Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2011   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Danieal Manning defenseless receiver penalty?

I pulled together the video of the Danieal Manning call and then talk about it some in my blog:

Danieal Manning defenseless receiver penalty? You make the call.

He tried to pull up and still got penalized. He better not get fined or I'm starting jihad.
Old 09-13-2011   #2
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 114196 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Danieal Manning defenseless receiver penalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I pulled together the video of the Danieal Manning call and then talk about it some in my blog:

He tried to pull up and still got penalized. He better not get fined or I'm starting jihad.
I hear ya Steph, bad call!
Old 09-13-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198610 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If it happens, just let us know where to pick up our pitchforks and torches.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #4
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

BAD, BAD call!! It's a dumb rule, and I'm not sure the refs know what they are doing with it. Hopefully, Kubiak will make a big deal out of it and they will learn something after reviewing the clip.

I'm with you and all the others about the jihad! DON'T mess with our TEXANS!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 266080 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree.

Excellent video presentation, by the way. Texans should send a link to the NFL office.

That rule is too subjective for refs to make a snap judgement call on, IMO.
Old 09-13-2011   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bad rule.

Terrible call.

How much do these guys get paid to catch balls and take hits? I thought so. Stop babying the offensive players and trusting refs to do what they have proven for most of a century that they can't. This will become just as big an issue as the defensive pass interference (except that this one is unnecessary)....and it could ruin the game....until it's done away with.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Did someone say Jihad?!? I''m always down for a good jihad!

This call was bogus, I think probably 99.9% of people would say that after watching the replay. I mean this is like hitting the QB as he throws and getting a roughness penalty. Just weak. He didn't "hit" him, despite the unavoidable contact. Garcon wasn't looking for a penalty. He didn't launch himself, he didn't lead with the head, he didn't hit Garcon's head. Where is the foul? What specifically did he do? TOUCH him?!?

It really sank in how miserable of a call that was when I went home and watched football all day....and ALL DAY this same thing happened, deep pass, corner hits one side safety hits other and there was no flag for it ALL DAY. There was a hit on a San Fran TE where the guy left his feet, led with his helmet, hit the TE's head and there was NO CALL. THAT IS a penalty. Manning's foul.............................................n ot so much.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2011   #8
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

You are right TC it is indeed a bad call.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in shock when they called that. Good thing we were up 34-0 at the time. That sort of BS call could ruin a teams season. I agree that the Texans need to send that in for review and say "WTF mate?"
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Bad rule.

Terrible call.

Good rule.

Terrible call.

My two cents.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
I agree.

Excellent video presentation, by the way. Texans should send a link to the NFL office.

That rule is too subjective for refs to make a snap judgement call on, IMO.
Very low tech vid technique. Videotape my TV. Not elegant but quick. Figure some people will see the video without my article so I wanted to have some commentary in there. Also, I want to make sure that it is clear I am using this clip in a fair use way--for educational/editorial purposes.
Old 09-13-2011   #12
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to believe that it was just the officials shaking off some rust, and we would not see this by week three.

But it would be good to submit that video to the NFL to make them aware of how that call can go terribly wrong.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

No fine just a bad call that took the letter of law too far.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #14
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

PFT agrees it was a bad call. Soon these guys will be walking around in bubblewrap like the Michelin man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-flag-anyway/
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
pft agrees it was a bad call. Soon these guys will be walking around in bubblewrap like the michelin man.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-flag-anyway/
jihad unleashed!!!
Old 09-13-2011   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a bad call for sure. But what I really picked up from your video is what a GREAT play that was by Johnathan Joseph! Pierre Garcon had that for a TD and Joseph slapped it out of his hands before Garcon got possession.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 224375 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

He tried to pull up. If he still gets fined, I want him to lay the hammer down. If you're going to pay the fine, do the crime. That is the unintended consequence that the NFL risks by not applying some common sense here.
Old 09-13-2011   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole miss texan View Post
it was a bad call for sure. But what i really picked up from your video is what a great play that was by johnathan joseph! Pierre garcon had that for a td and joseph slapped it out of his hands before garcon got possession.
that's what gets me so mad!!! It was a great play by all!!! Flag!!!!! Aaaayyyyy!!!!
Old 09-13-2011   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
that's what gets me so mad!!! It was a great play by all!!! Flag!!!!! Aaaayyyyy!!!!
I just realized that TT.com doesn't let you write in all caps. But imagine the above in all caps.
Old 09-13-2011   #20
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

At full speed, it did kind of look like the helmet could have been in on the hit. That's probably why it drew the penalty. In slow motion, and watching it over and over, its easy to see it wasn't... but refs only get one look at it, at full speed.

That's all I can come up with.

If what happened there is the correct call, then I simply don't know what to say.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read