Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Are We Considered DIrty?

i remember when kubiak installed the new system everyone talked about cut blocking being dirty. maybe this is why the system works?????

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
i remember when kubiak installed the new system everyone talked about cut blocking being dirty. maybe this is why the system works?????
Only to the NFC...... Nancy Football Conference. As far as I know it's still illegal to chop block if another lineman is engaged with the D-lineman. Every team chop blocks. Watch a screen play when the Tackle chops a DE! Happens all the time...

Puh-Ceees!!

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
They finally found folks who'll chop . If being dirty is a by product , so be it .

Like every other rule in the NFL they will Pussyfy it more and do away with chop blocks. Intead they will give the player palm palms and call it upper palm blocking should be fun.

Its sad they are allowed to be more Physical than us now. Plus they're fun to watch, might have to get me a new team ;)

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Like every other rule in the NFL they will Pussyfy it more and do away with chop blocks. Intead they will give the player palm palms and call it upper palm blocking should be fun.

Its sad they are allowed to be more Physical than us now. Plus they're fun to watch, might have to get me a new team ;)
My sticker is officially pecking out.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
My sticker is officially pecking out.
i was watching this one night and my wife was like what are you watching. I said cant you see its football, you know how much i love football. She rolled her eyes and walked away. Nothing wrong with some good ole fashion Fuzeball ;)

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
i was watching this one night and my wife was like what are you watching. I said cant you see its football, you know how much i love football. She rolled her eyes and walked away. Nothing wrong with some good ole fashion Fuzeball ;)
My wife just walks away on Sunday afternoons and Monday nites. Not worth the argument...

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Only to the NFC...... Nancy Football Conference. As far as I know it's still illegal to chop block if another lineman is engaged with the D-lineman. Every team chop blocks. Watch a screen play when the Tackle chops a DE! Happens all the time...

Puh-Ceees!!
This is true - totally legal as long as the DL isnt engaged with another blocker.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Well, Texan_Bill is for sure, I have my moments, and my guess is that Lauren is...........

Sorry, wrong thread!

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
To answer your question! I HOPE so!! I've been waiting ten years for us to have a team with attitude, and it they get a little dirty, well, so be it!! Welcome to the NFL where EVERY SB team has had SOMEONE who gets nailed for playing dirty!! BRING IT ON!!

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Some players/teams look for excuses when you beat the heck out of them.

Texans offense bested most of their opponents last year, as witnessed by the numbers. Cheaters. :foottap:

Cut blocking isn't dirty, it's legal and it CAN be effective. Also, every single team does it. ALL of them.

I'll tell you what's dirty....or cheap....or weak sauce: Running the ball like the Colts do. Line up 3/4 WR to get a defense to go nickel or dime......then run delayed handoffs and screens instead of actual running plays. That **** is so weak I can't even stand it.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
To answer your question! I HOPE so!! I've been waiting ten years for us to have a team with attitude, and it they get a little dirty, well, so be it!! Welcome to the NFL where EVERY SB team has had SOMEONE who gets nailed for playing dirty!! BRING IT ON!!
I think we found our new Team Captain!!!!!

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
I've been saying these five words since joining this message board and it bears repeating "Resurrect...The...House...of... PAIN!" When you see "Houston" on your schedule you should think "Oh God...not those guys." and wear some extra pads because you know you'll be lit up like a vuggin' Christmas tree. If other teams are calling the Texans dirty...so be it. I'd rathe they be seen as a winning team that people hate vs a team which is seen as an easy win. It's time to get some respect.

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
If you are a member of a defensive unit, your job is to inflict physical and psychological PAIN on opposing offensive units. If you're on the line your body is a missle designed to obliterate running backs and QBs. If you're in the secondary your job is to get between receivers and the football and barring that to make them the most miserable men on the face of the earth if they catch it. It's time to make people rue seeing the words "Houston Texans" on their schedule.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
I'll tell you what's dirty....or cheap....or weak sauce: Running the ball like the Colts do. Line up 3/4 WR to get a defense to go nickel or dime......then run delayed handoffs and screens instead of actual running plays. That **** is so weak I can't even stand it.
You mean like what the Oilers used to always do during the run & shoot days?

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Cut blocking isn't dirty, it's legal and it CAN be effective. Also, every single team does it. ALL of them.

Ummm... we do that too.
All teams have that in their playbook.

I know that we've lined up trips on one side and a TE on the other then handed the ball off...

And if your DBs can't fight off the blocks of the #3 & #4 WRs - because that's who's out there to make the D go nickle or dime - then get new ones.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Ummm... we do that too.

I know that we've lined up trips on one side and a TE on the other then handed the ball off...

And if your DBs can't fight off the blocks of the #3 & #4 WRs - because that's who's out there to make the D go nickle or dime - then get new ones.
Or another obvious manipulation (especially with Casey at FB now). Line up in a standard I formation then motion both RB's out so now two receiving threats have to be covered by LB's.

80tothezone

Veteran
Cut blocking is done on every level of football. It is an Sentiments way to block and anyone who wines about it is a walking female organ. IMHO as long as you stay within the rules nothing is dirty

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

You mean like what the Oilers used to always do during the run & shoot days?
That was when I was a young kid and I never liked them anyway.

Ummm... we do that too.

I'm sure they do but it's not 1/3rd of the gameplan or the ONLY running play the Texans employ. And the thing about fighting off blocks....I mean the D was shutting Addai down pretty well and....They.....Kept.....Doing it.....It wasn't fooling, it wasn't working and I didn't appreciate it. It's like playing someone on Madden who continually calls passes and let's the play go until he can just run with the QB for a chunk of yards OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and then they're losing so they quit in the 2nd quarter. It's bogus.

yeah, the natives know this strategy as "creating a mismatch".
They weren't even doing that though. They had 15 attempts for 64 yards on the ground, I'd wager at least 10, maybe 12 of them were the play I described/despised. It wasn't even getting them a couple easy first downs.

Or another obvious manipulation (especially with Casey at FB now). Line up in a standard I formation then motion both RB's out so now two receiving threats have to be covered by LB's.
Yeah but I like that one hahaha....