Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2011   #1
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone worried about our Red Zone scoring?

I kept seeing them get stopped and settling for FGs. That isnt going to help us win against better teams.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Anyone worried about our Red Zone scoring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I kept seeing them get stopped and settling for FGs. That isnt going to help us win against better teams.
You are just a negative nellie! Join the sunshine club, buddy!!

Old 09-18-2011   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'm not worried, we were very good in the redzone last week. FGs are better than nothing, if anyone is worried about their redzone offense after this game its the dolphins
Old 09-18-2011   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

I would have liked more TDs in the red zone but I chalk it up more to play calling than execution. Why Dennison and Kubiak waited until late to keep Nolan and his blitzes honest I don't know.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I honestly thought our TEs and Casey were going to be the difference maker here. OD got 1 td but I feel we didn't make OD/Dreesen and Casey big enough targets in the red zone gameplan today.
Old 09-18-2011   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

not yet. I really did not like our game plan
Old 09-18-2011   #7
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to chalk it up to early season miscommunication. The good teams separate themselves from the pack as the season goes on with more crisp execution of the game plan.

We left a lot of points out there today and had we been facing a good team, the outcome may very well have been different. The broadcast kept going on and on about how the Texans have been very business-like this year and are focused on the task at hand (making the playoffs). If so, I hope they nitpick like crazy and stay on these guys like we're 0-2.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I think missing TDs on the first two trips inside the red zone were partially attributable to Foster not being 100%. Should have gone with Tate there. The 3rd missed opportunity was due to breakdowns in pass protection and not getting into the right play call. Schaub has to do a better job of identifying the blitz and finding the open receiver. Getting FGs instead of TDs won't cut it next week.
Old 09-18-2011   #9
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well our offense didnt perform as well as we would have liked it to. We will just have to see how it looks over the next few games. As of right now, I am not worried because we were still able to put up 23 points. Is it a problem that some of those were field goals? Well it would be if we had kris brown from 09 lol. But since we have a good clutch kicker in rackers, I am not too worried. It's only the 2nd game.

Go Texans!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I think out play calling in the red zone was not good. I don't know if the injury to Foster limited the play calling options, but I would like to see the Texans stretch the defenses more.
Old 09-18-2011   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Our "redzone scoring" is on the sideline with a sore hammy right now.

It's no coincidence that before Foster, Houston was one of the most prolific offenses between the 20s, but were dead last in the RZ. Then when Foster broke out we were one of the best....now we're showing struggles again.

We need to get Foster healthy....if that means he sits a month then he sits a month. Houston can make the playoffs with Ben Tate, but if they want to do special things in the playoffs then they need Foster.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #12
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Our "redzone scoring" is on the sideline with a sore hammy right now.

It's no coincidence that before Foster, Houston was one of the most prolific offenses between the 20s, but were dead last in the RZ. Then when Foster broke out we were one of the best....now we're showing struggles again.

We need to get Foster healthy....if that means he sits a month then he sits a month. Houston can make the playoffs with Ben Tate, but if they want to do special things in the playoffs then they need Foster.
I agree completely.
Old 09-18-2011   #13
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Today there was just bad execution in the red-zone, period! We know this offense can do better in there, though... Disappointed maybe, but not worried...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #14
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I'm worried.

A) We don't have the ground and pound OL that can get the goalline rushing td's.

B) Our most dangerous passes are play action and those work great midfield, but not really inside the 10. Most of the time they're pretty slow developing.

With that being said, I think we should get better, especially when Arian is the one seeking out the door to the endzone. Playoff teams don't stall inside the 10.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #15
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Yeah, I'm worried.

A) We don't have the ground and pound OL that can get the goalline rushing td's.

B) Our most dangerous passes are play action and those work great midfield, but not really inside the 10. Most of the time they're pretty slow developing.

With that being said, I think we should get better, especially when Arian is the one seeking out the door to the endzone. Playoff teams don't stall inside the 10.
Yes they do, go see last week Steelers, this week Ravens. Not going to score TDs every drive, not even the PATS do that....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Yeah, I'm worried.

Yes they do, go see last week Steelers, this week Ravens. Not going to score TDs every drive, not even the PATS do that....

However, no reason to be concerned just yet. Dolphins were a top 5 defense last year and were prepared for the bootlegs and runs..

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think missing TDs on the first two trips inside the red zone were partially attributable to Foster not being 100%. Should have gone with Tate there. The 3rd missed opportunity was due to breakdowns in pass protection and not getting into the right play call. Schaub has to do a better job of identifying the blitz and finding the open receiver. Getting FGs instead of TDs won't cut it next week.

So very true. The Saints will not be as forgiving when we settle for FG's instead of TD's.
Old 09-18-2011   #18
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

However, no reason to be concerned just yet. Dolphins were a top 5 defense last year and were prepared for the bootlegs and runs..
How many times did they stall inside the 10 yardline? Didn't watch either game.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #19
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

I'm kind of worried...We weren't running the ball that well in the RZ, so the play actions didn't work. I think Kubiak should've let Schaub go in shotgun and not under the center. I know he was pressured almost every time in the RZ on a PA play.
Old 09-19-2011   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Worried? Yea, a little. Anytime your consistently kicking field goals instead of making touchdowns there's reason for some concern. Like someone else said though I think it more on the play calling than in the players. We can and will do better, must do better, if we expect to win next week.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read