Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-18-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Titans over Ravens: 26-13

Wtf?
Old 09-18-2011   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Titans over Ravens: 26-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Wtf?
Yeah. I hope they show that one on NFLN this week so I can see wtf happened. Certainly the Tacks aren't THAT good. Maybe both Pittsburgh and Baltimore are losing their youth, who knows?
Old 09-18-2011   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Yeah. I hope they show that one on NFLN this week so I can see wtf happened. Certainly the Tacks aren't THAT good. Maybe both Pittsburgh and Baltimore are losing their youth, who knows?
I would just assume it being 'Any Given Sunday'. Tennessee lost to Jacksonville last week and Baltimore beat Pittsburgh handily. How did those other two teams do this week?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #4
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Titans over Ravens: 26-13

This just means both the Ravens & Steelers are beatable. So if we take care of business & make the playoffs, we shouldn't get blown out like the Chiefs did last year.
Old 09-18-2011   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last week:

Jax beats Tenn

Balt kills Pitt (surprising?)

This week:

NYJ destroy Jax

Tenn beats Balt (WTF?)

Pitt shuts out Seattle

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

i know flacco threw 2 ints and only 1 td, that may of helped tenn's cause.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess its true the tacks have a hell of a O line

and CJ only ran for 56 yards !!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess when healthy Matty H is a hell of a QB ..... i hope we play the bad titans when we face them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81109 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Fisherball looked dead to me today - Lot of ballsy "play to win" calls that seemed to be lacking under the previous regime.

The enthusiasm of the team seemed to only be augmented because of the coaching IMO.

In a sense, was kind of weird - not used to seeing that.

CJ doesn't look game ready to me, just my .02. The line play today was very good, especially in pass protection against one of the best defenses around.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens shot their emotional wad last week against Pittsburgh. They came out flat today. Next week they'll be back to beating ass and the Titans will be back to looking like the team Jacksonville beat.
Old 09-19-2011   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The Titans actually played really well against Baltimore. Britt is a top notch wideout it's just that he finally has a QB that can get him the ball. All that being said it was the home opener for the titans and the ravens seemed to come out flat early in the game.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless the case this is still impressive and means the Texans sweeping the South is not going to be the cakewalk it looked like it would be after last week's games.

I actually texted Yvette to check if that score was for real ..lol. That was the only game that wasn't on at the place I was watching the games.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #12
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

...and he Falcons got whooped last week against Buffalo(who look ok/good) and then beat the Eagles.

I dont know, i dont look to much into anything anymore, but our schedule looks a lot tougher than it did 2 weeks ago...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It is possible that BOTH VY and JF had become a huge drain on the system.

Each guy had, in some form or fashion, a gang of players who backed one guy for various reasons vs. the other gang who were backing "their guy." Kudos to whomever it was with the Titans (not Bud, since his brain is hard-boiled by now) who recognized that both of them needed to make an exit.

(1) Now they have a QB who has been a semi-decent guy (he still can go on "bad" streaks, though...you don't just get dissed by the Seahawks for nuthin'). The nutcase is gone, he's somebody else's problem now.

(2) And a new head coach can give all hold-over players and assistants a feeling of "starting over again." A clean slate, so to speak.

Jacksonville doesn't scare me. Colts game #2 doesn't scare me. I worry about the Titans game. We gotta' beat them at least one time, and two times is better...obviously.

Sweeping the South means 8-0 right now. 8 wins and no losses. Which means we'd only have to win 3 or 4 games of the remaining 8 games to reach either 11-5 or 12-4. Which means we win the South easily. I like our chances of sweeping Jax and Indy. We should, IMO. And I think we might split the Tenn games.

God, please bless our Texans this year. PLEEZE.
Old 09-19-2011   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
...and he Falcons got whooped last week against BEARS (who look ok/good) and then beat the Eagles.

I dont know, i dont look to much into anything anymore, but our schedule looks a lot tougher than it did 2 weeks ago...
Fixed it for you. Falcons got hammered by the Bears in Week 1.

This week, Bears got hammered by Saints. Falcons turned it around and beat the Dream Team Eagles.
Old 09-19-2011   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Sweeping the South means 8-0 right now. 8 wins and no losses. Which means we'd only have to win 3 or 4 games of the remaining 8 games to reach either 11-5 or 12-4. Which means we win the South easily. I like our chances of sweeping Jax and Indy. We should, IMO. And I think we might split the Tenn games.

