Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2011   #1
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Watchin the Fins: Our next victim

Watching the game tonite to get a read on our next victim in our 2011 NFL Domination Tour.
I don't pay that much attention to these guys, so everyone chime in and give some advice and points of view.
They should have a decent D, but I have no idea what to expect out of them on O. Is Reggie Bust gonna be even more of a in the wildcat? Brandon Marshall should be a good test of our secondary.
Old 09-12-2011   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Watchin the Fins: Our next victim

I'm obviously out of the loop. I thought Fergie was a fat redheaded British Princess of some sort. Who is this somewhat hot blonde?
Old 09-12-2011   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

They have a strong secondary. LBs aren't too shabby either.

Gonna be tough to account for Marshall and Bush. Lots of pressure on Henne and Sparano to open up the offense a bit, so I expect them to do relatively decently. Davone Bess is a nice possession receiver. Gets a lot of receptions. Gonna have to account for him too. Hartline is also not too shabby.

I really don't think the Dolphins are as bad as advertised. It's really all on Henne.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #4
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really like Henne, I think he can be shaken easily so we'll see.
Also if Bush can handle the load at RB...but don't know much about the fins either it's said they have some exotic stuff planned for offense...

Edit: Also...I got Bush on my auction draft for the cheap...so i'm going for the Fins today!
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Damn...looking good on the 1st drive.
Old 09-12-2011   #6
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm obviously out of the loop. I thought Fergie was a fat redheaded British Princess of some sort. Who is this somewhat hot blonde?
That was the Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas

not the British one; aka Sarah Ferguson
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That was the Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas

not the British one; aka Sarah Ferguson
Like I said...definitely out of the loop...If it ain't old country or the Mighty Met, I probably aint listenin to it.
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2011   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Damn. I hope our LB's and S's are in shape. This could be a rough game.
Old 09-12-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm... the 'Fins just walked right down the field on the Pats.
Runs up the middle. Isolating Bush on their LBs....
No wildcat trickeration.

Let's see what their defense looks like.
Old 09-12-2011   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Hmmm... the 'Fins just walked right down the field on the Pats.
Runs up the middle. Isolating Bush on their LBs....
No wildcat trickeration.

Let's see what their defense looks like.
Looking good for the Texans so far.
Old 09-12-2011   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Looking good for the Texans so far.
Yep, I like our odds in a shoot out with the 'Fins.
Old 09-12-2011   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

They never did a good replay of the long reception on the 1st drive. That catch looked out of bounds.
Old 09-12-2011   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Lots of dinkin and dunkin from the fish. I like the Texans chances against a pass happy offense featuring Chad Henne as their QB.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #14
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Pass defense looks pretty bad right now. Guys are wide open, could just be they are against the Pats and Brady though.
Old 09-12-2011   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Pass defense looks pretty bad right now. Guys are wide open, could just be they are against the Pats and Brady though.
Not a knock against you, but when people realize that our O is elite and can make good pass defenses look bad (like NE is doing now), the better you'll feel.
Old 09-12-2011   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
They never did a good replay of the long reception on the 1st drive. That catch looked out of bounds.
They did as part of a highlight montage after the 'Fins punted - it was a helluva catch.
Old 09-12-2011   #17
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady carving them up. Fins secondary is better than this.

BUT, if the New England O is doing this, then I feel confident that we can too. We're both top 5 offenses.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Damn, the 'Fins dropped EIGHT into coverage and Brady still burned them
Old 09-12-2011   #19
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Not a knock against you, but when people realize that our O is elite and can make good pass defenses look bad (like NE is doing now), the better you'll feel.
You're right, but some of those passes are because of Brady. There was just one play where he hit the window perfectly. A moment later that guy is covered by the safety, but Brady drops the ball in there perfectly...don't see Schaub doing that as good as he is.
Old 09-12-2011   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
They did as part of a highlight montage after the 'Fins punted - it was a helluva catch.
In that case, yes it was. The more I watch, the better I like our chances. They can pick their poison: play the run or the bootleg. Either one will burn them as bad as the other.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read