Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-10-2011   #1
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vikes Give Peterson $100 Million

According to ESPN, the Vikings have agreed upon a long term contract extension with running back Adrian Peterson. It's a 7 year deal worth $96 million with escalators that could push the deal to $100 million.

The main reason I post this is because of the implications it could have when it comes to Aryan Foster's contract. He must be happy about this deal, but also at the same time frustrated at the possibility that his hamstring issue could lead to him receiving less money. Rick Smith will have a dilemma on his hand if Foster plays 15 or 16 games this season (plus playoff games hopefully) and repeats his performance from last season. I'm wary about giving any running back that much money. Is Aryan Foster a $100 million running back for the Houston Texans? I don't know honestly. If this hamstring problem lingers, I don't see the Texans giving him a 6 or 7 year deal. They will more than likely keep it in the range of 3 to 4 years with a lot of incentives built into the contract.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...al-source-says

Last edited by Nawzer; 09-10-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #2
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Vikes Give Peterson $100 Million

If Arian were to receive a contract today i'd guess it'd be somewhere in the range of 8 million a year. I think it could go up if he has a near repeat performance and could probably max at 10-11 million.
Old 09-10-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What did cj2k just get?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #4
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 31037 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
According to ESPN, the Vikings have agree upon a long term contract extension with running back Adrian Peterson. It's a 7 a year deal worth $96 million with escalators that could push the deal to $100 million.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/69...al-source-says
WWWAHHHHH!!!! WWWAAHHH!!! NO FAIR! I'M UNDERPAID! I DEMAND ANOTHER NEW CONTRACT!!!!
Sincerely,
Chris Johnson
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #5
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
WWWAHHHHH!!!! WWWAAHHH!!! NO FAIR! I'M UNDERPAID! I DEMAND ANOTHER NEW CONTRACT!!!!
Sincerely,
Chris Johnson
It's only a matter of time we see a situation like that. I predict sooner rather than later.
Old 09-11-2011   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Arian is pretty well aware that if he demands the sun and the moon AND the stars he'll be asking someone besides Bob McNair. If he does well again, he'll get a contract that's full of money that makes the team's cap manageable. If he takes it, he'll be a hero. If he bails, we'll let Ben Tate run for 116 and less
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
What did cj2k just get?
That's CJ24 now.

After gaining 24 yards, that's all the nickname he deserves.
Old 09-12-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's CJ24 now.

After gaining 24 yards, that's all the nickname he deserves.
Yeah, I said that mostly jokingly.

Honestly, I don't think he's all that. Very fast, but his lateral agility leaves a lot to be desired. Not a banger.

He takes good angles once he gets going, and his vision once he gets past the d line is pretty good.

But give him a crease and he can house it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #9
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93054 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I think Arian is pretty well aware that if he demands the sun and the moon AND the stars he'll be asking someone besides Bob McNair. If he does well again, he'll get a contract that's full of money that makes the team's cap manageable. If he takes it, he'll be a hero. If he bails, we'll let Ben Tate run for 116 and less
If the Texans believe Arian is a one-year-wonder system back, then there is no way he is getting that money. Especially when you have Tate and Ward who are nearly as talented.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a hard time giving ANY running back 100 million.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read