Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2011   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No respect yet...

Watched Mike & Mike in the Morning to hear commentary about our game...

Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, M&M only focused on the Colts without Peyton, "Colts better do this...", "Colts need a checkup from the neck up...", Colts, Colts, Colts.

No kudos to Texans D play, no recognition of our offensive steamrolling, mopping the floor with our division nemesis. I don't think I heard Mario or Tate's names once. No respect. Yet.
Old 09-13-2011   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No respect yet...

We're 1-0 and so are some bad teams. We have to earn it, especially after going 2-8 in our last 10 games...

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Win the games and it will come.
Old 09-13-2011   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Please stop with the respect threads. Wake up. We havent done anything to earn respect.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

What the talking heads have to say about the Texans follows two laws. (1) If we like what we hear, it's on the level. (2) If we don't like what we hear, the source is prejuduced against us.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Watched Mike & Mike in the Morning to hear commentary about our game...

Cris Carter, Mike Ditka, M&M only focused on the Colts without Peyton, "Colts better do this...", "Colts need a checkup from the neck up...", Colts, Colts, Colts.

No kudos to Texans D play, no recognition of our offensive steamrolling, mopping the floor with our division nemesis. I don't think I heard Mario or Tate's names once. No respect. Yet.
I detest that show, rarely watch it! Those two guys are so busy trying to out talk each other they lose sight of desent commentary!

I got this quote from a "friend" the other day. " I'm a Cowboy fan, BUT, I like the Texans too! When you guys win a SB I will be right there with you!" I can't put my reply on this MB, it would not be suitable! I doubt I will hear from this "friend" again! BUT, this is the attitude out there in general. Until we PROVE ourselves by WINNING a SB, we will not get the respect we all want as fans. Look at the Cardinals. They went to the SB but bombed out. Fans don't respect them anymore now than they did before that fluke of a year. We gotta take it ALL my TT friends, or this time next year we will still be bitchin about not being respected! JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, it seems like every year the national media actually picks us to actually DO something with our season (see Tom Jackson picking us to go to the Super Bowl last year) and the Texans as of yet, have ALWAYS thrown egg on their face.

So, if I was one of the talking heads, I wouldn't believe it until I see it from the Texans. The Texans need to go 3-1 to start to get any kind of "respect" which means beating MIA, and either NO or PITT.

I prefer to the team under the radar anyway most of the time.

One last thought, I think Peyton being out is thr bigger story for now, he's been basically the face of the NFL for years and clearly IS the Colts who may not make the playoffs for the 1st time in like 10 years, so, yeah that kind of is the bigger story right now.

(I agree though that I get tired of all the overlooking of the Texans too sometimes so I see where you are coming from)

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2011   #8
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Id rather be under the radar and surprise people in the playoffs where it counts.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #9
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

this is a good thing lets just fly under the radar and sneak up or anyone. we had a stack of talk last year and look where that got us.

the national media not talking about us is a good thing.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #10
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

You shouldn't overreact after losing a week 1 game, and it works vise versa.

Anyone who's expecting praise or respect after a win over the Colts should be fully open to receiving chants of "fraud" if we lose next week against the Miami.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good. I don't want their respect. All I know is we got a game against Miami this week, everything else is inconsequential. The talking heads get paid to talk, let 'em.
Old 09-13-2011   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

No respect yet...no care yet. We haven't done anything to earn it.
Skins, Raiders, Jax are 1-0, does that mean they're any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 221373 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

What is the record in the month of November under Kubiak?

I'll start really believing when December rolls around and the record is 8-4 or similar.
Old 09-13-2011   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
What is the record in the month of November under Kubiak?

I'll start really believing when December rolls around and the record is 8-4 or similar.
This. I'd rep ya eriadoc, but I can't.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #15
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93630 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 3 & 4, Saints and Steelers.

Win those games we WILL get plenty of attention.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #16
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
this is a good thing lets just fly under the radar and sneak up or anyone. We had a stack of talk last year and look where that got us.

The national media not talking about us is a good thing.

this! ^^^
Old 09-13-2011   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh. Not another "we don't get any respect" thread. Please, make it stop.

Every national writer in the country loves us and has us going to the playoffs, yet we're whining about "no respect"?
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #18
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
You shouldn't overreact after losing a week 1 game, and it works vise versa.

Anyone who's expecting praise or respect after a win over the Colts should be fully open to receiving chants of "fraud" if we lose next week against the Miami.
I somewhat agree here. However, we are 1-0 in our division, and that's better than both the Colts and the Titans.

If we can go 3-1, we really need to lose to the Saints, that way we're in better position with our AFC record moving forward.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #19
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well what have they done to earn it?

The media has actually given the Texans quite a bit of respect the past few years, outside maybe Lombardi and a few others...

But it is funny how people are diagnosing the Colts as if they're geniuses... It's real simple...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Win in Miami, win on the road against Saints, beat Steelers at home.

I couldn't give a crap what Mike and Mike in the Morning think. I just want Ws.

I am sick of fudgy foo foo football talk.

Let's talk more X and O talk on the forum, and less making issues out of things that aren't issues. That ends up happening when there's nothing going on and we can't wait for the next game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read