that year:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2003
Old 04-25-2005   #73
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Look at these by game stats. After the first two games he was awful. He was just pathetic that year:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag.../gamelogs/2003

No, he wasn't pathetic, the Cardinals were. I'm with WWJD on this one. LT wasn't pathetic last year even though he only gained 3.9 ypc. Has to be looked at in perspective.
Old 04-25-2005   #74
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
I dont think glenn will go (fingers crossed). We need leadership and he can still be a dominant CB which we will need to combat Indy...the jags got that matt jones kid...he could be trouble.
He will go back to Jets
Old 04-25-2005   #75
fball
Rookie

This news also makes me mad, yeah he is getting older and losing a step, but he still is not bad, I could just imagine having glenn, buchanon, robinson, coleman, and earl in a 5 man rotation, for atleast a year while glenn teaches buchanon like he taught robinson, I mean robinson was great last year for a rookie and I think a large part of that is because of glenn not the coaches!
fball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #76
THEFUTURE
All Pro

did glenn help dunta yeah, but dunta was a rookie... and had also a great CB coach... Buchanon is a three year player going into year 4, he doesnt need to be taught much, and doesnt need a mentor, someone to keep his attitude in check, sure. but no one to teach him how to play... he knows how to play the game
Old 04-25-2005   #77
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fball
This news also makes me mad, yeah he is getting older and losing a step, but he still is not bad, I could just imagine having glenn, buchanon, robinson, coleman, and earl in a 5 man rotation, for atleast a year while glenn teaches buchanon like he taught robinson, I mean robinson was great last year for a rookie and I think a large part of that is because of glenn not the coaches!
1st off you have to be damn good DB to be drafted in the top 10. 2nd teams started to throw to Glenn's side of the ball because they knew he lost a step. I watched from my seats inside Reliant and watched time and time again Glenn getting burned or out of postion.

DRob was going to be a great DB with or with out Glenn here. There is a certain time that teams have to make choices players and I think CC and Capers are deciding now to get ride of Glenn before he really hurts the team.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005   #78
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Why is everyone getting on Buchanan's case, he is your typical miami guy exelent athletes and a shameless self promoters, not counting AJ who is in the minority. I mean look at Portis he wore a fake WWF championship belt when he was in Denver and I won't even start on Micheal Irvin. I also think that a lot of people aren't giving Dunta enough credit, he had to have some skill to be the 10th overall pick. I know we need three good CBs, but doesn't Faggins deserve a fair shot at being the nickle back since he has done it for the past couple of years.
Old 04-25-2005   #79
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Marcel Shipp, who cannot be confused with a HOF, got 3.6 YPC compared to Emmitt's 2.8 in 2003. If 2.8 YPC average isn't "pathetic", then you have no grasp of the term. He should have retired 2 years earlier.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1094

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/237430
Old 04-25-2005   #80
G-Man
Rookie

i think the main reason they are getting rid of the veterans is so they can get some compensation picks for the future. That way you will get a couple of third round players for there loss, they are worth third rounders now, if you wait till next year they will not be worth high compensation picks.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read