Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-15-2011   #1
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 67743 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL wants pat downs from ankles up at all stadiums

NFL wants pat downs from ankles up at all stadiums

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...terstitialskip

Quote:
The NFL wants all fans patted down from the ankles up this season to improve fan safety.

Previously, security guards only patted down fans from the waist up before gaining entry to NFL stadiums. Under the new "enhanced" pat-down procedures, the NFL wants all 32 clubs to search fans from ankles to the knees as well as the waist up.

better get to the stadium early folks

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL wants pat downs from ankles up at all stadiums

I'm going through the "Ladies" line. Much better frisked by a female than a male!!
Old 09-15-2011   #3
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm going through the "Ladies" line. Much better frisked by a female than a male!!
Do you have the legs to pull off the skirt?
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #4
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is dumb. Where else do they do this? I know they don't do it at Astros games. I seriously doubt they do it at college games, though I've only been to a few. They don't pat you down at Rockets games, I just don't freaking get the NFL sometimes.

The patdowns they were doing were already a waste of everyone's time (the fans & employees) because they barely freaking touched you anyway.

And what's the purpose of the patdown? What are they looking for? A weapon? I wear an authentic Texans helmet to every game. That can't be used as a weapon? What about the guy with the helmet with horns sticking out of it? Are they going to tell us we can't wear any of that stuff any more next? In to mixed martial arts? Sorry fella, you're too dangerous to be at an NFL game.

The NFL has become a paranoid bunch of jackhole wussies.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #5
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
This is dumb. Where else do they do this? I know they don't do it at Astros games. I seriously doubt they do it at college games, though I've only been to a few. They don't pat you down at Rockets games, I just don't freaking get the NFL sometimes.

The patdowns they were doing were already a waste of everyone's time (the fans & employees) because they barely freaking touched you anyway.

And what's the purpose of the patdown? What are they looking for? A weapon? I wear an authentic Texans helmet to every game. That can't be used as a weapon? What about the guy with the helmet with horns sticking out of it? Are they going to tell us we can't wear any of that stuff any more next? In to mixed martial arts? Sorry fella, you're too dangerous to be at an NFL game.

The NFL has become a paranoid bunch of jackhole wussies.
You can blame the Jets for allowing a guy with a taser strapped to his waist to stroll right on in and use it on people
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

After the taser incident, you know they were going to do something
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #7
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 63539 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
You can blame the Jets for allowing a guy with a taser strapped to his waist to stroll right on in and use it on people
Oh yeah, I know it's because of a few idiots out there that F it up for everybody, but that still doesn't explain why the NFL is the only league in this country to do patdowns at games. Just assuming they don't, that is. Do they do them at the big college 100,000 seat stadiums? That I don't know. I do know they don't do them for 81 Astros games or 41 Rockets games, or Aeros games, Cougars, Owls, TSU, Dynamo, all the high school games around and so on.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2011   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Leave it to a douche bag Cowboys fan to **** things up for everyone. First our tailgating and now this. If I can't get my liquor into the game with my dummy binoculars there will be hell to pay.....hell I tell ya.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Have you seen the "female" friskers at Reliant Bill?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell yes!!!! 10000% in favor!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
You can blame the sponsors and supporters of the Patriot act ....

You can blame the TSA ....

All these pat-downs do is infringe upon the liberty of those who arent doing wrong.

The guy who's doing wrong is still going to find a way to get around it .... bastard may keister a non-metallic shank and stab his victim(s) .... what good was that pat down ?

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Leave it to a douche bag Cowboys fan to **** things up for everyone. First our tailgating and now this. If I can't get my liquor into the game with my dummy binoculars there will be hell to pay.....hell I tell ya.
What did they do about tailgating?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You can blame the sponsors and supporters of the Patriot act ....

You can blame the TSA ....

All these pat-downs do is infringe upon the liberty of those who arent doing wrong.

The guy who's doing wrong is still going to find a way to get around it .... bastard may keister a non-metallic shank and stab his victim(s) .... what good was that pat down ?
Yeah, blame the Patriot act and the TSA, not the criminals themselves.

No wonder this country's gone batshit...
Old 09-16-2011   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Yeah, blame the Patriot act and the TSA, not the criminals themselves.

