Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2011   #1
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster Practices "Normally"

I realize it's not as important as who our #4 or #5 WR is, or whether we can move TE's to WR's mid-season, but I thought it might be interesting to point out that our NFL leading rusher practiced "normally" today and looks to be a decent bet to start this Sunday.

LINK
Old 09-14-2011   #2
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster Practices "Normally"

I practiced normally today as well. Hopefully I will be in the lineup on my couch on Sunday barring any setbacks.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Got my 12 ounce curls going. I'm in mid-season form. BTW, DA sucks...hahaha. Good to see Foster practicing. Would love to have him for Sunday. For both my Texans and Fantasy Football Team.
Old 09-14-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Does "normal" apply to anything when discussing the Texans?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dolphins starting corner Sean Smith said he's not worried about future cramping. Smith claims he's never had issues with it in Miami before Monday. Smith and fellow corner Vontae Davis cramped up in the second half versus New England and were in and out of the lineup. "Iím in top-notch shape; I was hydrated," Smith said. "I have no clue what the reason for that was."

Speaking of injuries, Miami is getting healthier at running back. Tailback Daniel Thomas (hamstring) and fullback Charles Clay (hamstring) both had full participation in practice. Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano said starting tailback Reggie Bush played every offensive snap last Monday against New England.

Dolphins who did not practice Wednesday were defensive end Jason Taylor (ankle), safety Chris Clemons (hamstring), defensive end Tony McDaniel (hand) and receiver Roberto Wallace (quad).
link

Sun Life Stadium is a haven for injuries.

Since 1987, the home for the Marlins and Dolphins has been called Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, Land Shark Stadium, and Sun Life Stadium. The field is now juggled among the Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, and Florida Marlins, making it an extremely used surface. With its covered infield, and typically worn and ill-maintained grass field, I'd think more than twice about putting Foster out there after only 2 weeks removed from a RE-injured hamstring.........and if I am correct, the Hurricanes vs. the Ohio State Buckeyes is being played at Sun Life the NIGHT BEFORE.

FYI, Foster is listed as questionable only having LIMITED participation today. Ward didn't practice today and is listed as questionable with an "ankle" AND "shoulder" "problem." Tate is listed as probable with a quad "problem."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
link

Since 1987, the home for the Marlins and Dolphins has been called Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium, Land Shark Stadium, and Sun Life Stadium. The field is now juggled among the Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, and Florida Marlins, making it an extremely used surface. With its covered infield, and typically worn and ill-maintained grass field, I'd think more than twice about putting Foster out there after only 2 weeks removed from a RE-injured hamstring.........and if I am correct, the Hurricanes vs. the Ohio State Buckeyes is being played at Sun Life the NIGHT BEFORE.

FYI, Foster is listed as questionable only having LIMITED participation today. Ward didn't practice today and is listed as questionable with an "ankle" AND "shoulder" "problem." Tate is listed as probable with a quad "problem."
You got a link for that last part? First, Kubiak's description of his practice was "normal", and secondly, as of a couple of years ago, they don't disclose probable, questionable, etc. until Friday.

Edit: Here's the description of "LIMITED" as reflected on HT.com

Quote:
Foster was listed as limited on the Texans’ injury report, but coach Gary Kubiak said that he took “a normal Wednesday load for a starter.” The key, Kubiak said, will be how Foster feels on Thursday.
LINK
Old 09-14-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I realize Tate had a good game and I realize that he is a talented back, but there is not a RB on this roster close to Arian in talent level.

Arian's vision, acceleration and ability to make people miss are top notch. The dude could probably juke a Gorilla in a phone booth.

And as much as people like to dub him a power back, the dude avoids big collisions unless it's absolutely neccessary. Watch him run....He never leaves himself vulnerable for big hits...Andre does that too...They get all that they can, but watch him and Andre...You will see defenders hitting each other harder than they hit them because they are flying in trying to get clean up shots...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2011   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
You got a link for that last part? First, Kubiak's description of his practice was "normal", and secondly, as of a couple of years ago, they don't disclose probable, questionable, etc. until Friday.

Edit: Here's the description of "LIMITED" as reflected on HT.com

LINK
Here's the link you're asking about
LINK
Old 09-14-2011   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Here's the link you're asking about
LINK
Thanks!
Old 09-14-2011   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

From the Sun Sentinel:

Quote:
It wasn't just the 622 total yards the go-go Patriots produced in a performance straight out of Madden 12.

It wasn't just the record-setting numbers Brady and Co. posted, numbers so outrageous Dolphins cornerback Vontae Davis sat on his stool like a dazed boxer when it was over.

"Six hundred yards Ö that can't happen," Davis said. "Not in Pop Warner. Not in Little League. That can't happen."

But it did, and one of the major reasons it did was the Dolphins' defense was sucking wind from the second quarter on.

