Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I'm over it...

The Texans went up huge on the Colts. Sage comes in and lays an epic egg that forever warped the minds of texans fans. The Rosencopter image was burned in to my memory. :vincepalm: After today I'm over it. Texans kicked arse in every faze of the game. Thank you Wade, Thank you Kubes!!!!

We ended on a very bad note, offensively...

Not too happy about this game, and no we did not kick ass in every phase of the game.
Did we watch the same game? Dude you are one hell of a hard guy to please. That was dominance. I hope my sarcasm meter is off cuz that was good stuff.

Showtime100

Got JJ?

Not too happy about this game, and no we did not kick ass in every phase of the game.

We were obviously trying to run the score up a bit more, but failed to do so after the Colts morals were at the lowest point of the game. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy
Give me a break

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
even the TV crews said they werent impressed and that we should of scored more points after half time. Really we went WAY conservative what do you expect with a 34 point lead. Get over it people. We had a solid Win AJ looked good, Our D looked NOT "bad". Although i will say this I was not very impressed with Our secondary again and was not impressed with JoJo.

BUT we did win big and i expect it will only get better from here.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
even the TV crews said they werent impressed and that we should of scored more points after half time. Really we went WAY conservative what do you expect with a 34 point lead. Get over it people. We had a solid Win AJ looked good, Our D looked NOT "bad". Although i will say this I was not very impressed with Our secondary again and was not impressed with JoJo.

That's just how Gary rolls. I thought everyone understood that when the Texans get a big lead (10+ points to Gary) they go into low gear. I just thought it was nice to finally have a good enough defense to get away with it.

fiasco west

All Pro
Pretty much that's how the Kubes does thing.

I wish they would have stepped on their throats but it was still domination.

Porky

Hall of Fame
For the record, I thought Joseph played well overall. Great breakup in the end zone, with a terrible call after it, but it didn't take away the play. He also had another excellent play on a running play that stuck out to me. MUCH better than anything else in our secondary, no doubt about it. As far as being pissed after this game, I don't understand that at all. :vincepalm:

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Pretty much that's how the Kubes does thing.

I wish they would have stepped on their throats but it was still domination.
one more TD to make it 41 points. I just wanted to beat the colts that bad after all these years of abuse. Still a nice win but i wanted some 2nd half points.

Hey everybody you need to recognize that Kubes got off the gas somewhere in the second quarter and it was still a blowout. I really don't understand how you can't be happy about this win.

Bull Pen 1

All Pro

We were obviously trying to run the score up a bit more, but failed to do so after the Colts morals were at the lowest point of the game. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy

It is a great first half!!!!!

Again what happened to the offense the second halt, 0 points. Hopefully the offense play a complete game next week, (two halves) and in the future.

Will it be another only one half team again this year. Until we prove it thru weeks 4 thru 8, I'll then be impressed.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Hey everybody you need to recognize that Kubes got off the gas somewhere in the second quarter and it was still a blowout. I really don't understand how you can't be happy about this win.
would rather it be a close game ;) winning that big at half time make for a "boring" 2nd half :)

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
The only thing I wasn't impressed with today is Matt Schaub. He threw two interceptions and another two that could have been. The defense likely would have had a shutout without Ben Tate's fumble.

ESAD2-14

Veteran
Perhaps Kubiac said F--- it & wanted to see if his defense would hold it's ground, which they did. I was happy as hell to see our D keep the lead safe.

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
I'm over R-copter. However, I did not like M. S.'s high passes and turnovers. I just don't know what he saw with one pass where there were 2 colt defenders ready to pick him off.
I did not like Tate's turnover which prevented a shutout and gave Kerry Collins a positive note to hang his hat on.
Our d was much improved and overall I was pleased on that side of the ball.

Finally, We needed to score at least 10 points in the 2nd half.

Overall, I'm glad we had no injuries and won the game more or less convincingly.:scarygirl:

Hervoyel

BUENO!
The only thing I wasn't impressed with today is Matt Schaub. He threw two interceptions and another two that could have been. The defense likely would have had a shutout without Ben Tate's fumble.

I genuinely believe that Matt threw one interception today and that Andre Johnson was responsible for the other. AJ IS incredible but he's not infallible and every once in a while he screws up. When Andre Johnson gets both hands on a football the only place it should go after that is pulled tight next to his chest.

I hang that first interception on AJ like 70% and Schaub 30%.

That's how I see it. You can always tell when AJ feels like he screwed up. He turns his game up a notch and starts catching everything in sight. He kind of did that today after that first interception.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
I genuinely believe that Matt threw one interception today and that Andre Johnson was responsible for the other. AJ IS incredible but he's not infallible and every once in a while he screws up. When Andre Johnson gets both hands on a football the only place it should go after that is pulled tight next to his chest.

