Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-13-2011   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Jets Fans get Tasered

Pretty shocking

A) The fan got the taser in the stadium
B) Rex Ryan mentioned something along the lines that if you wear opposing gear you may have trouble
C) Cowboys fan used the taser (shameless)

Link

You have to start worrying now about your safety before, during and after games. If someone could sneak in a weapon to a major event in NY on 9/11 then someone could sure do it at Reliant.

Stay safe!
Old 09-13-2011   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 159304 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets Fans get Tasered

Man, I haven't seen Len Berman in a long time. He used to call NFL games. I wonder what happened.

He did make a point I was thinking before I saw the clip, the cause and effect of Ryans comments. Not saying that did it, just wonder is all.

Anyway, if there was a brawl in progress both sides were guilty as sin of fighting and stupidity in general so I'm not taking up for anybody. I'll go one better and say I hope the taser guy gets the justice he deserves for bringing a potentailly deadly weapon into the venue. I hope they all get a little ink on their records.
Old 09-13-2011   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 347973 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
...I'll go one better and say I hope the taser guy gets the justice he deserves for bringing a potentailly deadly weapon into the venue.
Give him Plaxico's cell.
Old 09-13-2011   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that people would actually get violent over the outcome of a game is just beyond sad to me.

The whole point is supposed to be entertainment. Its not like you're actually on the team, either. You're just a spectator..
Old 09-13-2011   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The fact that people would actually get violent over the outcome of a game is just beyond sad to me.

The whole point is supposed to be entertainment. Its not like you're actually on the team, either. You're just a spectator..
Cowboys fans
Old 09-14-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Pretty shocking

B) Rex Ryan mentioned something along the lines that if you wear opposing gear you may have trouble

Link

You have to start worrying now about your safety before, during and after games. If someone could sneak in a weapon to a major event in NY on 9/11 then someone could sure do it at Reliant.

Stay safe!
This is not shocking at all for me. When going through "security" they tap my shoulders and lightly rub the sides of their arms from my armpits to waistband. I could carry my SWAT shotgun down my pant leg and no one would be the smarter. They simply have me open my binocular case (sometimes they don't even do that) and even though there is an antenna sticking out of it because I keep my radio underneath the glasses, they have never had me take the binoculars out to see what the antenna is connected to...........and that was my 9/11 experience.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't TASE me bro!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2011   #8
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty shocking

Link

Stay safe!
Nicely played, Sir. Nicely played.
Old 09-14-2011   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It was not over the outcome of the game, it was over him not standing for the national anthem and talking on his phone loudly during a moment of silence for the 9/11 victims.

I don't blame the Jets fans one bit, this guy deserved to get his face bashed in and to add on he started tasing people(including a marine).

A very frustrating story in every way.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 159304 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
It was not over the outcome of the game, it was over him not standing for the national anthem and talking on his phone loudly during a moment of silence for the 9/11 victims.

I don't blame the Jets fans one bit, this guy deserved to get his face bashed in and to add on he started tasing people(including a marine).

A very frustrating story in every way.
Could you post a link with that information? I don't doubt you in any way but just wanted to read it. If true I'm backing the Jets fans all the way but I'll probably hate myself in the morning, them being Jets fans and all.
Old 09-14-2011   #11
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Could you post a link with that information? I don't doubt you in any way but just wanted to read it. If true I'm backing the Jets fans all the way but I'll probably hate myself in the morning, them being Jets fans and all.
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish...e-stun-gun-use
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011   #12
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pretty shocking

Link

Stay safe!
But, wouldn't Rex know something was AFOOT?
Old 09-14-2011   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I appreciate it!!
Old 09-14-2011   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

It seems before he remembered how religious he was, the first thing that came to his mind was medical reasons.

LINK

Quote:
The South Carolina (<--I wonder if he ever lived in Dallas, might have, but who knows? --ST100) man who was charged with aggravated assault and weapons possession for allegedly firing a Taser during a fight at MetLife stadium Sunday says he zapped in self-defense. 59-year-old Larry McKelvey, a Cowboys fan, was attending the game with his fiance, Gloria Dargin, when trouble started with some Jets fans, one of whom is a Marine who was reportedly angered when the couple remained seated during the National Anthem. But Dargin insists they're not unpatriotic: "We did not stand up, not disrespecting our country, we weren't standing up because of our medical reasons," she tells the local TV station.
Later in the article explains how his son remembered for him his religious convictions so deep we doesn't stand for his country.

And how about the fiance, huh? Talk about love, he has a medical condition bad enough it forces him to sit during the anthem (after being airlifted from his bed to the stadium seat, presumably) and SHE hurts so bad she must sit too.

I guess during the moment of silence he was on the phone with emergency personel asking if he should stand during the National Anthem.

Old 09-15-2011   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 259047 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Signed,

Soccer fans all over the world.
Old 09-15-2011   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This is not shocking at all for me. When going through "security" they tap my shoulders and lightly rub the sides of their arms from my armpits to waistband. I could carry my SWAT shotgun down my pant leg and no one would be the smarter. They simply have me open my binocular case (sometimes they don't even do that) and even though there is an antenna sticking out of it because I keep my radio underneath the glasses, they have never had me take the binoculars out to see what the antenna is connected to...........and that was my 9/11 experience.
I sit next to opposing fans every time. We give 'em so much hell they laugh. This may be the one place left on earth that doesn't force you to walk through metal detectors and anal cavity searches to get in, as long as we remain respectful of the HUMAN BEINGS wearing dirty, rotten, stinky clothings/colors let's keep it that way. Texans fans: keepin' it classy.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

All Jets fans should be tasered.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems before he remembered how religious he was, the first thing that came to his mind was medical reasons.

LINK

Later in the article explains how his son remembered for him his religious convictions so deep we doesn't stand for his country.

And how about the fiance, huh? Talk about love, he has a medical condition bad enough it forces him to sit during the anthem (after being airlifted from his bed to the stadium seat, presumably) and SHE hurts so bad she must sit too.

I guess during the moment of silence he was on the phone with emergency personel asking if he should stand during the National Anthem.

I have a bad back, bad knees, and a bum ankle and I am the first one up. Its just respect.
Old 09-15-2011   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 138542 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I got the shit tased out of me!!

Signed,

Ted Bundy
Old 09-17-2011   #20
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

This just in!!! Tony Sporano tells Texans' fans to watch their backs at the game Sunday! Alright guys, bring the heat!
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read