Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-24-2005   #41
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
But what he hasnít lost is his ability to teach and mentor our stars of tomorrow. In my opinion Glenn should be held onto for another year.
Good idea - hire him as a coach.
.[/quote]
As a fan we get emotionally attached to these players. [/quote]
Get a pet and let the Texans concentrate on developing a team with a
winning record that gets into the palyoffs.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #42
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Get a pet and let the Texans concentrate on developing a team with a winning record that gets into the palyoffs.
Isn't that why we have Toro?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #43
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

If Jamie Sharper was expendable, so is Aaron Glenn. For all the same reasons!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #44
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone remember how many games Glenn missed last season? I do remember he had some bad hammies and that could be an issue and we may be forced to play most of the season without him anyway.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #45
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

my problem with Glenn being traded/cut is not that we cant live without his skills.

I am not sure PB will be able to give us 16 solid games.. he may get injured, or he may continue his bad habit of going for the interception instead of covering his guy, OR he may just have a hard time learning our system. If any of that happens.. WHO do we have that can replace him? Faggins? I love Faggins but he isnt ready to be a full time starter.. not if we wanna be competitive.

On top of that.. losing Glenn means we lose the great mismatch of having Buchanan or Glenn playing Nickle.

and about Glenn's abilities sliding.. 2003 he was injured.. ALOT.. 2004 we got the 5 yard rule and EVERY CB in the league had issues. Careful that we dont mistake that for Glenn getting old and not being able to play anymore.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #46
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

When DROB came in AG put him under his wing and did everything he could to help the young man develop. That is the sign of someone loyal to the organization. Everything we have ever seen has pointed to a person who has done nothing but try to help the organization and the community. I disagree totally with this move and I think it speaks volumes about the Texans and the coaching staff. I still believe there is much more to this story than all of us are seeing and I believe it points straight at Capers. I do not believe he is head coaching material.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #47
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
When DROB came in AG put him under his wing and did everything he could to help the young man develop. That is the sign of someone loyal to the organization. Everything we have ever seen has pointed to a person who has done nothing but try to help the organization and the community. I disagree totally with this move and I think it speaks volumes about the Texans and the coaching staff. I still believe there is much more to this story than all of us are seeing and I believe it points straight at Capers. I do not believe he is head coaching material.
I agree that Glenn has done nothing but shown alot of class. If the Texans cut him, they will have become a big pile of **** in my eyes. He still has alot to teach DROB and PB, and he has be loyal to the Texans from day 1. They should at least have the respect to give him 1 more year here then let him retire if thats what he wants.
Old 04-24-2005   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow!! Lot's of good posts on here. I'm kinda content to hide and watch. The coaches have access to a lot of info we aren't privy to, so maybe they saw some things they were concerened about with AG. Like everyone else, I want him to stay. I'm not so sure he's lost much of a step or that 33 is old(I'm 35 LOL). Experience is a value that cannot be coached. AG KNOWS how to read a QB and jump routes. He also knows his limitations by now. All that being said, I want to see how it all plays out. This defense showed flashes of brilliance since the team started playing, but showed consistency in being burned on big plays and 3rd and long. Some of that is the offenses blame for too many 3 and outs. Some of it is simply not enough talent on the field. I also think you have to lay some blame at players not playing up to their own potential or goals (some guys simply laid down and quit). If nothing else, the moves this off-season will create some competition and serve notice that if you don't perform, you don't get paid(by the Texans, anyway). Not a bad model to work from. That's along the lines of the Patroits and we all know what they've accomplished the last 4 years.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #49
THEFUTURE
All Pro

this is what i think is gonna be happening, they are gonna let glenn see what the market is like, with not much real intention of trading him. they will let him see no team wants to take on 4 mil this year 4.25 next and 5 mil the year after,, for a 32 year old CB... the texans then will restructure glenn's contract to keep him here
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #50
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=arm03c] Glenn is very old now, and his time has come.

Well to this 48 year old he seems very young at 32 or 33 whichever age he is.

