Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011   #821
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Houston Texans V Indianapolis Ponies Game Day thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Apparently, we're not allowed to bring up areas of possible improvement if we win.

I'm going to see how long that lasts.
I think you're over selling it here. Everyone knows that we had two bad plays in the second half. We all know that we need to work with Eric Winston on the false start thing. We all know there are things we need to work with.

Some of us just don't think we need a thread titled, "& how many points did we score in the second half?"

& then the reasons given in that thread about why we were so bad are ridiculous & off base.

If you really want to get into it, how many points did we score when the defense didn't put us inside their 20? Take away the 7 from ST... The offense scored 13 points all game.

That's a bigger problem than zero points in the second half.
Old 09-12-2011   #822
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Great game overall, but yes if we plan to run with the big boys there are some things to cleanup. Mainly the TO's. 3 TO's one deep in your own territory will get you beat against a good opponent 9 out of 10 times. Luckily today, we so thoroughly dominated the first half it wasn't an issue.

Also, at times the rush was not what I would like to see. Having said that, there were a number of great pass rushes that produced TO's etc. But those were mostly Mario on Clark a mismatch to be sure.

Last negative I will mention is the lack (once again) of any kind of killer instinct. We should have won this game with a score in the 40's, but Kubes not only took the foot off the gas pedal, it felt like he was driving with the emergency brake set. I grant you, it would have made ZERO difference in winning today. But it's all about a mindset, a mentality and in those tougher games you want that killer instinct, that ability to always be going 100 MPH and putting the foot on the throat. Face it, Kubes is too freaking nice.

Other than those 3 items, I give the rest of it an A+. All in all, I'm thrilled and I think we may have finally exercised those Colt demons. I believe we can now go to Indy and sweep these guys, I really do. The D is obviously vastly improved, the special teams were truly special today, and when it counted the offense moved the ball at will and other than a couple of times, they only stopped themselves. Great game. Now let's go get the Dolphins!
I agree for the most part. However, we were throwing the ball inside the Colts 10 at the start of the 4th. We would've scored over 40 if it weren't for the boneheaded pick from Schaub.

We definitely took the foot off the pedal after that drive though.

Overall, I was disappointed in the amount of TO's. To me, finishing a game like that is taking care of the ball and running it down their throats (like MJD did to us couple years ago)
Old 09-12-2011   #823
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell of a smackdown yesterday and way to open the season!

Pumped for next week, can't come soon enough...

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #824
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Cody was again - in the game. They didn't run a lot, but it was over 4ypc with addai.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read