Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-23-2005   #1
Koruptified
Rookie

Default protection

How are you guys planning on handling the OLT issue? Wasn't Carr in dire need of protection in order to be sure he excelled? None of the top ones are left. Luckily, and I thank God for this, Kalif Barnes was there for the Jags in the second round, so we can be sure to get good protection for Leftwich.

Plus, the Matt Jones pick is looking better every minute to me. I've been watching a ton of clips and this man has talent.

When do you guys pick next? 4th round?
Koruptified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

3rd round we pick..

IMO we need help in the middle (center) than LT.. I can't remember the last time I saw a picture perfect pocket surrounding Carr where he can step up to avoid a rush.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #3
rdbrem
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
3rd round we pick..

IMO we need help in the middle (center) than LT.. I can't remember the last time I saw a picture perfect pocket surrounding Carr where he can step up to avoid a rush.
Last time he had a picture perfect pocket was preseason against a bunch of guys who didn't make it. Hope we pick up somebody, though maybe CC has a plan that doesn't involve the draft.
rdbrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
3rd round we pick..
IMO we need help in the middle (center)
You got it man. Should be high expectation that we take a center or guard
to atleast add reserve to our line and then prepare for starting in a year or two. Center would be the ideal as you'd expect he could play either position.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005   #5
bigcarlos
Veteran

We pass on DJ to get a 3rd rounder NEXT YEAR. Our 2nd and 3rd draft picks have been TERRIBLE. Instead of getting starters we have drafted busts in those rounds.

He needs to start packing his bags and Dom and Palmer shouldn't be too far behind. I was thinking playoffs this year, but it doesn't look like it will happen. We need to clean house.
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read