Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-17-2011   #1
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 2 NFL TV Maps

Per the506.com

Early CBS

CBS Late - As usual, the Metroplex turns up its collective nose at the Texans.

Fox - What's unusual is that Houston will not have a crappy Cowboy game shoved down our throats, picking up the much better Bears-Saints clash.

It's about time the Cowboys get the same treatment here that the Texans get there.

Old 09-17-2011   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 248016 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 2 NFL TV Maps

Cool site.

Must spread rep.
Old 09-17-2011   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd forgotten about that site. Thanks for posting. We in Austin do get the crappy Cowboy game but at least they are playing San Francisco so it looks like the other TV will get moved next to the TV in the living room and Houston (me) will be on one, SF (her) on the other.
Old 09-17-2011   #4
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

SO STUPID! I hope I can pick up a Waco channel on cable so I can watch! I am at work tomorrow, but all we do is watch football on the weekends it is so slow!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome that Houston is snubbing the Cowboys. Has that ever happened before??

Jerry has been blacking out the Texans for years now for fear of losing some of his fanbase I imagine.

It is already happening in Austin. Two friends of mine that were Cowboys fans have told me they are rooting more for the Texans these days because they can't stand Jerry Jones. If the Texans start getting good and entertaining to watch that trend will continue.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Yay, we don't get the Outdated Rivalry Bowl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011   #7
centexfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 centexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcentexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Love seeing this. It's nice being in Austin and not having to worry about Tacks games for a change.
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2011   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexfan View Post
Love seeing this. It's nice being in Austin and not having to worry about Tacks games for a change.
So true. Judging by the map the Browns have replaced the Tits as the go to game for UT fans that don't care about the NFL.

The bottom line is this however, if the Texans take care of business they will have the support in Austin and won't have to worry about being pushed off the air by some team with a former UT star. They always have been supported here by the local affiliates when taking care of business.

The problem comes in when they become painful to watch. That is when the network starts going to other games.
Old 09-18-2011   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I checked this earlier in the week and it showed Austin getting the Jville-NYJ game, now it looks like I'll be watching the Cleveland-Indy game. I expect Jacksonville to get beat pretty bad so I guess it could be a good thing.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #10
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Jerry has been blacking out the Texans for years now for fear of losing some of his fanbase I imagine.
This is CBS double header weekend, so Fox can only show one game. Since this is a rare Texans 3 PM game, they are head to head vs. Cowboys. Fox must have decided They would get better ratings in Houston with Saints at noon than with Cowboys head-to-head vs Houston at 3. If this was Fox double header weekend, they would have picked the Cowboys as the 3 PM game - sorry to burst your bubble.

I didn't know that Jerry owned the Metroplex area TV stations. If someone else owns them, I bet they are greedy capitalists who would show any game they thought would get the best ratings - even if that meant showing the Texans.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
This is CBS double header weekend, so Fox can only show one game. Since this is a rare Texans 3 PM game, they are head to head vs. Cowboys. Fox must have decided They would get better ratings in Houston with Saints at noon than with Cowboys head-to-head vs Houston at 3. If this was Fox double header weekend, they would have picked the Cowboys as the 3 PM game - sorry to burst your bubble.

I didn't know that Jerry owned the Metroplex area TV stations. If someone else owns them, I bet they are greedy capitalists who would show any game they thought would get the best ratings - even if that meant showing the Texans.
Said bubble not burst. The bottom line is they had a choice and didn't go with the Cowboys. That's good news for the Texans that Fox felt they were better off going with another game than putting the Cowboys up against the Texans. I believe if the Texans were at home by rule they would not be able to put a Fox game on at the same time (unless the NFL changed that).

Don't kid yourself about Jerry Jones. He obviously has pull up there. We have been monitoring this for a few seasons now. There have been many times where the Texans are by far the better matchup and the DFW area shows some irrelevant AFC game (example Buffalo vs Miami) while the entire state and everywhere around them including Dallas north (Oklahoma) shows the Texans game. This week it's not as obvious since SD vs NE is a great matchup however still the entire state even the territory north of them is showing the Texans. This just happens in Jerry's backyard. Something anti-Texans is going on up there. Maybe it has nothing to do with Jerry and the program director just has some issue with the city of Houston, though I doubt it.
Old 09-18-2011   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

It is already happening in Austin. Two friends of mine that were Cowboys fans have told me they are rooting more for the Texans these days because they can't stand Jerry Jones. If the Texans start getting good and entertaining to watch that trend will continue.
No doubt
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #13
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

The network can't show the Cowboys game here opposite a Texans game. Its called territorial restrictions.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #14
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 28431 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

It's interesting of all the 3:00 games excluding the Cowboys that they would show a game that the outcome is already known.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post

What Hookem said. That was something I noticed too. Good for Houston stations.
Old 09-18-2011   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
The network can't show the Cowboys game here opposite a Texans game. Its called territorial restrictions.
Correct me if I am wrong however I think that is only when the Texans are at home. When on the road the other network can show a game opposite of them.
Old 09-18-2011   #17
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

My biggest complaint... KENS TV delays the broadcast of the game until the end of the Buffalo/Oakland game. I called my brother outside of Waco, and he was seeing the game. Missed half of the 1st quarter... if they did that crap to a Cowboys game, they'd be run out of town. Firing off email to the idgits!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
My biggest complaint... KENS TV delays the broadcast of the game until the end of the Buffalo/Oakland game. I called my brother outside of Waco, and he was seeing the game. Missed half of the 1st quarter... if they did that crap to a Cowboys game, they'd be run out of town. Firing off email to the idgits!
Same here in Austin. On FOX when the 'Boys are playing late they start a scroll on the bottom stating they will switch over to the Cowboy game come hell or high water. They also say that it is an NFL rule and there is nothing they can do about it. (<-- Do I have that part right, Hookem?). Well, it can't be an NFL rule because of what we saw (or didn't see) today, maybe Jerry and his money have a rule, don't know.

Frustrating.
Old 09-18-2011   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Same here in Austin. On FOX when the 'Boys are playing late they start a scroll on the bottom stating they will switch over to the Cowboy game come hell or high water. They also say that it is an NFL rule and there is nothing they can do about it. (<-- Do I have that part right, Hookem?). Well, it can't be an NFL rule because of what we saw (or didn't see) today, maybe Jerry and his money have a rule, don't know.

Frustrating.
I think it is a rule but not 100 percent sure. Every NFL city I have lived in does this though. I guess the question is, is Austin considered a Texans market by the NFL? Obviously it is a Cowboys market but not sure if it is officially a Texans market (even though Houston is closer than Dallas).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read