Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2011   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default And How Many Points Did The Texans Score in the Second Half?

Does this not bother anyone?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: And How Many Points Did The Texans Score in the Second Half?

Who gives a shit?
Old 09-11-2011   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, it does. It reminds me of how the offense only played for only one half in most of the games last year.

But, they won. So I figure I'll let it go. We got the Steelers, Saints and Ravens in 3 of our next five games. We'll know more then.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #4
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Nope

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Had they only led 21-0 and hung on to win 21-17, it might have bothered me. But unlike previous Texans games where Kubes calls off the dogs and loses all the momentum, I felt this game was more or less out of reach by the time I noticed the dogs were being called off.

As I'd mentioned in another thread, what concerns about the tendency of Kubiak to let up, to take the boot off the throat of the opponents and not go for the kill, is that once the Texans lose momentum in a game they had been dominating, they have trouble "turning it on" again if the game gets closer and they need to regain that momentum they lost.

This game was never close enough for me to worry about losing it. But it does concern me that we may see more of the same from Kubiak teams in games that are a bit closer, where letting up too soon could cost them the game. I think we've seen a few games like that and those are the losses that hurt the most.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Fire Kubiak" if they win 48-7 and a top starter gets hurt, right?

There is a MAJOR issue in this fan base.
Old 09-11-2011   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Similar thread here, I posted the following there, it applies here as well.

*LINK*
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-11-2011   #8
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

Thanks for saving me the time of posting this exact message - verbatim.

Sadly, these same people will try and tell you every team's fans are like this, when in fact, they are not.

PS - repped for truth
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If there's one thing that's bad business in the NFL, it's running up the score against a division opponent. That's bad juju. I don't know why people are concerned with this so much.
Old 09-11-2011   #10
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this deserve to be a new thread? Really? You couldn't say this in any other plethora of threads going on?

I'm just tired of seeing this trend of posting new threads so everyone can see you make your point (singular). But hey, maybe that's just me.

Carry on.

Last edited by VTexan; 09-11-2011 at 06:30 PM.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #11
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, doesn't bother me at all.

If the game was EVER close, then yes... i'd be concerned. But it wasn't! Texans played the 2nd half correctly to WIN the game.

It would have been nice to run the ball even though they knew it was coming... but we were down to our 3rd string RB who was scared to fumble again.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #12
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

It's classic Kubiak.

Unlike our first half sputters last season, this wasn't blatant incompetence but designed conservatism. Kubiak lets off with a big lead. We know this. Anyone who watches this team could predict little to no scoring in the second half. It's how we roll.

If anything concerns me in the second half, it was the turnovers.
Old 09-11-2011   #13
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

You lose. He left the top starters in the whole game. At least Schaub and Johnson should have sat out the last 14 minutes. "Fire Kubiak" if we go another season with an offense that can only score in one half of a game. (Of course sitting on a 34 point lead is better than the usual not quite being able to dig out of a 28 point hole.)
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #14
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

And how many points did the Texans score in the first half? And the Colts?

It wasn't exactly crunch-time for the Texans offense in the 2nd half, add to it the dumbed down approach...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Yes. It bothers me.

If the plan was to call off the dogs, then the entire first team should have come off the field and been replaced with second teamers.

The first team should have been just as methodical and unstoppable in the second half. But they weren't.

And why is that? If it's because they relaxed, that's unacceptable. They shouldn't relax for a single play while they're on the field.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
If there's one thing that's bad business in the NFL, it's running up the score against a division opponent. That's bad juju. I don't know why people are concerned with this so much.
very very true.
Old 09-11-2011   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If the team is going to pick only one half to play offense, I'd rather it be the first half.
Old 09-11-2011   #18
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
You lose. He left the top starters in the whole game. At least Schaub and Johnson should have sat out the last 14 minutes. "Fire Kubiak" if we go another season with an offense that can only score in one half of a game. (Of course sitting on a 34 point lead is better than the usual not quite being able to dig out of a 28 point hole.)
Literally made no sense. It was 34-0.

I didn't lose. Texans won. I know it hurt to see the Texans win today man.
Old 09-11-2011   #19
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71024 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
IF we hadnt had a 34 point lead than yes, but Kubes was conservative as hell in the 2nd half. If we woulda came out slinging the ball and AJ had gotten hurt we'd all be calling for his head. Let it be we won by 27 points.
Old 09-11-2011   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are holding on to the ball I don't have a problem but Tate coughed it up and Schaub threw his bi-annual pick to Brackett in the middle. That's what upsets me.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read