Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-17-2011   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Man it sure is nice watching "McCoy to Shipley" again :)

Just like how his older brother took out the MUCH higher touted Jevon Snead (puke)... Case has now taken out Garrett Gilbert (THANK GOD!!!)

I actually think this younger duo has the potential to be better than the one before it. How rare is it to get two separate combos, from the same two families, who play the same two positions. The Shipley and McCoy family has been a godsend for the university of Texas. LOL, do they have any more sons?
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Man it sure is nice watching "McCoy to Shipley" again :)

HOLY CRAP! Case McCoy is for real! That was a INSANE PLAY! You'll be seeing that one on Sportscenter.

What the hell was Texas thinking last season with starting Gilbert?
Old 09-17-2011   #3
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
HOLY CRAP! Case McCoy is for real! That was a INSANE PLAY! You'll be seeing that one on Sportscenter.

What the hell was Texas thinking last season with starting Gilbert?
When GG was signed I thought he was the real deal. Even last year I thought it was the O line's fault. Boy was I wrong.

GG is a nice guy, but seems to have maxed out his ability. I would honor his scholarship and let him graduate, but McCoy needs to start and Ash needs to back him up.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
When GG was signed I thought he was the real deal. Even last year I thought it was the O line's fault. Boy was I wrong.

GG is a nice guy, but seems to have maxed out his ability. I would honor his scholarship and let him graduate, but McCoy needs to start and Ash needs to back him up.
I'm pretty sure Gilbert is going to transfer to another school.

He has more natural talent than Case, but Jevon Snead also had more natural talent than Colt. However neither Gilbert and Snead had a quarterback mind. Where they falter is between the ears and that's where the McCoy boys excel. It makes all the difference in the world.

Being the sons of a coach they can process information faster and the faster you can process information, the faster you can make decisions and play. Gilbert would lock up, make some god awful decisions, and then proceed with god awful throws...just like Snead.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-18-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2011   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

GG is to UT as HHWNBM to the Texans ..... All the physical tools ....

I dont think Case is near as good as Colt .... but maybe Im comparing the Sr to the Spohomore. I think the most impressive stat for Colt is the NCAA wins mark ..... that one might never be broken.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #6
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think the most impressive stat for Colt is the NCAA wins mark ..... that one might never be broken.
In general, or by baby McCoy? Because The Boise St. QB is at 40 wins, and is a near lock to break the record.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #7
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 35 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Kellen Moore of Boise st will beat that 45 win record
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2011   #8
headsplint
All Pro

Rep Power: 1332 headsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respectedheadsplint is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually thought it was nice watching "McCoy to Grant" last night. Something about those three TD's...

But I get what you're saying. Last season was hard to watch with GG sucking it up, and watching him in the BYU game I was thinking here goes another long season...And then it was McCoy to Shipley and it seems all is good again.

I'm not saying we are headed for a national championship, well, not yet, but with this young team and the amount of weapons we have, look out for the Horns next season.

Drinking the Kool Aid, yes.

HOOK EM'
Old 09-18-2011   #9
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone been able to surgically remove the commentator from yesterday's game from McCoy's jockstrap? Dude definitely had a man crush.
Old 09-18-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Case McCoy is a baller.
Old 09-18-2011   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Has anyone been able to surgically remove the commentator from yesterday's game from McCoy's jockstrap? Dude definitely had a man crush.
Can you blame him? He's so dreamy.
Old 09-18-2011   #12
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59516 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Case might eventually be on a more successful team than his big brother, but the best breakout player to me has been Malcolm Brown. He's going to be great if they don't pound him into oblivion.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Case might eventually be on a more successful team than his big brother, but the best breakout player to me has been Malcolm Brown. He's going to be great if they don't pound him into oblivion.
Browns young enough that they can run him into the ground and he will still do well during his time at UT. It will cut his pro career short by a couple of yrs though.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas has another blue chip running back coming in next year named Jonathan Gray.

The reason he chose Texas is because he and his father think Malcolm Brown is extremely talented, and Gray can split carries with him to save his legs for the NFL. Whereas if he went somewhere else, he would probably be the main guy for three years and get run into the ground.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #15
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'm pretty sure Gilbert is going to transfer to another school.

He has more natural talent than Case, but Jevon Snead also had more natural talent than Colt. However neither Gilbert and Snead had a quarterback mind. Where they falter is between the ears and that's where the McCoy boys excel. It makes all the difference in the world.

Being the sons of a coach they can process information faster and the faster you can process information, the faster you can make decisions and play. Gilbert would lock up, make some god awful decisions, and then proceed with god awful throws...just like Snead.
GG is too old to transfer. He was the backup to Colt in his Freshman year and played in the NCG. So he used his freshman year of eligibility. He started last year as a sophomore and is currently a junior. If he tries to transfer to a D1 school, he would need to sit out a year, but he doesn't have any more years to sit out. His could transfer to a D2 school, but I doubt that happens.

GG is pretty much screwed as far as options. I think his best bet is to focus on his education, since he doesn't have a future as a football player.

I suppose GG probably goes elsewhere, but I can't imagine a top tier program will want him. He looked real bad last year as a so

Old 09-20-2011   #16
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
GG is too old to transfer. He was the backup to Colt in his Freshman year and played in the NCG. So he used his freshman year of eligibility. He started last year as a sophomore and is currently a junior. If he tries to transfer to a D1 school, he would need to sit out a year, but he doesn't have any more years to sit out. His could transfer to a D2 school, but I doubt that happens.

GG is pretty much screwed as far as options. I think his best bet is to focus on his education, since he doesn't have a future as a football player.

I suppose GG probably goes elsewhere, but I can't imagine a top tier program will want him. He looked real bad last year as a so
And now GG is out for the year with a shoulder injury. This may lead to a Red Shirt Medical waiver that allows him to transfer to a D1 school.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...surgery-season

Old 09-20-2011   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And now GG is out for the year with a shoulder injury. This may lead to a Red Shirt Medical waiver that allows him to transfer to a D1 school.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...surgery-season
I'm thinking this is Mack's way of saying thank you. For all Gilbert's faults as a player, the kid busted his ass for the program. He just couldn't cut it.

I think you're right. I think this allows him to transfer to another D1 program.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #18
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Texas has another blue chip running back coming in next year named Jonathan Gray.

The reason he chose Texas is because he and his father think Malcolm Brown is extremely talented, and Gray can split carries with him to save his legs for the NFL. Whereas if he went somewhere else, he would probably be the main guy for three years and get run into the ground.
Yup. I'm really liking the recent strategy of just recruiting the #1 rb in the country.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read