Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2011   #1
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Johnathan Joseph

I saw 2 passes in just the first half he erased from the box score with one of them of course being on the controversial D. Manning call.

It was so nice having an actual legit NFL corner out there making plays. I cannot believe it hasn't been discussed more because it is probably one of the things I am most happy about. our two secondary pickups are looking very very nice.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnathan Joseph

I say : WERD!
Old 09-14-2011   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I saw 2 passes in just the first half he erased from the box score with one of them of course being on the controversial D. Manning call.

It was so nice having an actual legit NFL corner out there making plays. I cannot believe it hasn't been discussed more because it is probably one of the things I am most happy about. our two secondary pickups are looking very very nice.
It's quiet optimism for me. The Colts were a mess last week, and our team was ready to play. I need a little more teeth, before I jump on the bandwagon, but I got my eye on it.
Old 09-14-2011   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought he played very solid and thought that personal foul call was pure BS. The maturity and leadership he brings to that secondary are going to be priceless as well. He's off to a great career here, hopefully a lengthy one.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
It's quiet optimism for me. The Colts were a mess last week, and our team was ready to play. I need a little more teeth, before I jump on the bandwagon, but I got my eye on it.
BS KT, you're on the wagon. Albeit cautious, but you like what you've seen thus far!!
Old 09-14-2011   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
BS KT, you're on the wagon. Albeit cautious, but you like what you've seen thus far!!
I was there on Sunday, I ain't blind brutha!
Old 09-14-2011   #7
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But their receivers are not the train wreck their offensive line is, which makes it perplexing to me that our defensive line is the one getting all the praise.

JJ took 6 points off the scoreboard and the Colts had to PUNT!
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I was there on Sunday, I ain't blind brutha!
Ya know, at the end of the day..... Yeah, I saw the same thing.
Old 09-14-2011   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
But their receivers are not the train wreck their offensive line is, which makes it perplexing to me that our defensive line is the one getting all the praise.

JJ took 6 points off the scoreboard and the Colts had to PUNT!
I am not going to sit here and tell you JJ did not get it done on Sunday, nor do I wish an ounce of ill will on him in his efforts. This is the tenth season, I am guarded, but loving what I am seeing to date. For me, the secondary and the front seven are not getting extra love as of yet. But if this energy and execution remain, the story should just write itself.
Old 09-14-2011   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think maybe we should wait on the Joseph praise.

Overall, a good game. maybe half a dozen plays where he made mistakes he shouldn't have.

Everyone gets beat, I know. But to me he looks like he's still getting settled in, sync'ing with his new team mates........
Old 09-14-2011   #11
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That pass by Collins was PERFECT!! In years past, that was a touchdown on a blown coverage. This week should serve as a good tuneup for rolling to a win in New Orleans.
Old 09-14-2011   #12
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was also nice to see our safeties around the ball on those pass attempts too.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Joseph is a gambler. He needs to have a good relationship/understanding with the safeties.

When there is a blitz on Joseph is going to jump the first move the receiver makes. The safeties have to have his back if he is going to do that.

The overthrown ball to garçon in the endzone was a perfect example of that.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Joseph is a gambler. He needs to have a good relationship/understanding with the safeties.

The overthrown ball to garçon in the endzone was a perfect example of that

When there is a blitz on Joseph is going to jump the first move the receiver makes. The safeties have to have his back if he is going to do that. That or the blitz needs to get there. If Collins feels more comfortable that was six. But because we were on his ass all day and he had t played a lot of football with those receivers he overthrew it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #15
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I hope he also makes Jackson a better player too.
Old 09-14-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

When there is a blitz on Joseph is going to jump the first move the receiver makes. The safeties have to have his back if he is going to do that.

The overthrown ball to garçon in the endzone was a perfect example of that.
Finally we have a CB who understands this and can develope a relationship with said safeties. It beats the hell out of one that marveled at disguising coverages after his 4-5 yr in the league.
Old 09-15-2011   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not going to sit here and tell you JJ did not get it done on Sunday, nor do I wish an ounce of ill will on him in his efforts. This is the tenth season, I am guarded, but loving what I am seeing to date. For me, the secondary and the front seven are not getting extra love as of yet. But if this energy and execution remain, the story should just write itself.
Check your facts: It's his 6th season, he's 27 years old.

I appreciate his play but I don't think it's getting much run because 1. It was the "Manningless Colts" like we've heard about a million-billion times 2. the Defense as a unit is going to get most of the praise and 3. this is EXACTLY what he was advertised as....so it's not like it's a big surprise. I mean, it's really nice to have a real CB facing up to Reggie Wayne but this is what we asked for.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #18
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he meant it's the Texans 10th season, not JJ's 10th season.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just realized we have 3 JJs. One's high WATTage.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #20
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I think he meant it's the Texans 10th season, not JJ's 10th season.
Ah. Muh bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I just realized we have 3 JJs. One's high WATTage.
JJ- the original. Jacoby Jones.
J.J. - Watt. Abbreviation included.
JoJo - JOhnathan JOseph

Problem solved! Interesting coincidence though.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read