Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2011   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John McClain . . . what a piece of work

This guy is something else.

Link

Quote:
. . . . . . .

On the Friday afternoon before the draft, I was doing my regular stint on the radio and saying how I still thought the Texans would draft Bush. During a commercial, I received a text from Casserly saying they had just reached a contract agreement with Williams.

When we returned from the commercial, I said something like, "Well, the more I think about it, considering the Texans were terrible on defense and last in points allowed, I think they should take Williams after all. I'm changing my pick. I'm going with Williams over Bush."

Then I remember Rich Lord, one of the radio show's hosts, saying, "Are you kidding me? After all these months of predicting Bush, you're going with Williams? Geez!"

But at least I got the pick right in my first-round prediction in the Chronicle.
And you wonder why people change the channel when you're on the radio.

(And for Chronicle staff that reads this . . . whoever did the photoshop work on Reggie's arms in that pic . . . needs to be fired. That was ridiculous.)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain . . . what a piece of work

I don't get the John McCalin thing, but the arms do look photo shopped
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #3
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

And he is a total liar. He was saying they would pick VY.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #4
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
And he is a total liar. He was saying they would pick VY.
He said the pick was gonna be about 14 guys. LOL. Also said we would regret passing Toby Gerhert.

BTW, did you notice that Reggie was gonna be the top pick in 2005? F'ing brilliant.
Old 09-16-2011   #5
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You don't get that he wants to take credit for something he admitted he didn't do? Ok?

As for the photoshop, of course it's photoshopped. Hell, everything is photoshopped these days, but if you're going to do it, do it realistically, not in a way that you take one look at it and go "WTF is that?"

Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #6
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing you guys are saying that someone photoshopped a new set of arms onto Reggie but I don't think that's the case. He might be small but he's pretty jacked and he's been like that since coming out of USC. He just has a massive pump going in that pic
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Eff Reggie Bush and John McLAME. Bush for his little "thanks, Houston" commercial and John for...well, just being lame.

I hope Mario knocks the piss out of Bush.
Old 09-16-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You don't get that he wants to take credit for something he admitted he didn't do? Ok?
He admitted to it...

It's not like he's trying to hide it..

I don't really care about McClain really one way or the other... I think he says some good things at times, but he's just a meh to me...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant stand to listen to the guy breathe while he talks ..... He's got to keep his sidekick Anna Megan around so her (o)(o)'s keep him relevant .... Hell , they are the only thing keeping her relevant - piss poor journalists.

Im not sure the Chron has a sports journalist I do like anymore ..... That publication is worthless .... accept for a coupon or two.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mario Williams and Brian Cushing had a baby, that pic is what it would look like.
Old 09-16-2011   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I cant stand to listen to the guy breathe while he talks ..... He's got to keep his sidekick Anna Megan around so her (o)(o)'s keep him relevant .... Hell , they are the only thing keeping her relevant - piss poor journalists.

Im not sure the Chron has a sports journalist I do like anymore ..... That publication is worthless .... accept for a coupon or two.
McLain is good for war stories. He's a walking history book, and I actually enjoy that aspect of his media presence. Sort of like Barry Warner, except Warner is capable of some decent football analysis from time to time (just have to hear past his overwhelmingly large ego, though...at least John comes across as somewhat humble).

McLain's football takes suck. He always seems like a front-runner, and much of his commentary sounds like Captain Obvious stuff.

And Anna Megan is good for (o)(o) candy, but it's when she starts talking that I find something/someone else to listen to. Sweet girl, but not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it comes to football insight. Give me LZ or CP any day of the week. JMO
Old 09-16-2011   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
McLain is good for war stories. He's a walking history book, and I actually enjoy that aspect of his media presence. Sort of like Barry Warner, except Warner is capable of some decent football analysis from time to time (just have to hear past his overwhelmingly large ego, though...at least John comes across as somewhat humble).

McLain's football takes suck. He always seems like a front-runner, and much of his commentary sounds like Captain Obvious stuff.