I'm not laughing at you but this statement struck me as so funny.....
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #51
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Texans | Glenn Granted Permission to Seek Trade - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:44:24 -0700

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports a source said the Houston Texans have granted CB Aaron Glenn permission to seek a trade this offseason.

So the granted makes me believe that Aaron wants out.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #52
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Texans | Glenn Granted Permission to Seek Trade - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:44:24 -0700

Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports a source said the Houston Texans have granted CB Aaron Glenn permission to seek a trade this offseason.

So the granted makes me believe that Aaron wants out.
They also granted Foreman and Sharper permission to seek trades. Don't read too much in how it's worded.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #53
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I need to stop going to work, I miss to much news like this.
Old 04-24-2005   #54
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if they asked Arron to become the nickle back and that is what POed him? He has said that he would be willing to be the nickle hen the time as right. Maybe he thinks it's to soon. Sometime hard for guys to see (or admit) that they are getting older. I want Glenn to be here, he is to valulable from a teacher/experience standpoint and I suspect that PB will need ALOT of teaching to get the best out of him. Hopefully this will workout with Glenn staying.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
What is the deal with you all.. This is getting old really quick.

Giving Glenn premission to seek a trade is a AWESOME decision. I really like Gleen too, but you all including me have noticed how from the first year here, to the second year to last year, Glenn has been coming off his game a bit. He still is VERY GOOD, but he is starting to lose a step... We all have seen it. Why not trade him to another team while he still has value and pick up a pick or two next year. He probably only have a good year or 2 left before he really loses a step, so we can get a good value for him right now. Come on folks... you have seen it.. so have I. and this makes more sense then letting him set on the bench and mentor.
The only thing I want to say here is that no, we won't be picking up a draft pick or two next year. We're getting nothing for Glenn just like we got nothing for Sharper. The Texans are giving him permission to seek a trade but nobody is going to make an offer for him because they know come June 1st Glenn's going to be a much cheaper signing once we release him.
Old 04-24-2005   #56
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

the only thing that bugs me about this is at first we were told that glenn didn't have a problem with this that he was looking forward to the competition and now we're hearing the opposite...i mean do all of our veteran players hate the idea of competeing for their position...i've always believed that competition builds the character of a team...and if our veteran players like aaron glenn, jay foreman, and jamie sharper don't like the idea of having to compete for a starting job then maybe we are better without them...and i hope gary walker and seth payne get the idea...not to mention every body on the starting o-line...i hate to get this feeling that none of our starters feel that they should have to compete...it gives us, the fans, a feeling that maybe our players aren't competing on the field as well
Old 04-24-2005   #57
texansfan1974
Veteran

If we keep getting rid of all our leaders and bringing in thugs will they change
our name to the HOUSTON RAIDERS?
texansfan1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #58
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

haha thats exactly wat i was thinking were siging a bunch of punks IMO but i cant judge until i see them on the feild and in the community but time will tell
Old 04-24-2005   #59
THEFUTURE
All Pro

how many thugs have we brought in? i wouldnt call Buchanon a thug. does he boast a lot, sure. i mean anyone that calls themselves "showtime" must think highly of himself and believes in his abilities. He is close friends with Andre Johnson, and i wouldnt say AJ is a bad guy, would anyone? so obviously AJ knows something about this kid, at least enough to associate with him... the organization has never had a character that said "look at me" kinda attitude, but maybe thats an attitude we need, the Texans need to start having an attitude and making the league taking notice that the texans are not a expansion team anymore... does this mean we have to let glenn go, no... i would rather his contract be renegotiated, and im curious to why we wouldnt have drafted another back if the team was planning on letting Glenn go... but to call PB a thug and make this his fault is harsh, if glenn wasnt about to be let go, everyone would still be high on buchanon
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005   #60
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
does this mean we have to let glenn go, no... i would rather his contract be renegotiated

Generally when a team gives a player permission to seek a trade, the team has tried to rework the deal and the player isn't willing to redo the contract.

Thats what happened with Sharper.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read