That's how I see it. You can always tell when AJ feels like he screwed up. He turns his game up a notch and starts catching everything in sight. He kind of did that today after that first interception.
Believe me: it wasn't just the interceptions. He had way too many of his passes tipped for my liking. Even the AJ touchdown was tipped. There was another one that got tipped at the line of scrimmage that Owen Daniels ended up knocking down that could have easily been picked. I'm not worried about it, Schaub just didn't impress me today.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Schaub hung that pass high and behind Andre. It took a superstar type athlete like Johnson to get a finger on that ball. Schaub can't make that type of crappy throw against a good team. Today, his two picks were meaningless.

jtexas

Waterboy

i would say our defense looked a little sloppy at the end, but some second string was out there and we were up 34-0. Offensively we ran the ball 3 downs and controlled the clock, so yes another NFL team should stop it when they know its coming.

badboy

Hall of Fame
This was a great game to build player and fan confidence and give areas for the coaches to work on without it costing a W. The INTs by Schaub and the fumble by Tate were harmless and both should benefit. I was happy to see Gary put Tate back in the game.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Schaub hung that pass high and behind Andre. It took a superstar type athlete like Johnson to get a finger on that ball. Schaub can't make that type of crappy throw against a good team. Today, his two picks were meaningless.
High yes, behind..... a bit maybe. Behind it's "optimal" point but as the picture shows it was entirely catchable.

Superstar athletes might have only gotten a finger on it but AJ had it in his hands. I've watched that over and over again and it just got there a moment before AJ was ready for it. It went through his hands.

Most of the time AJ catches that and everybody's happy. This time he didn't.
When he doesn't most of the time it hits the grass. Today it didn't.
It happens.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

If you can't be pleased by a 27 point win in the NFL, then I doubt you can be pleased.

80tothezone

Veteran

Yen.... u can do that with a 34 pt lead.... if they had scored again I would expected Kubes to drop it into gear again ...as it was 27 pts is a madden sized ass woopen

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

80tothezone

Veteran
It is a great first half!!!!!

Again what happened to the offense the second halt, 0 points. Hopefully the offense play a complete game next week, (two halves) and in the future.

Will it be another only one half team again this year. Until we prove it thru weeks 4 thru 8, I'll then be impressed.
The big difference I see is that this was not a matter of us choking the O that we ran was not designed to put up points (2nd half). If we has choked and let em get back in it then o would be worried but we didn't so....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

I guess you missed the replay of the Manning personal foul where it clearly shows J-Jo with great coverage and knocking the ball out ..... before the Manning phantom penalty.

GP

Go Texans!
I guess you missed the replay of the Manning personal foul where it clearly shows J-Jo with great coverage and knocking the ball out ..... before the Manning phantom penalty.
Agreed.

Other than J-Jo biting hard on the Garcon Slant-And-Go play, where Garcon was overthrown by Collins (preventing the easy TD opportunity), I felt we were never really in trouble in the secondary.

There was a period of time in the 2nd half, when our pass rush was not getting to Collins, that Collins began clicking and getting the ball down the field. However, it looked (to me, at least) as if the whole defense had been purposefully "toned down" for some reason...or the guys sort of coasted out there on their own???

Because after that little lull by the whole defense, we saw the series of events where Collie almost catches a TD in the back of the end zone...and right after that, IIRC, is when Mario nails Collins and the fumble happens and that's all she wrote! It was like our defense was in a fog there for awhile.

I also have to wonder if there was also some "adrenaline dump" going on with our defense in the second half. You see MMA fighters who come into the fight and they are screaming, getting amp'd up right before the fight, and then they go out there and gas out and get beaten by a much calmer opponent. Sometimes, when it's the Colts especially, or another rival, you wonder if the adrenaline high is being followed by a crash of sorts.

Because the Colts felt like the 2nd half was a new ballgame for them, and the Texans acted almost a bit disinterested in even trying to stop them. Then, as I said before, the switch was flipped and all systems were "GO!" again.

Like a few others have said, "It gives Wade Phillips something to climb their asses about this week," which is good to get them re-focused on the Dolphins next week. We'll be facing The Ultimate Decoy (Reggie Bush) again, btw.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Agreed.

Other than J-Jo biting hard on the Garcon Slant-And-Go play, where Garcon was overthrown by Collins (preventing the easy TD opportunity), I felt we were never really in trouble in the secondary.
That was a hell of a move by Garcon .....

There was a period of time in the 2nd half, when our pass rush was not getting to Collins, that Collins began clicking and getting the ball down the field. However, it looked (to me, at least) as if the whole defense had been purposefully "toned down" for some reason...or the guys sort of coasted out there on their own???

Because after that little lull by the whole defense, we saw the series of events where Collie almost catches a TD in the back of the end zone...and right after that, IIRC, is when Mario nails Collins and the fumble happens and that's all she wrote! It was like our defense was in a fog there for awhile.

I also have to wonder if there was also some "adrenaline dump" going on with our defense in the second half. You see MMA fighters who come into the fight and they are screaming, getting amp'd up right before the fight, and then they go out there and gas out and get beaten by a much calmer opponent. Sometimes, when it's the Colts especially, or another rival, you wonder if the adrenaline high is being followed by a crash of sorts.

Because the Colts felt like the 2nd half was a new ballgame for them, and the Texans acted almost a bit disinterested in even trying to stop them. Then, as I said before, the switch was flipped and all systems were "GO!" again.

Like a few others have said, "It gives Wade Phillips something to climb their asses about this week," which is good to get them re-focused on the Dolphins next week. We'll be facing The Ultimate Decoy (Reggie Bush) again, btw.
Most of the second half they played with the safeties very deep .... with soft zones. It was definately toned down from the first half ass whoopin they handed the Dolts.
I think that was more by design to make the Dolts eat up clock just as the Texans offense was designed to do in the second half ....This game was over at the end of the 1st quarter.