No wonder this country's gone batshit...
I think you mis-interpreted my post ....Let me clarify.

First , the Patriot Act and TSA laid the groundwork for society to think its OK to infringe upon the liberty of individuals to catch a crook. Its not OK. These laws and actions are unquestionably unconstitutional.

I dont blame the patriot act for the actions of the criminal - I just state that those things will not deter criminal activity. They only inconvenience those law abiding citizens who have to go thru the indignity of being groped during these pat downs.

If a terrorist wants to blow up a plane now , he simply keisters his explosives .... whats it matter to him , he's gonna die anyway.

He (the terrorist) opts to go thru the pat down rather than the full body scanner .... and board the plane with his explosives.

All of the rest of the passengers suffer the indignity of either form of search .... doesnt matter which and board the plane.

Mr Terrorist goes and takes a dump ... the plane explodes.

What good did it do those passengers on that plane to give up their liberty in the name of safety ? Absolutely none - they die right along with the terrorist.
Not only do they die but they suffer the indignity of the search in the process - they got neither liberty or safety.

Pat downs from the ankes up - Hey , Im wearing hollow heeled boots and Im gonna stick my deadly lil pea shooter in the heel ....

The problem here is that we believe things like this will deter criminal activity - Simple truth is it doesnt .... why do you think we have ~150k people serving time in Texas prisons.

We have to find alternative ways to stop crime while not infringing upon the rights and liberty of law abiding citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-16-2011   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If they start doing what they did at the SB we had here in 2002 we might as well forget about tailgating, or the first quarter of the football game. It took HOURS to get through security, and they were relentless. They had huge barrels by every gate and you had to ditch whatever it was they didn't want you to have. I had to ditch a simple clippie and a small comb. I realize that was right after 9-11-01, but, man, if was awful!!

The security check they do now is laughable, pointless, and a total waste of time, and patting you down from the ankles up is just dumb. I bet you anything that guy with the taser didn't have it in his boot!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #16
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just like the Marines. One person will always jack things up for the majority when it comes to the possibility of someone of higher "authority" being held accountable. If it happens again the NFL and the team can say "Hey, it's not our fault, we're checking people out."

If they stand by a do nothing the next time they might get sued, and we wouldn't want that to happen would we...

Old 09-16-2011   #17
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

First , the Patriot Act and TSA laid the groundwork for society to think its OK to infringe upon the liberty of individuals to catch a crook. Its not OK. These laws and actions are unquestionably unconstitutional.

I dont blame the patriot act for the actions of the criminal - I just state that those things will not deter criminal activity. They only inconvenience those law abiding citizens who have to go thru the indignity of being groped during these pat downs.

If a terrorist wants to blow up a plane now , he simply keisters his explosives .... whats it matter to him , he's gonna die anyway.

He (the terrorist) opts to go thru the pat down rather than the full body scanner .... and board the plane with his explosives.

All of the rest of the passengers suffer the indignity of either form of search .... doesnt matter which and board the plane.

What good did it do those passengers on that plane to give up their liberty in the name of safety ? Absolutely none - they die right along with the terrorist.
Not only do they die but they suffer the indignity of the search in the process - they got neither liberty or safety.

Pat downs from the ankes up - Hey , Im wearing hollow heeled boots and Im gonna stick my deadly lil pea shooter in the heel ....

The problem here is that we believe things like this will deter criminal activity - Simple truth is it doesnt .... why do you think we have ~150k people serving time in Texas prisons.

We have to find alternative ways to stop crime while not infringing upon the rights and liberty of law abiding citizens.
Preach! Rep!

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Preach! Rep!
Thanks for the rep .....I quote Jefferson quite often. The man was brilliant.

And I did (Kinda) go with Mr.$100 Bill too ....

Quote:
they got neither liberty or safety.
Not an exact quote but it gets the same point across ....

Its nice to see that some people do understand and appreciate the efforts of those who attempt to spread the message.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-16-2011   #19
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It' not about you and it sure isn't about caring about your safety. It's all about ass cover. What can I do to make sure I don't get sued?
Old 09-16-2011   #20
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, I wear shorts 95% of the time. Whatever !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read