Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2011   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Are We Considered DIrty?

i remember when kubiak installed the new system everyone talked about cut blocking being dirty. maybe this is why the system works?????
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are We Considered DIrty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
i remember when kubiak installed the new system everyone talked about cut blocking being dirty. maybe this is why the system works?????
Nope.
Old 09-12-2011   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Who cares.
Old 09-12-2011   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
Only to the NFC...... Nancy Football Conference. As far as I know it's still illegal to chop block if another lineman is engaged with the D-lineman. Every team chop blocks. Watch a screen play when the Tackle chops a DE! Happens all the time...

Puh-Ceees!!
Old 09-12-2011   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

They finally found folks who'll chop . If being dirty is a by product , so be it .
Old 09-12-2011   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
They finally found folks who'll chop . If being dirty is a by product , so be it .

Like every other rule in the NFL they will Pussyfy it more and do away with chop blocks. Intead they will give the player palm palms and call it upper palm blocking should be fun.

Its sad they are allowed to be more Physical than us now. Plus they're fun to watch, might have to get me a new team
Old 09-12-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Like every other rule in the NFL they will Pussyfy it more and do away with chop blocks. Intead they will give the player palm palms and call it upper palm blocking should be fun.

Its sad they are allowed to be more Physical than us now. Plus they're fun to watch, might have to get me a new team
My sticker is officially pecking out.
Old 09-12-2011   #8
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
My sticker is officially pecking out.
i was watching this one night and my wife was like what are you watching. I said cant you see its football, you know how much i love football. She rolled her eyes and walked away. Nothing wrong with some good ole fashion Fuzeball
Old 09-12-2011   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i was watching this one night and my wife was like what are you watching. I said cant you see its football, you know how much i love football. She rolled her eyes and walked away. Nothing wrong with some good ole fashion Fuzeball
My wife just walks away on Sunday afternoons and Monday nites. Not worth the argument...
Old 09-12-2011   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck with NFL. I want to watch this league. Just kidding but I wouldn't mind watching these girls play.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Only to the NFC...... Nancy Football Conference. As far as I know it's still illegal to chop block if another lineman is engaged with the D-lineman. Every team chop blocks. Watch a screen play when the Tackle chops a DE! Happens all the time...

Puh-Ceees!!
This is true - totally legal as long as the DL isnt engaged with another blocker.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #12
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Texan_Bill is for sure, I have my moments, and my guess is that Lauren is...........

Sorry, wrong thread!
Old 09-13-2011   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

To answer your question! I HOPE so!! I've been waiting ten years for us to have a team with attitude, and it they get a little dirty, well, so be it!! Welcome to the NFL where EVERY SB team has had SOMEONE who gets nailed for playing dirty!! BRING IT ON!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #14
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Some players/teams look for excuses when you beat the heck out of them.

Texans offense bested most of their opponents last year, as witnessed by the numbers. Cheaters.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut blocking isn't dirty, it's legal and it CAN be effective. Also, every single team does it. ALL of them.

I'll tell you what's dirty....or cheap....or weak sauce: Running the ball like the Colts do. Line up 3/4 WR to get a defense to go nickel or dime......then run delayed handoffs and screens instead of actual running plays. That **** is so weak I can't even stand it.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #16
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
To answer your question! I HOPE so!! I've been waiting ten years for us to have a team with attitude, and it they get a little dirty, well, so be it!! Welcome to the NFL where EVERY SB team has had SOMEONE who gets nailed for playing dirty!! BRING IT ON!!
I think we found our new Team Captain!!!!!
Old 09-13-2011   #17
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

If they ain't hatin', you aren't doing it right.

Accusations of dirty come around when you are beating people.
Old 09-13-2011   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been saying these five words since joining this message board and it bears repeating "Resurrect...The...House...of... PAIN!" When you see "Houston" on your schedule you should think "Oh God...not those guys." and wear some extra pads because you know you'll be lit up like a vuggin' Christmas tree. If other teams are calling the Texans dirty...so be it. I'd rathe they be seen as a winning team that people hate vs a team which is seen as an easy win. It's time to get some respect.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
If you are a member of a defensive unit, your job is to inflict physical and psychological PAIN on opposing offensive units. If you're on the line your body is a missle designed to obliterate running backs and QBs. If you're in the secondary your job is to get between receivers and the football and barring that to make them the most miserable men on the face of the earth if they catch it. It's time to make people rue seeing the words "Houston Texans" on their schedule.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I'll tell you what's dirty....or cheap....or weak sauce: Running the ball like the Colts do. Line up 3/4 WR to get a defense to go nickel or dime......then run delayed handoffs and screens instead of actual running plays. That **** is so weak I can't even stand it.
You mean like what the Oilers used to always do during the run & shoot days?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read