Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #401
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Baltimore traded LB Rolando McClain to the Dallas Cowboys, per source. So McClain's retirement might be over.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #402
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Bills LB Kiko Alonso tore his ACL and is expected to miss season, per source. It’s considered a seven- to nine-month recovery. Blow for BUF.

So on July 1, it already has become off-season of LB injuries: Kiko Alonso, Sean Lee, Sean Weatherspoon, Jon Beason.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #403
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Steve Palazzolo ‏@PFF_Steve
Quote:
Only 28.6% of drop-backs came against base (4 DB) defenses in the NFL in 2013
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #404
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rob Rang @RobRang · 11:59AM
Quote:
The 2014 supplemental draft will be conducted via email beginning at 1 pm ET. Breakdown of the 4 eligible prospects: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...lemental-draft

Rob Rang @RobRang · 12:03PM
Quote:
Draft started and is over with no players being selected.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #405
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Quote:
Makes 5 #Ravens arrests this offseason:
Jimmy Smith
Ray Rice
Lorenzo Taliaferro
Jah Reid
Deonte Thompson

Ugh. Becoming elite CB. RT @RavensInsider #Ravens CB Jimmy Smith arrested/charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct http://www.baltimoresun.com/bal-rave...,5657309.story
How many "arrests" do the Harbaughs have, now?
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #406
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt
Quote:
32 years ago yesterday, Bob Irsay and Carroll Rosenbloom swapped teams. Irsay got the Colts, Rosenbloom the Rams. Imagine that today.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #407
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a matter of time...........
Quote:
Greg Hardy found guilty of assaulting girlfriend
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 15, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Carolina Panthers v San Diego Chargers Getty Images

Greg Hardy didn’t get a contract today, but he did get a conviction.

According Bill Voth of Black and Blue Review, Hardy was found guilty on both counts of assault on a female and communicating threats.

Judge Becky Thorne Tin sided with the testimony provided by Hardy’s accuser during the 10-hour trial, even though Nicole Holder admitted cocaine use the night of the incident.

He was given a 60-day suspended sentence, and 18 months of probation. He’ll appeal to get to a jury trial.

The Panthers defensive end will be subject to punishment from the league under the personal conduct policy.

The Panthers used the franchise tag on him, and are hooked to his $13.1 million salary. But they obviously weren’t working on a long-term extension prior to today’s deadline, since agent Drew Rosenhaus sat with Hardy throughout the day’s proceedings.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 1 Week Ago   #408
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Didn't Kosar have some problems with alcohol in the past and fairly recently? He came in drunk to do his commentary on several occasions. And I can't remember if it was him, but didn't he hand a policeman a credit card instead of his license when he was stopped for DUI last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah I've read that he was "drunk", but not sure that's all it is.
New book "Blood Sport" alleges Bernie Kosar's slurred speech resulted from painkillers Browns gave him -- Bill Livingston
Quote:
Among them was Kosar. "After a twelve-season pro career," say the authors in a sad summary of the Browns' legend, "Kosar has stumbled through a sometimes-incoherent retirement, marred by batty behavior, bankruptcy and drunk-driving arrests."

Bosch's records indicate that Kosar was a patient and that at least one shipment of drugs was made, for which Kosar paid $600.

The authors paraphrase Cortes' view this way: "Compared to the highly addictive painkillers that NFL teams shovel at players, Cortes says Bosch's treatments were a healthier alternative."

In a direct quote, Cortes said, "We can either do this or get back on the oxy. You read the papers about Kosar, and he's a mess. He's slurring his words from the medication, from the oxy that the Browns gave him."

Withdrawal from oxycodone is considered one of the most painful ordeals a drug addict faces, with body aches much worse than the flu and a sensation of pins and needles stabbing his muscles...
Old 1 Week Ago   #409
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

A 2009 article I dug up re. Kosar.........makes me very sad.

As Bernie Kosar's life around him crumbles, the former QB's game plan is familiar: Emerge unscathed
Old 1 Week Ago   #410
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Wow, that is saddening.
Old 1 Week Ago   #411
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Titans rookie quarterback Zach Mettenberger was the victim of a "sucker punch" during an incident over the weekend at a popular Nashville nightspot, according to its owner.

Steve Ford, owner of Loser's Most Wanted Bar & Grill on Division Street, said Mettenberger did nothing to provoke another bar patron, but the 6-foot-5, 224-pound quarterback ended up getting punched in the face. He did not require medical attention...
http://www.tennessean.com/story/tita...sers/12953789/
Old 1 Week Ago   #412
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Quote:
"Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,' " Ford said on Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach.
"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."

"I know in 15 years being in the bar business, I know that everyone is trying to provoke someone who is a moving billboard. I don't care if they are country music, a rapper, football players or whatever. Everybody is trying to push somebody's buttons. It is a lawsuit jungle out there."
This is why celebs need to order room service and why I never believe the first, worse case, twitter feeds or facebook posts. There's always an a$$hole or fifty out there trying to get paid.

I wish the laws were such that such yahoos could get knocked the frack out when they try and start crap like that.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #413
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Don Banks ‏@DonBanks
Quote:
On hot day, several Giants fail to finish 1st-day non-full-pad practice, and Tom Coughlin says: "It pisses me off.'' http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/07/22/tom...-training-camp
Old 6 Days Ago   #414
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jamaal Charles ‏@jcharles25
Quote:
I had no intention on holding out...I just ran out of gas on the way to camp and my cell phone battery died. It was a long walk I tell ya.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Quote:
It’s a 2-year extension for #Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles worth $18.1M in new money, source says. Extra $5M over the next 2 years. Top 5 RB $$$
Old 6 Days Ago   #415
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde
Quote:
Murphy: Official seating capacity of @LambeauField is 80,750, second-largest in the NFL. (@MLStadium only one larger.)

Murphy says #Packers now have 112,000 names on the season-ticket waiting list.
Old 4 Days Ago   #416
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

After tearing his ACL and missing the entire 2013 season, Colts RB Vick Ballard tore his Achilles during his workout yesterday (may have been a compensatory injury to a still-rehabbing ACL). That leaves Richardson who looked terrible last year, and Bradshaw who only played 3 games last year before being IR'd for a cervical disc problem. The way things look, Luck may be running more than his RB counterparts.........running for his life, that is.
Old 1 Day Ago   #417
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://deadspin.com/peyton-manning-d...ium=socialflow

Payton dancing up a dorky dance
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #418
xtruroyaltyx
All Pro

Rep Power: 43446 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #419
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Is that his "I'm richer than ALL y'all" dance?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #420
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Is that his "I'm richer than ALL y'all" dance?
No, that would be the I'm better than all the other QBs dance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read