Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AJ monitoring Brandon Harris completes circle

Decent article in Sunday's Chronicle about Harris, Aj and Harris's dad who mentored AJ.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...to-2176135.php for full article.

When Andre Johnson was a freshman at Miami Senior High, one of his assistant coaches was Tim "Ice" Harris. In Johnson, Harris saw a burgeoning talent, a certain high-level Division I prospect, and the self-appointed task for Harris was to minimize the looming gap from high school to college as much as possible.

The two grew close - Harris was impressed by Johnson's work ethic while Johnson was drawn to Harris' instruction and guidance. Along the way, Johnson became a role model for Harris' son Brandon, who, as a 5- or 6-year-old, often would tag along to practices and workouts, running around on the sidelines.
Old 09-18-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ monitoring Brandon Harris completes circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Decent article in Sunday's Chronicle about Harris, Aj and Harris's dad who mentored AJ.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...to-2176135.php for full article.

When Andre Johnson was a freshman at Miami Senior High, one of his assistant coaches was Tim "Ice" Harris. In Johnson, Harris saw a burgeoning talent, a certain high-level Division I prospect, and the self-appointed task for Harris was to minimize the looming gap from high school to college as much as possible.

The two grew close - Harris was impressed by Johnson's work ethic while Johnson was drawn to Harris' instruction and guidance. Along the way, Johnson became a role model for Harris' son Brandon, who, as a 5- or 6-year-old, often would tag along to practices and workouts, running around on the sidelines.
Great story Steve, thanks for posting it up.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected a little more out of Harris than what I got; especially on draft day with no Joseph/Manning signing yet, KJ's epicly bad year on and off the field and Quin expected to switch to safety. Allen made himself a commodity last year and then huge news came across the free agent wire. KJ and McCain seemed to hang on and turn themselves around during camp and all of a sudden there's a 2nd round pick stuck at the bottom of the depth chart. Nice depth to have and it's also nice that rookies aren't just starting automatically but he seemed like a real hit.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #4
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I expected a little more out of Harris than what I got; Nice depth to have and it's also nice that rookies aren't just starting automatically but he seemed like a real hit.
Did we not learn our lesson from rookie corners? Patrick Peterson is getting burned. We've already discussed this: even Revis and Aso were slow rookie starters.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Did we not learn our lesson from rookie corners? Patrick Peterson is getting burned. We've already discussed this: even Revis and Aso were slow rookie starters.
Idon't think this applies to Harris. $23million guarantees Joseph CB#1. KJ & McMannis have progressed under new DB coach and Allen is a steady vet. Harris will solidify the CB position as will Roc Carmichael returning next season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read