And Anna Megan is good for (o)(o) candy, but it's when she starts talking that I find something/someone else to listen to. Sweet girl, but not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it comes to football insight. Give me LZ or CP any day of the week. JMO
You are right , McClain does know a lot of "History" . I'll give him that .... he has no real sources with this team .... He was locked in with Buck Fud and Co but this team never seems to have taken to him ..... especially this regime.

Old 09-16-2011   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

No biggie, inside job. happens all the time, put yourself in his shoes what would you do, spill the beans?

I'll admit it right here, I was pulling for Vince Young myself & it wasn't that Bush or Williams where not great prospects either, however to those of us who lived through HWMNBN days as the first overall pick in franchise history it was imperative they needed to move on. I know that's not sound draft logic now, but shows the depth of disparity he instilled among'st all Texan fans, media maybe even teammates & coaches?

Last year the defense sucked about equal in proportion so they fired a Bush & brought in a Son of a Bum to run the defense, not to mention his impact on their draft & free agency. Brilliant!!! Looks like they really got this one right, in this regard I believe McClain has been on the mark all along. Maybe the affliction of ineptitude follows people regardless of their work but then when winning culture occurs suddenly everything is less painful & more palatable

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
No biggie, inside job. happens all the time, put yourself in his shoes what would you do, spill the beans?

I'll admit it right here, I was pulling for Vince Young myself & it wasn't that Bush or Williams where not great prospects either, however to those of us who lived through HWMNBN days as the first overall pick in franchise history it was imperative they needed to move on. I know that's not sound draft logic now, but shows the depth of disparity he instilled among'st all Texan fans, media maybe even teammates & coaches?

You have to wonder if things would have turned out differently for VY had he been taken by the Texans and working with Kubiak rather than going to .... Hilbilly Holler.
He has all the physical tools to be a real good NFL QB .... but his brain got scrambled. (Or was it already scrambled )

Old 09-16-2011   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Witness the awesome power of Biceps Man!!
Old 09-16-2011   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have to wonder if things would have turned out differently for VY had he been taken by the Texans and working with Kubiak rather than going to .... Hilbilly Holler.
He has all the physical tools to be a real good NFL QB .... but his brain got scrambled. (Or was it already scrambled )
It would have been. VY would have had a much better career here, but in the end he wasn't cerebral enough for us. His athletic ability would have made the bootleg game sick. He just wasn't worthy of the top overall pick. Honestly, had Kubiak been our 1st head coach, HWWSNSO(think thats DC's innitials) would have been a stud. Mario was the best choice, Reggie would have been terrible, and VY could have been good here.
Old 09-16-2011   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The question (which thankfully will never be answered) is if Kubiak did believe he needed a new QB from day one, and convinced the organization to forego the Carr extension, would he have used the first overall pick on VY or might it have been Leinart (or might it still have been Mario with a FA brought in to play QB)?

Pretty happy with the way it turned out though.
Old 09-16-2011   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I think VY was too immature when he entered the league and would have been unable to avoid the influences of his hometown.

Dude has all the physical gifts a player needs to succeed in the NFL, but his biggest obstacle has always been between his ears. Sitting on the bench in Philly might do him a world of good in that regard.
Old 09-16-2011   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The question (which thankfully will never be answered) is if Kubiak did believe he needed a new QB from day one, and convinced the organization to forego the Carr extension, would he have used the first overall pick on VY or might it have been Leinart (or might it still have been Mario with a FA brought in to play QB)?

Pretty happy with the way it turned out though.
Kubiak thought HWWNBM could be an NFL QB - He has the physical ability but not the smarts to live up to the potential. He doesnt process information quickly enough to read defenses or go thru progressions which is why we saw so many short dump offs that final season.

It took Kubiak much less than that season to realize HWWNBM wasnt going to be able to run his offensive system but by that time the decision had already been made.

Thats a true story .... without a link so take it for what its worth.

Old 09-16-2011   #20
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: John McClain . . . what a piece of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

And Anna Megan is good for (o)(o) candy, but it's when she starts talking that I find something/someone else to listen to. Sweet girl, but not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it comes to football insight. JMO
I 100% agree with all of this
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read