Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2011   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Just Shut The Haters Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
If Kevin Walter ever goes down we are f--ked.
I hate to tell you this.
Old 09-11-2011   #22
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I hate to tell you this.
Lucky, yep, just saw that. Hopefully, that's just a rumor. Jacoby will have me biting my nails all year if we have to rely on him behind 'Dre.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #23
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He will have a chance to shut the haters up for an extended period.
Old 09-11-2011   #24
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
He will have a chance to shut the haters up for an extended period.
Good. I hope he does. It's on him, now. Time to rise.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #25
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Today, he looked like what we all hoped he would look like all along. After today, he will have his training wheels taken from him and be expected to take over big boy shoes permanently. Here's hoping he takes today's game through to the Saints and beyond.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #26
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Today, he looked like what we all hoped he would look like all along. After today, he will have his training wheels taken from him and be expected to take over big boy shoes permanently. Here's hoping he takes today's game through to the Saints and beyond.
I sure hope so Doc.

Go JJ!!!
Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #27
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The value Jacoby brings to the Texans FAR
EXCEED what David Anderson would have brought.

Just thought y'all should know that.
Yeah I agree JJ is much better than Anderson but JJ is still a diva and he hates contact. If he knows he is about to be hit he loses focus and will not usually catch the ball and when he does catch a open pass he heads to the sidelines to avoid getting hit. I'm a little disappointed in JJ since when he did score a TD he didn't dance. He is the best endzone dancer on the team..lol
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2011   #28
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

It was never JJ's speed or athletic ability that were in question. It has always been his hands. He once told the Sirius Sports he could catch a BB in the dark, but that is why he has a glass eye.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #29
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 4027 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm anti-JJ, due to his track record of inconsistency rather than anything relating to his upside or his talent. I really think his "boneheadedness" is who he is and he won't be able to change. However, in the spirit of the new football season, I will continue the difficult task of trying to be positive about this year and the team's future. (if the past is an indication of the future )

JJ finally has his chance, if he steps up and stays consistent (and not consistently inconsistent) I will, ala DocBar, say I was wrong, and eat crow publically.

For the record, I don't think he will, but I really want him to.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Yeah I agree JJ is much better than Anderson but JJ is still a diva and he hates contact.
This works in Jacoby's favor when he's avoiding tacklers on the way to the end zone, for instance.

The Dolphins can't be too happy about seeing more of Jones, this Sunday. He's made big plays (70 yard punt return in '08 and 44 yard TD catch in '09) the past 2 games against Miami.

Old 09-14-2011   #31
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The value Jacoby brings to the Texans FAR
EXCEED what David Anderson would have brought.

Just thought y'all should know that.
Phew. Glad we have both now!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #32
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby played a helluva game today. Big punt return, tough catches
including that 29-yarder that was tipped. Bad hands???
Old 09-18-2011   #33
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will say that I have been pleasantly surprised with JJ so far.

He is finally playing like we all knew he could but that being said I still cringe every time that the ball goes his way (either pass or punt). Hopefully I will be able to stop this soon as he keeps getting better.
Old 09-18-2011   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby looked like a WR today.
Old 09-18-2011   #35
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He had a good game today. You'll get no complaints out of me about it. Next week we play New Orleans and no, he doesn't need to step up. He's already "up". He just needs to stay there.

Dare I hope we're finally going to get to see Jacoby Jones grow the hell up this year?
Old 09-18-2011   #36
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ has has two good games in a row now. If he can put together 3-4 more then I will jump on the Jacoby bandwagon.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #37
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was disappointed DA didn't take more looks away from JJ....

jk.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes he did play well today. I don't know of anyone who questions his hands as much as his head. He has always made some circus catches. It's the easy drops that have driven me nuts. Regardless, he seems like his head is screwed on straight now, so GO JJ!!!
Old 09-19-2011   #39
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ had a pretty good game .... But going backwards on that PR wasnt the best idea. You dont have to break one off every time , take what you can get .... and wait for the next opportunity.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011   #40
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ's problem has always been consistency. He'll make a highlight film catch but then follow that up with 2 dumb plays (fumbles, drops, retreating on punts, etc...) It's been most peoples opinion that JJ just won't grow up and that he suffers from maturity issues. If he can string together a good season instead of just 1 or 2 games then alot of people will get off his back and be on his side. Also most teams don't wait 4 yrs. for a player to develope/mature, the NFL is a business and you've got to step up and be an adult and get the job done.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read