Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011   #941
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So why rain on my parade?

I'm sitting here, enjoying my "jerk off session" & you come in here & try to ruin my party.

That's got to be a man card violation.
Haha!! As soon as I am at my computer, I have to rep you. That was hilarious.

Anyway, I hate playing this role as in years past, I have been the one that has been the homer. Getting burned the last three years straight has made me a little jaded and probably made me overreact a bit.

My only hope is that the Texans completely shut me up by blowing out the Saints in New Orleans this weekend. When/if that happens, you are all more than welcome to berate me for being such a Debbie downer.
Old 09-22-2011   #942
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Somebody please start the next game thread with something like, "New Orleans Faints" because, when we put that whoopin on them, the whole city is going to faint!
See this is what I'm talking about right here, we haven't even reached gameday and people are worrying what clever gameday title we're going to use next!! Oh the humanity
Old 09-24-2011   #943
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
The Texans have a long and storied history of finding ways to screw the pooch. Baltimore, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and other teams that have been mentioned throughout this thread have histories (and for our current discussion recent histories) of success and finding ways to win.

Our history has been one of finding ways to lose. I just don't get how many of you can't see that. Have you not done this same song and dance enough times in the past? You wet your pants with excitement over how awesome the team looks, you ignore all signs of disappointment and constantly chime in with the old tired line of "all good teams have bad games," and then you come around and are the first ones sporting the "Fire Kubiak" soap when the team chokes again.

Sorry guys, but I am going to wait until I see this team do something against an actual opponent before I start my jerk off session.
I don't know where you're getting your jerk off and wetting pants bullshit from my posts. I'm not sitting here demanding the Texans send me my playoff invoice now. I'm simply pointing out that the statement you made about playoff teams not playing like the Texans did last Sunday (winning on the road in the NFL) is an ignorant statement. And I don't need to point out all of the examples again.

And last season and the 8 others before it, don't have a damn thing to do with this season. Nobody is wetting their pants. At least I'm not. I have been around long enough. It's 2 games. I don't care if they won both of them 59-0, there's still a lot of football left, a lot of things can happen.

But that's not saying you can't get excited about what you've seen so far. A defense that is light years ahead of last year's and an offense that is still pretty potent.

The New Orleans Saints have had a much longer history of screwing the pooch. Things change.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read