Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2011   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Hey Guys I Didn't Know

The Texans have two new players Shane Cody and JJ Watts.
Old 09-12-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Guys I Didn't Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The Texans have two new players Shane Cody and JJ Watts.
Been reading the Chomical again? I hear there's a clam"bake" going on over there.
Old 09-12-2011   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard Dan Marino malaprop those names.
Old 09-12-2011   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Heard Dan Marino malaprop those names.
Yep.
Old 09-12-2011   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

All-time list:

Shane Cody
JJ Watts
MARE-RIO Williams
Daniel Owens/Owen Daniel
Kevin Walters
Matt Schwab/Shaub
De-MECKO Ryans
Adrian Foster

Any others?
Old 09-12-2011   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
All-time list:

Shane Cody
JJ Watts
MARE-RIO Williams
Daniel Owens/Owen Daniel
Kevin Walters
Matt Schwab/Shaub
De-MECKO Ryans
Adrian Foster

Any others?
Do you have links to these or are you just having fun?
Old 09-12-2011   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
All-time list:

Shane Cody
JJ Watts
MARE-RIO Williams
Daniel Owens/Owen Daniel
Kevin Walters
Matt Schwab/Shaub
De-MECKO Ryans
Adrian Foster

Any others?
You forgot

Grover Quinnnnnn
Brian Cushingssss
Conner Barwinssss
Old 09-12-2011   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Just going by what I remember these guys being called by the media, fans, etc.

Example:

Remember when Dan Fouts called Demeco Ryans "De-MECKO"?
Old 09-12-2011   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

With the internet today you should at least look up names.
Old 09-12-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No link, but YES, they happened!!
Old 09-12-2011   #11
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans need to make it easy on the announcers, sports reporters and fans.

Set a standard. S or no S. Pick one. Double letters or not. Pick one

Consistency, that is what we need.
Old 09-12-2011   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Andrew Johnson. This one I didn't hear or read from the media, but from someone I knew who was trying to talk football at work. I wonder what 'Dre would think if someone called him Andrew Johnson. Lol.
Old 09-12-2011   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Andrew Johnson. This one I didn't hear or read from the media, but from someone I knew who was trying to talk football at work. I wonder what 'Dre would think if someone called him Andrew Johnson. Lol.
He would beat the F out of Innegan. That's what.
Old 09-12-2011   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
He would beat the F out of Innegan. That's what.
If Nnegan doesn't watch it, Negan could soon run out of letters. Egan is kind of an ass though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #15
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
If Nnegan doesn't watch it, Negan could soon run out of letters. Egan is kind of an ass though.
That's a lot of eff beat out of one person. I doubt he could cover a Brownie zoned in on a cookie sale. This makes me extremely happy.
Old 09-12-2011   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a lot of eff beat out of one person. I doubt he could cover a Brownie zoned in on a cookie sale. This makes me extremely happy.
Yeah, Gan's not doing good lately. An was hoping Fisher would stick around, but no luck for N.

Quote:
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 09-13-2011   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Not Texan related but as a hispanic male, I can't for the life of me understand why the media insist on mispronouncing Mark Sanchez' name. It's pronounced with an ON sound not ANNE sound. I could understand if he had a hispanic name with a rolling r or even if there was one of those n with the squiggly mark over it. But it doesn't and it can't be really that hard to say S-on-chez!

To be honest I blame Mark Sanchez for that. He should correct people.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Not Texan related but as a hispanic male, I can't for the life of me understand why the media insist on mispronouncing Mark Sanchez' name. It's pronounced with an ON sound not ANNE sound. I could understand if he had a hispanic name with a rolling r or even if there was one of those n with the squiggly mark over it. But it doesn't and it can't be really that hard to say S-on-chez!

To be honest I blame Mark Sanchez for that. He should correct people.
Honestly it's a northern (or maybe just non-border-state) thing... everybody pronounces "Sanchez" with the -anne- sound up here.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2011   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 65936 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen anybody mention Demario Williams.

The good news is that even within the sports media, there's probably not anyone stupid enough to call him Olbmario Williams.
Old 09-13-2011   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I haven't seen anybody mention Demario Williams.

The good news is that even within the sports media, there's probably not anyone stupid enough to call him Olbmario Williams.
*plants seed in FOX announcer's head*

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read