Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2011   #21
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dutchrudder's Jersey Order Extravaganza!

I'll get with the Mrs tonight (The "Minister of Finance" at my castle, I'm just the king) and get you a Paypal sent out this evening. Sounds like a plan. If these show up and we're all happy I might jump in on another order the next time if you've got room (I think if there are other people who want to go next at that time take them first).
Old 09-12-2011   #22
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'll get with the Mrs tonight (The "Minister of Finance" at my castle, I'm just the king) and get you a Paypal sent out this evening. Sounds like a plan. If these show up and we're all happy I might jump in on another order the next time if you've got room (I think if there are other people who want to go next at that time take them first).
No problem. Disaacks said he will send his later this week, so hopefully we can get it ordered by this weekend. I have no idea how long the shipping takes though. This order is just a trial run for me to work out the kinks in the process, and I expect to do more and turn it into a fundraiser for TTalk donations
Old 09-13-2011   #23
JGarza #70
Superbowl 2012

Section: Sec 121 Loud and Proud
Rep Power: 1000 JGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation Re: Dutchrudder's Jersey Order Extravaganza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
No problem. Disaacks said he will send his later this week, so hopefully we can get it ordered by this weekend. I have no idea how long the shipping takes though. This order is just a trial run for me to work out the kinks in the process, and I expect to do more and turn it into a fundraiser for TTalk donations
Even thought I got trashed on my thread. I want to give you guys a heads up. just let all you buyers know that it is possible that customs tags your package coming in and you will have to pay addtl taxes on your jerseys.. last year it happened several time to me. you will have to pick up the package at the post office i do 10 jerseys at a time orders and was taxed like 110-130 to recieve the package.. like a said just a heads up..

Go Texans!!
JGarza #70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGarza #70 View Post
Even thought I got trashed on my thread. I want to give you guys a heads up. just let all you buyers know that it is possible that customs tags your package coming in and you will have to pay addtl taxes on your jerseys.. last year it happened several time to me. you will have to pick up the package at the post office i do 10 jerseys at a time orders and was taxed like 110-130 to recieve the package.. like a said just a heads up..

Go Texans!!

Should something like this happen I'll of course be willing to pay whatever the additional charge is for my jerseys. It's only fair if they cost more I'll have to pay more.
Old 09-13-2011   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go Texans!!
Oh damn. That's lame. Stupid customs agents... Well, do they always stop the deliveries or just a few?
Old 09-13-2011   #26
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh damn. That's lame. Stupid customs agents... Well, do they always stop the deliveries or just a few?
From what I've heard, it's hit-an-miss. It strongly depends on how the package is labeled. If it says "NFL Jerseys", rather than "consumer goods", it's definitely going to get stopped.
Old 09-13-2011   #27
JGarza #70
Superbowl 2012

Section: Sec 121 Loud and Proud
Rep Power: 1000 JGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respectedJGarza #70 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i have not been able to tell.. but i did get hit alot last yr.. but didnt get hit on my first one for this season.. anyway.. good luck! it hurts when you have to go and get the package and have to pay again..
JGarza #70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2011   #28
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd probably be down for 2 or 3 jersey's on the next order if room is available.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #29
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
i have not been able to tell.. but i did get hit alot last yr.. but didnt get hit on my first one for this season.. anyway.. good luck! it hurts when you have to go and get the package and have to pay again..
Ah, well I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 09-13-2011   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
I'd probably be down for 2 or 3 jersey's on the next order if room is available.
Yeah, I don't think I'll have much of a limit on the next order, and if you're in for 2 I'll have at least 10 requests. I have some friends who want a couple EPL soccer jerseys too, so I'm going to add them to the order. My girlfriend wants to get a Cushing jersey and a Pettite Astros jersey, but she wants to wait and see what the sizes look like before ordering one. Sadly the women's selections are rather low.
Old 09-13-2011   #31
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Dutchrudder's Jersey Order Extravaganza!

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I'll have much of a limit on the next order, and if you're in for 2 I'll have at least 10 requests. I have some friends who want a couple EPL soccer jerseys too, so I'm going to add them to the order. My girlfriend wants to get a Cushing jersey and a Pettite Astros jersey, but she wants to wait and see what the sizes look like before ordering one. Sadly the women's selections are rather low.
I'll likely be in for 4. What I've been told ius that Garza is right, order 10 at a time or less is best.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #32
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I'll likely be in for 4. What I've been told ius that Garza is right, order 10 at a time or less is best.
Hmmm, OK, I'll take my Ryan jersey out of the order then to make an even 10. I'll get it on the next go around or two. Not like I'll be going to any Astros games for a while anyways...

See, this is what I meant by working out all the kinks on the first order
Old 09-13-2011   #33
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Random question, does anyone with experience dealing with purchase have a preferred method of payment? As I understand it Western Union and Paypal will charge you money for the conversions, and you may incur charges for using Visa or Mastercard. Any suggestions?
Old 09-13-2011   #34
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you know if youth sizes are available?
Old 09-13-2011   #35
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Do you know if youth sizes are available?
Yes actually there is a whole section under NFL for youth jerseys:
http://www.jerseysnfljerseys.name/nf...-c-16_110.html
Old 09-13-2011   #36
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Quote:
Random question, does anyone with experience dealing with purchase have a preferred method of payment? As I understand it Western Union and Paypal will charge you money for the conversions, and you may incur charges for using Visa or Mastercard. Any suggestions?
I'm no help here. I'd likely stay with Paypal simply out of ignorance. Somebody has to have an educated opinion on this though.
Old 09-13-2011   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I believe they can simply transfer money to you for free. Just give them your email address associated with your paypal account.

Setting up a bill on paypal will cost money.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #38
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I believe they can simply transfer money to you for free. Just give them your email address associated with your paypal account.

Setting up a bill on paypal will cost money.
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking at here. However, they offer 10% off the order if I use Western Union, which saves $25 off 10 jerseys, but costs $14 in fees. So net $11 in savings, not too bad. I'm just concerned about the payment going through and not getting "lost"
Old 09-13-2011   #39
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking at here. However, they offer 10% off the order if I use Western Union, which saves $25 off 10 jerseys, but costs $14 in fees. So net $11 in savings, not too bad. I'm just concerned about the payment going through and not getting "lost"
Western Union is great if you're trying to get $$ to someone you KNOW (and they survive on massive fees). I prefer the fraud prevention with Paypal, even if the savings is lessened.
Old 09-13-2011   #40
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be wary of sending something Western Union overseas...cough...craigslist...cough
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read