Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2011   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I hate that commercial

Where Mark "friggin" Sanchez tosses a ball out of Reliant stadium.

F that.

F Mark Sanchez.

F Rex Ryan and his Gary Busey teeth.

F the Jets.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: I hate that commercial

It was incomplete anyways... out of the endzone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #3
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even remember what the commercial is for because I start ranting about it so much I quit watching it.....
Old 09-11-2011   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Why couldn't he throw it out of his own endzone? Oh yeah...it's really the Giants endzone.
Schaub could do that except he doesn't have one of them there lazer-rocket-cannon arms and he looks like droopy dawg about to fall asleep.
Old 09-11-2011   #5
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

he should have a 200 arm strength rating in madden
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #6
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

It's just a commercial... doesn't bother me at all.. Hell Houston had to agree to it I would think....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #7
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

That was the only way Houston would end up in the commercial.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2011   #8
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
It's just a commercial... doesn't bother me at all.. Hell Houston had to agree to it I would think....
Well then you sir, need a little hometown pride. Harkening back to the Game 1 ass whooping the Texans LET the Jets give them isn't an awesome sentiment for most. This isn't the first time it's happened either, there was an iPad commercial or something that showed the Texans getting beat for a TD by the Colts....I HATE THAT CRAP!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Well then you sir, need a little hometown pride. Harkening back to the Game 1 ass whooping the Texans LET the Jets give them isn't an awesome sentiment for most. This isn't the first time it's happened either, there was an iPad commercial or something that showed the Texans getting beat for a TD by the Colts....I HATE THAT CRAP!!!!!
Excuse me, you are telling me I need a little hometown pride? Who the heck are you to tell me that!! Why would/should that bother me?? He was throwing a ball OUT OF Reliant stadium.. YES, OUT OF Reliant Stadium, not a 50 yard pass for a TD, not a game winner to the corner of the endzone.. but a pass OUT OF the stadium.. As for the iPad thing, that was showing a PLAY, this was not..
Damn, there are a lot of you that let minor things bother them too damn much.
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If we'd stop providing a wealth of material for commercials where the Texans get beat then this would cease to be a problem.

Just saying.
Old 09-12-2011   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone remember the commercial a few years that showed the Texans with only one offensive lineman? I don't remember what it was for but they had an overhead shot and edited the video to make it seem like it was a center and QB and nothing else. Was a lot worse than this one as far as making us look bad.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked this commercial, personally. Showed the stadium looking nice
Old 09-12-2011   #13
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Me too. I don't like that an overrated qb is basically the star. I mean you could've used P. Manning, Brady, Ryan, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Brees, Vick, Rivers or even Eli Manning. All of these guys have done more. But I guess if you really need a pretty boy Sanchez is your man, err boy.
Old 09-12-2011   #14
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Excuse me, you are telling me I need a little hometown pride? Who the heck are you to tell me that!! Why would/should that bother me?? He was throwing a ball OUT OF Reliant stadium.. YES, OUT OF Reliant Stadium, not a 50 yard pass for a TD, not a game winner to the corner of the endzone.. but a pass OUT OF the stadium.. As for the iPad thing, that was showing a PLAY, this was not..
Damn, there are a lot of you that let minor things bother them too damn much.
Yeah. It should because it's a dig at Houston for letting the wonder boy have his way a few years back.

It might be a little thing, I can handle that criticism. At least I'm not mad about the Texans "only" winning by 30 instead of running up the score in the 1st game of the year.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If we'd stop providing a wealth of material for commercials where the Texans get beat then this would cease to be a problem.

Just saying.
F'show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Me too. I don't like that an overrated qb is basically the star. I mean you could've used P. Manning, Brady, Ryan, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Brees, Vick, Rivers or even Eli Manning. All of these guys have done more. But I guess if you really need a pretty boy Sanchez is your man, err boy.
F'real.
Old 09-12-2011   #15
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I do too. Something about turning the sound all the way up when the football's in the air can scare the shit out of people.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Plus you got to admit that the commercial highlights Sanchez accuracy problem in a way that makes it hard to ignore.
Old 09-12-2011   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Plus you got to admit that the commercial highlights Sanchez accuracy problem in a way that makes it hard to ignore.
Though he can hit a barn from more than 10 paces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #18
TimeKiller

Quote:
Winner!
Old 09-15-2011   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396588 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I finally saw this commercial last night...and not sure what to think.

Did the Texans have to agree to the use of Reliant? And why Reliant when the Jets play in an open-air stadium? Is it because our passing D was so terrible last year? The Jets win over us with late game plays? WHY??

I'm not upset, though. Just curious. Our payback will be the Jets missing the playoffs while the Texans clinch the division.
Old 09-15-2011   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

commercial didn't phase me one bit..

Texans are the one that needs to start walking the walk and start winning after 10 years. Then people will shut up

the OL commercial before the 2003 draft (I believe that was the year).. well truth hurt.

Reggie Bush "thanks for all the teams passing over me" .. that one bugged me more at the time..

DB ..about McNair.. we all know he is cheap and needs money so he approved the commercial to show reliant

other than that.. screw Rex Ryan and the Jets.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read