Davis and fellow starting cornerback Sean Smith each left the field for key stretches in the second half with leg cramps. They headed back to the locker room in search of Gatorade, IV drips, anything that could make their rebelling bodies snap back to normal.

And they weren't the only ones in aqua doubled over at the waist between long chase scenes starring Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski.

"Very surprising," Bell said. "For us to cramp, especially since we practice in this, it's a little unusual. We've been through way hotter days than [Monday] night."
link

Why so many cramps last game.......and this even being at night? Very high HUMIDITY. Some additional reasons to think before putting Foster out there this game.......high HUMIDITY sky-rockets the risk of suffering muscle cramps and therefore muscle injuries..........especially, HAMMIES.

And if that isn't enough reason to be concerned, let's throw in the fact that there is a greater than 40% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday........already AFTER Friday and Saturday forecasts of thunderstorms. (The field was dry for the Pats game.) That would mean 100% humidity the night of the upcoming game.......along with a wet field which would have already been wet and buggered up by the expected rain and the Hurricanes' game to be played the night before..........a perfect recipe for injury............
Old 09-14-2011   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Having Foster back should really boost the Texans offense. Also should inspire Tate plus learn a lot from how Arian attacks cut-back lanes, keep both rested & grow into an elite NFL RB tandem.

If Toby had been drafted by the Texans he would probably be used @ FB, much like Casey. Multi-dimensional.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to see Foster get some work, but believe this team will be fine without him carrying the load this Sunday. We have a nice stretch of games coming up, and will need him to touch the ball 30 times in each. A healthy Foster is better than bringing back a less than 100% kid.

Manage and leverage the assets for a successful return, and then have a pizza party and live tweet about it.
Old 09-14-2011   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Having Foster back should really boost the Texans offense. Also should inspire Tate plus learn a lot from how Arian attacks cut-back lanes, keep both rested & grow into an elite NFL RB tandem.

If Toby had been drafted by the Texans he would probably be used @ FB, much like Casey. Multi-dimensional.
I'm asking a serious question and let me preface by saying I'm glad AF is back, but my question is this: How will AF's return be a "boost" to the offense? Tate ran for 116 (IIRC) which is what would be AF would run for... give or take.

Again, I'm asking a serious question AND I'm glad AF will return!
Old 09-14-2011   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm asking a serious question and let me preface by saying I'm glad AF is back, but my question is this: How will AF's return be a "boost" to the offense? Tate ran for 116 (IIRC) which is what would be AF would run for... give or take.

I saw a few runs this past weekend where I thought, "damn, if Arian would have had that run".

He avoids defenders much better than Tate. Tate is a tackle breaker and Arian is a contact avoider. Tate doesn't suck at all, but I truly believe Arian is the best rb in the NFL. Even over Peterson. The dude rarely puts his head down and runs into a pile for no gain. His vision and ability to get to a lane and accelerate are top notch. I don't know if he'd have put up a bunch more yards, but I have no doubt his ypc would've been higher and he would've bust more long runs.

JMO.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #15
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I saw a few runs this past weekend where I thought, "damn, if Arian would have had that run".

He avoids defenders much better than Tate. Tate is a tackle breaker and Arian is a contact avoider. Tate doesn't suck at all, but I truly believe Arian is the best rb in the NFL. Even over Peterson. The dude rarely puts his head down and runs into a pile for no gain. His vision and ability to get to a lane and accelerate are top notch. I don't know if he'd have put up a bunch more yards, but I have no doubt his ypc would've been higher and he would've bust more long runs.

JMO.

Agreed. I believe Tate is a bit faster then Arian, and maybe a bit stronger, but Arian hits holes quicker and has better vision IMO as well. If you combined the two together, you'd have one of the best backs of all time.
Old 09-14-2011   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Arian is proven. One year only but still proven. His health is the only concern, hence if he is back to normal that can only spell good things for the Texans.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
link

Way to go, Captain Jinx our Asses. If one Texan gets hurt, I'm on the next flight to Houston, looking for a skull with a cape. You'll be public enemy #1
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Way to go, Captain Jinx our Asses. If one Texan gets hurt, I'm on the next flight to Houston, looking for a skull with a cape. You'll be public enemy #1
You're one to talk about 'jinxing our asses' with this "Miami being our next victim" and "rolling onto a win in New Orleans" crap. Have you lost your mind or something? And if it doesn't turn out that way, you're on the "fire guess-who", right?

I'll defer to Cloak on this one. If he plays, that hammy is going to get tweaked again. I said it here.

How's that for 'jinxing our asses'?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
You're one to talk about 'jinxing our asses' with this "Miami being our next victim" and "rolling onto a win in New Orleans" crap. Have you lost your mind or something? And if it doesn't turn out that way, you're on the "fire guess-who", right?

I'll defer to Cloak on this one. If he plays, that hammy is going to get tweaked again. I said it here.

How's that for 'jinxing our asses'?
LOL...I forgot to use the sarcasm smilie. I wasn't being serious.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

In Cloak we trust

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read