Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2011   #1
Ckw

Default Our Offensive Line SUCKS

This is just pitiful.

This performance put on by the O-Line is reminiscent of the days of HWWNBM.

I can't believe there were people that actually believed we had the best O-Line in the league. Yes, we are a good run blocking O-Line, but we are TERRIBLE in pass protection.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 09-18-2011   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our Offensive Line SUCKS

david carr
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
This is just pitiful.

This performance put on by the O-Line is reminiscent of the days of HWWNBM.

I can't believe there were people that actually believed we had the best O-Line in the league. Yes, we are a good run blocking O-Line, but we are TERRIBLE in pass protection.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Knee jerk much do we?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

2/2 on sky falling threads.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice overreaction! But during that stretch when Schaub was getting sacked repeatedly we didn't give our O-line any help. The Dolphins were sending 6,7, and 8 guys over and over again and we countered by running play actions or keeping it to only 5 guys blocking. It was obvious from the start Winston needed help against Wake but he was left alone on an island and got pwned. The line and the rest of the offense stepped up when they needed to
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

The offensive line SUCKED TODAY. And Tate was still able to get over 100.

It doesnt SUCK.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Me thinks someone is trying to pull our collective legs. Don't fall for it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Winston certainly didn't have his best game.Drive killing penalties....grrrrr.....
Old 09-18-2011   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris myers got player of the game today i thought he did good

I think the problem is on our right side Brisles and WINSTON playes the worst IMO and brisles played a 2nd teir IMO when there starter went down or was that there D i forgot LOL

SMith and Brown held it down on the left IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #10
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Our offensive line was definitely not good today...there was a stretch where all we seemed to do was just drop back and allow them to come. Would have liked to see more draw/screen plays then
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

sometimes i wish we had a More mobile QB but hey i know Schaub is a peyton type QB so yeah .... he needs some more sliding moves IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #12
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
sometimes i wish we had a More mobile QB but hey i know Schaub is a peyton type QB so yeah .... he needs some more sliding moves IMO
Couldn't agree with you more. Some of those issues with pressure was Schaub doing an awful job of moving around in the pocket, not running per se but just sliding out of pressure. Schaub way too often panicks and doesn't help his line out when pressured.

I'm not saying it's all on him but much of it was. Winston had his hands full today, I have to admit.
Old 09-18-2011   #13
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Our Offensive Line SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Our offensive line was definitely not good today...there was a stretch where all we seemed to do was just drop back and allow them to come. Would have liked to see more draw/screen plays then
The OL was definitely bad today. The Dolphins were controlling both sides of the line leading up to those missed FG's. Even at 16-3, we didn't have a comfortable lead. We had bad field position pretty much all the 3rd quarter & the Dolphins looked like the better team. Luckily Manning baled us out on that kickoff return, leading to Andre's touchdown. But we got the win. Good teams find a way to win those games.
Old 09-18-2011   #14
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I was wondering where that moving pocket was that worked so well against the Colts week 1
Old 09-18-2011   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

How does Duane Brown completely and UTTERLY blow the assignment against Jason Taylor that almost got Schaub killed?

I mean, our LG had his own man line up across from him, Taylor is just a tad bit outside of Duane Brown and we had a RB whose assignment was to flare out for a pass route at the snap....and Duane Brown blocks NOBODY. And then puts his hands out and begs for what? Understanding? Help?

IT WAS YOUR PLAY, DUANE! YOURS!

That was the single-most frustrating play of the day for me. And. "No," Chris Myers did not have a good day as well (contrary to what some are saying). He was getting tossed aside quite a bit, and I think both of our Guards suffered for it, too, having to be in good enough position to clean up Myers' mess.

The offensive line's pass pro today was more like pass amateur. They haven't looked that bad in pass pro in a long, long time, IMO.
Old 09-18-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

The Fins have a good defense, so I'm not surprised by the OL struggling. What worries me is we gave Gregg Williams a buttload of film to use against the Texans. The N.O. game is gonna be brutal.
Old 09-18-2011   #17
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

It was ugly out there today.

My question (and this may not be the right place) is-where was the play action that always works so well???

I don't recall seeing Schaub moving out on that big 'ole bootleg for the pass. Was this possibly because there was not much protection? We were running enough for it to work.

Just curious...
Old 09-18-2011   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The Fins have a good defense, so I'm not surprised by the OL struggling. What worries me is we gave Gregg Williams a buttload of film to use against the Texans. The N.O. game is gonna be brutal.
Uh, they have a good defense???

I disagree. Miami has a "bad" defense. New Orleans has a "good" defense and Ravens have a "great" defense, if we're going on the idea of Bad, Good, and Great for our scoring system for rating defenses.

If our o-line plays against a good defense the way they played against a bad defense today, it'll be brutal (I agree with you there).
Old 09-18-2011   #19
The Cush
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How does Duane Brown completely and UTTERLY blow the assignment against Jason Taylor that almost got Schaub killed?

I mean, our LG had his own man line up across from him, Taylor is just a tad bit outside of Duane Brown and we had a RB whose assignment was to flare out for a pass route at the snap....and Duane Brown blocks NOBODY. And then puts his hands out and begs for what? Understanding? Help?

IT WAS YOUR PLAY, DUANE! YOURS!

That was the single-most frustrating play of the day for me. And. "No," Chris Myers did not have a good day as well (contrary to what some are saying). He was getting tossed aside quite a bit, and I think both of our Guards suffered for it, too, having to be in good enough position to clean up Myers' mess.

The offensive line's pass pro today was more like pass amateur. They haven't looked that bad in pass pro in a long, long time, IMO.
That was a bad play and if its the same one I remember, Owen sneaks out of the backfield and actually runs into Brown crossing him up.
Old 09-18-2011   #20
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not entirely knowledgeable on o-line intricacies, so would someone help me out here please:

Let's say the perfect, franshise-looking LT fell to us in the draft or FA. What would be the feasability of taking him, switching Duane to RT, and scooting Winston in to RG? Is that a legitimate possibility, or do either of their skills not translate to the position changes? I know that it's really tough for lineman to bust (at least according to the experts) because you can always move them to a different position on the line where they can be more successful. What do you guys think?
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read