Actually sweeping the AFC South would be 6-0. Of course we could beat ourselves twice which normally happens more than twice a season. Unfortunately however those games don't go in the win column.

Now we could sweep the NFC South too. Then that would make 10-0.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #16
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 35170 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I actually texted Yvette to check if that score was for real ..lol.
I think you texted my house lol! I'm still in a bit of shock to be honest and was praying for miracles before the game. It reminded me of the 2000 season in a few ways and that was so fitting. It was the ratbirds who gave us our first home loss on 11/12/2000. Getting the win with our first home game against them, new regime, and the way they did it... yep, it was perfect. It was retribution. We got our house back from them.

I wish you could have heard our local broadcast during the game. Frank Wycheck was surprised a few times and even said he'd love to play for this offense. They also said the fans sounded like we did from that long ago season. Sheesh, I have goosebumps all over again thinking about it.

Your team still scares me. The only thing that will get in their way is themselves. I kind of feel like that with our team right now since I'm still riding the high.

By the way, some of us are talking about heading to Houston for New Years Eve. Hope we get it all worked out and see you there!
Old 09-19-2011   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It is possible that BOTH VY and JF had become a huge drain on the system.

Each guy had, in some form or fashion, a gang of players who backed one guy for various reasons vs. the other gang who were backing "their guy." Kudos to whomever it was with the Titans (not Bud, since his brain is hard-boiled by now) who recognized that both of them needed to make an exit.

(1) Now they have a QB who has been a semi-decent guy (he still can go on "bad" streaks, though...you don't just get dissed by the Seahawks for nuthin'). The nutcase is gone, he's somebody else's problem now.

(2) And a new head coach can give all hold-over players and assistants a feeling of "starting over again." A clean slate, so to speak.

Jacksonville doesn't scare me. Colts game #2 doesn't scare me. I worry about the Titans game. We gotta' beat them at least one time, and two times is better...obviously.

shit 12 wins prob means we win the #1 seed in the AFC LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait till later on in the season when these records start meaning a little more and give us some insight. Indy at 0-2 and not looking like they're going to win a game has me TERRIFIED they'll win the Luck Lottery. I'm hoping the Colts, Titans and Jags each when a handful of games just to keep them away from the top 5! haha.

I just want to win the division and make the playoffs. Would love a 1st round bye but ain't gonna get too picky. As long as we make the playoffs I'll be fine if we lose the second game to Indy just to give them an exta win. LOL!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not shocked about this outcome. Every season is different and for some reason everyone wants to pre-define all the teams like pollsters. Oh yeah, we're shocked at Ohio St losing to Rice, but -hello- this is the NFL. Sometimes fans lose perspective and think that if your team is good it has to be bulletproof and smash every team in the league if they are favored. Frankly, we don't even know who the "good teams" are at this point in the season. Sure, we have a real good idea about most of the better outfits, but this season is far, far from showing where it takes us in our yearly trip down the NFL rabbit hole. This is a tough league and even good teams get stopped in the red zone and have halves where they can't move the ball or something simple like a rebuilding team taking someone to task. There are no Vanderbilts in the NFL.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Actually sweeping the AFC South would be 6-0. Of course we could beat ourselves twice which normally happens more than twice a season. Unfortunately however those games don't go in the win column.

Now we could sweep the NFC South too. Then that would make 10-0.
I meant that sweeping the AFC South gives us 6 wins, plus the 2 we already have so far, which would have us with 8 wins out of 16 games. But actually, my math was double bad...because it would mean 7-0 (not 8-0) since the first win this year was vs. an AFC South opponent Colts.

My main point in that whole thing was that sweeping your divisional rivals gives you 6 wins and greatly reduces the strain of the other games we've got vs. tougher teams such as Ravens/Steelers/Saints.

The Saints/Steelers/Ravens games scare me a bit. Steelers are in our house, so maybe that helps us on that one.

EDIT: By the way, I really dig the ads up top. In the past, the ads were cheezy deluxe. This time around, it's stuff I like. I've already clicked on the email system and the e-commerce system advertisements that are up there. Quality stuff, seriously.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read