Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-23-2013   #241
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I don't understand the body-slam call against Kareem Jackson that cost the Texans in OT earlier in the season. I see defenders do it constantly and I never see it flagged.
Agreed.

As far as this one goes the refs have done a really poor job. Too bad there are no checks and balances in their profession.

San Francisco is in DEEP trouble all of the sudden.

EDIT: I wish this computer was near a TV. The play of the game and I'm typing old news.

San Francisco is in the playoffs.
Old 12-23-2013   #242
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Agreed.

As far as this one goes the refs have done a really poor job. Too bad there are no checks and balances in their profession.

San Francisco is in DEEP trouble all of the sudden.
And as you say that Matt Ryan throws a pick-6. Ball game.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013   #243
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
And as you say that Matt Ryan throws a pick-6. Ball game.
Yeah, See edit....lol. FML.
Old 12-23-2013   #244
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Steve Young and Keyshawn Johnson... does it get any worse?

Oh Yeah, Berman
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013   #245
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Usually, at least for the past few years, somebody will post the inevitable "I can't believe the season is almost over" thread. The thread certainly speaks to us because the NFL season really does seem to go fast forward from Week 1 to the Super Bowl.

With the Texans 2-13 going on 2-14 I've noticed no such thread this year...lol. This season is the first one I can remember that didn't go so fast.

My Christmas Bah Humbug NFL random thought for 2013.

An Oiler quote for the day: Bill Peterson addressing his first Oiler team at the opening of training camp in Kerrville.......

"Now men, I want you to be thinking about just one word. Just one. You keep this one word in your mind and we'll have a great season. I know you're a young team, but if you'll keep this one word in mind, we'll be great....................'Super Bowl'."
Old 12-29-2013   #246
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are they airing the saints v the sorry ass buccaneers instead of the packers and bears game? Dammit.
Old 12-29-2013   #247
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Usually, at least for the past few years, somebody will post the inevitable "I can't believe the season is almost over" thread. The thread certainly speaks to us because the NFL season really does seem to go fast forward from Week 1 to the Super Bowl.

With the Texans 2-13 going on 2-14 I've noticed no such thread this year...lol. This season is the first one I can remember that didn't go so fast.

My Christmas Bah Humbug NFL random thought for 2013.

An Oiler quote for the day: Bill Peterson addressing his first Oiler team at the opening of training camp in Kerrville.......

"Now men, I want you to be thinking about just one word. Just one. You keep this one word in your mind and we'll have a great season. I know you're a young team, but if you'll keep this one word in mind, we'll be great....................'Super Bowl'."

I asked myself why am I not feeling the 'it sucks the season is over' blues. The ineptitude of this texans season has me beaten down.
Old 12-30-2013   #248
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

No whistle fumble TD for the Packers...

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #249
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Reports coming in that Aaron Rodgers is gay. Sources say he had a relationship with his former male roommate.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...kers-nfl-lgbt/

http://www.sportsworldnews.com/artic...iner-video.htm

Could be a Bears fan.
Old 12-30-2013   #250
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Reports coming in that Aaron Rodgers is gay. Sources say he had a relationship with his former male roommate.

Could be a Bears fan.
I think he's in a relationship with those Daaablecheck guys.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #251
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think he's in a relationship with those Daaablecheck guys.
In Grill Class seating...

Old 12-30-2013   #252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Could be a Bears fan.
I could buy that.

Now I really feel violated the way he reamed us last year.

Honestly, I couldn't care less. He's proven to be more of a man than half the puCees who don't make it.
Old 12-31-2013   #253
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Quote:

Could be a Bears fan.
Article states his supposed lover posed in a selfy with Rodgers' Super Bowl ring. Now if the ring was not on a finger then I might believe the reports.
Old 12-31-2013   #254
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rumor mill

Anyone else hearing news that really should not be news but would be massive news about a QB who wears Green & gold?
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #255
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Default Re: Rumor mill

Statisticians reviewing Peyton Manning’s yardage record

Last edited by Playoffs; 12-31-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2013   #256
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor mill

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #257
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Quote:
[San Diego Head Coach] Mike McCoy has been in the playoffs with three different QBs the last three years -- Tim Tebow, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers.
Old 01-05-2014   #258
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Quote:
Half of weekend's 8 QBs have Texas roots. Brees and Luck advance, Dalton and Foles go home.
Old 01-05-2014   #259
Showtime100
Got AJ?

After Wild Card weekend the NFL's leading playoff rusher? Colin Kaepernick. Seven carries for 98 yards.
Old 01-05-2014   #260
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dale Robertson ‏@sportywineguy
Quote:
Half of weekend's 8 QBs have Texas roots. Brees and Luck advance, Dalton and Foles go home.
That settles it. No Bridgewater.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read