Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-11-2011   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Just Shut The Haters Up!!

The value Jacoby brings to the Texans FAR
EXCEED what David Anderson would have brought.

Just thought y'all should know that.
Old 09-11-2011   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Just Shut The Haters Up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

I've always liked Jacoby. I think I like him even more now.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #3
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

that was a hell of a run back.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #4
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Haven't seen a return like that from Jacoby in a while. Good for him. He got his mojo back.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ needs to step up this year and I am tired of defending him. I did a thread last season picking him to go to pro bowl. Maybe it will be this year. He has skills and speed and hands look good this game. If he does well and Bryant Johnson is as good as I hope I can change my 2012 mock first round selection.
Old 09-11-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ also made a couple good receiptions. I think a nice day for JJ. Good for him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Next week, or the one after he'll give them a whole new box of ammo. That's what Jacoby does.

You should know that by now.
Old 09-11-2011   #8
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ had a great day. I just want to see him perform at this level consistently. We already knew he could perform at a pro-level, it's just a matter of him executing, which he did today. All in all, everyone did fantastically; we showed the entire NFL that we are serious.
Old 09-11-2011   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 226555 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

WTH does Jacoby have to do with David Anderson? You know they could both exist on the same roster and fill entirely different roles, right?

In other news, apple lovers just shut down the orange lovers!
Old 09-11-2011   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 161683 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea ... and Hartman showed we don't need no Maynard .
Old 09-11-2011   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
WTH does Jacoby have to do with David Anderson?
There was only one contract, and Jacoby got it.

I got sick of the threads lamenting that fact during the offseason.
Old 09-11-2011   #12
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There was only one contract, and Jacoby got it.

I got sick of the threads lamenting that fact during the offseason.
JJ deserved the contract. He has the talent to be much better than he has been the last few years. He had fewer drops today than AJ and Kevin Walter, which I don't think has ever happened before
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #13
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Next week, or the one after he'll give them a whole new box of ammo. That's what Jacoby does.

You should know that by now.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #14
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
JJ deserved the contract. He has the talent to be much better than he has been the last few years. He had fewer drops today than AJ and Kevin Walter, which I don't think has ever happened before

I might have missed it, but I saw only one pass to KW the whole game, which he caught, and then he was injured. Did I miss something? Also, has anyone heard how bad the injury was? I know it was to his shoulder.

Good game by Jacoby!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #15
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 122284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Jacoby way to play. Great return and solid game at wr. Now try to be consistent and don't revert to being a hit or miss player.

But we all know that by now.

And Wades value to the texans by far exceeds what Vic fangio and frank bush brought to the table.

Just thought y'all should know that because only a few of us have an eye keen enough to tell the diffrance.
Old 09-11-2011   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
Hey, there's not a poster here who would like to see that pattern broken more than me. He can be electrifying and an incredible weapon. He just needs to step up and do it consistently.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 09-11-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #17
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is an incredibly idiotic thread.

Sure, Jacoby had a great day, and I am super excited about his upside. But to take one game into context and say it "shut the haters up" and to rub people's face in it is pretty premature. Let's see him do this for a few games before declaring him the answer to our problems. He has NOT shut the haters up, if he keeps it up, then he certainly will.

It's like if he had a bad game today and someone came in whining about how he's crap, and will never succeed. Which, actually, has more credence to it because there's a larger pool of evidence that supports that.

But to take one good performance (and what a performance it was!) and rub people's face in it is stupid.

But like I said, hopefully he DOES indeed keep this up
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 22430 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dex, I usually agree with you, and I admit that Jacoby had somewhat of a good day, but, I'm still not convinced. He has still underperformed and I still would have gotten rid of his ass. If Kevin Walter ever goes down we are f--ked.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Dex, I usually agree with you, and I admit that Jacoby had somewhat of a good day, but, I'm still not convinced. He has still underperformed and I still would have gotten rid of his ass. If Kevin Walter ever goes down we are f--ked.

And so now "we are f--ked"

Jacoby? You There? Time to "step up" and prove that you're more than just potential and the random good game. Make Dexman proud JJ!
Old 09-11-2011   #20
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Hey, there's not a poster here who would like to see that pattern broken more than me. He can be electrifying and an incredible weapon. He just needs to step up and do it consistently.
Amen...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read