Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-09-2011   #1
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default You're Fantasy Sleepers

Post your fantasy sleepers you're keeping an eye on. Or people you just think are underrated this season.

1. Earl Bennett (Chi)- He's had the most targets from Jay Cutler in a Mike Martz offense, and looks in line to be the main possession receiver in the offense (Roy Williams? hahahahaha). The other receivers in the corp are Devin Hester, who is mostly a deep play threat, but will take the #1 corner on opposing teams more often than not. Roy Williams (bwahahahaha) who mostly hurts Knox, not Bennett, until this coach gives up on Roy. Johnny Knox, not really a threat, even after the staff gives up on Roy Williams, by that time Cutler will love throwing to Bennett, Knox is still more of a deep threat WR too. Sam Hurd possession-esque backup, and Sanzenbacher I don't know, probably special teamer/inactive on game days.

2. Andre Roberts (Ari) - Remember those seasons that the Cards had Larry Fitz, Anquan Bolden, and Steve Breaston as their WRs? They had a competent QB, and put up monster numbers? Look out, it looks like its headed that way again. Competent QB- Check, Kevin Kolb is hands down at the minimum serviceable. I have a very strong feeling that Andre Roberts is either going to reach Anquan Bolden production. Or Steven Breaston production. If it is Breaston production, I hope its Breaston as the #2 when Bolden went down with an injury. His only competition for targets (besides Fitz) is Early Doucet, and Todd Heap. I'm not too worried about Heap, I think he'll play a Leanord Pope-esque role, like the 3rd target for the QB. Early Doucet on the other hand has the shot at taking the number 2 spot, but I still think Roberts wins it, and is a better athlete. Hopefully they don't go 2a and 2b like we did with JJ and Walter

3. Denarius Moore (Oak)- This is probably my most longshot of the longshot sleepers. His QB is awful, and he's buried in the depth chart behind alot of WRs, however alot of those WR's are injured, and another one is Darius Heyward Bey. DHB is mostly just deep threat, stretching fields, and at least taking away a safety. Chaz Schillens and Loius Murphy are always, freaking, hurt. Jacoby Ford is starting to look that way too. Then you got Hagan, I don't know how he falls into play. Now why do I think Denarius Moore has sleeper potential? PPR, dude had 9 targets in preseason, 2nd only to DHB. DHB will draw the number 1 CB more often than not, and if Moores production causes the coaching staff to give him significant time in the season, lookout baby!

4. Deji Karim (Jac) - Eh, a hated rival team. I only have him as a sleeper because I'm convinced MJD will miss time. Even if he doesn't Karim will end up spelling him a few times a game. If players in your league get points for return yards, and TDs' keep a closer eye on him. Pick him up as soon as there is an inkling of a MJD injury, and wait a game to see if he still gets return duties with MJD out.

Bernard Scott (Cin) - He's another one to monitor. If you in a deep bench league, go ahead and take a flier on him. He'll get at least 20% of the workload when Cedric Benson is healthy, take over 80% when he's not. Benson has been ran so much by Cinci these last few years he has to break down eventually, even if he is constantly playing for a contract

I currently need more RB sleepers, most RBs get drafted
Old 09-09-2011   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You're Fantasy Sleepers

Derrick Ward is #2 on the depth chart and is going mostly undrafted to Ben Tate.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Chad Henne - QB - MIA
2. Montario Hardesty - RB - CLE
3. Harry Douglas - WR -ATL
4. Lance Kendrick - TE - StL
Old 09-12-2011   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

TE Ed Dickson of the Ravens looked damned good yesterday. I'm going to try to pick him up in all of my leagues as a #2 TE. Boldin and Evans call for a good amount of attention, which leaved Dickson single covered most of the time. You can see why the Ravens let Heap go
Old 09-12-2011   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Lee Evans threw down the goose egg yesterday....hammered me. Starting him was almost as detrimental as my decision to take Peyton Manning. My sleeper is still sleeping.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #6
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked up Daniel Thomas this week after seeing him play against the Texans. I know we didn't have that great of a run D, but he still looked good and got more touches than Bush. Not to mention I had terrible depth at RB, and my starters (Foster and Moreno) are both questionable for week 3. I'm interested to see how this pick-up works out though.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ Green, WR for Bengals.

The Bengals have a rookie QB and were not supposed to be that good this year, but I picked him up late late late in the draft. He's my flex guy since I'm thin at RB.

Gonna' try to grab Thomas (the RB) from the Dolphins because I forgot to do that earlier this week. He's under the radar, I bet he's still available.
Old 09-22-2011   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy with Fred Jackson so far. Most people were down on the Bills, but I had him last year as a late pickup and he's done well so far this year.

Also, Dione Branch for the Pats seemed to go very late in a couple of drafts, so I got him in two leagues. Solid production so far.
Old 09-22-2011   #9
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
AJ Green, WR for Bengals.

The Bengals have a rookie QB and were not supposed to be that good this year, but I picked him up late late late in the draft. He's my flex guy since I'm thin at RB.

Gonna' try to grab Thomas (the RB) from the Dolphins because I forgot to do that earlier this week. He's under the radar, I bet he's still available.
Heh sounds like we are in similar situation. I have Meachem as my flex spot. He's been doing ok considering how much Brees spreads out the ball. He's got talent, but not that many targets.
Old 09-23-2011   #10
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 35 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

i picked up Ben Tate in the 5th round outta 7 rounds. Great pickup so far!
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kim Kardashian
Jennifer Anniston
Katy Perry
Adriana Lima

Oh, you meant football players.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011   #12
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Kim Kardashian
Jennifer Anniston
Katy Perry
Adriana Lima

Oh, you meant football players.
90s Aniston or Aniston from say... Horrible Bosses? All my friends said she was hot in that movie, but I can't help but compare her to how she looked in friends :/

Also don't understand why everyone thinks Kim is that hot, she's alright but I see better when I walk down the street on a busy day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read