Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-10-2011   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ward ready if Foster is out for Texans

Quote:
Houston Texans star running back Arian Foster is officially questionable on the injury report for the season opener Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.

Foster didn't practice all week and Derrick Ward will start with Ben Tate backing him up.
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=5774015&fhn=1
Quote:
If Arian Foster can’t play Sunday against the Texans, Gary Kubiak confirmed Derrick Ward will start and Ben Tate will get mixed into the backfield. Even Steve Slaton should see some action.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...out-for-texans

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #2
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ward ready if Foster is out for Texans

Just win damn it!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Just win damn it!
LOL, the pressure on Kubes is mounting.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #4
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am officially unconcerned about not having Foster in the lineup. If we can't beat the Colts with Ward/Tate then we just pretty much officially suck.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #5
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

^^^ Exactly. Sit Foster and let him rest. Ward/Tate will do well and the defense will carry the team if the running game can't get going. The game shouldn't be close either way.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #6
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Ward ready if Foster is out for Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
I am officially unconcerned about not having Foster in the lineup. If we can't beat the Colts with Ward/Tate then we just pretty much officially suck.
I won't say I'm unconcerned, but other than that I pretty much agree with this. Last year, we had to run all day to control the clock & keep Manning off the field. We should throw more this year, too. I'm not expecting a shutout, but we should be able to get to sack Collins a few times.
Old 09-10-2011   #7
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
If Ron Dayne can gash the Colts D I have no doubts about the ability of Ward and Tate to be able to do so. Sit Foster.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I remember we beat the Rusty led Titans last season, and lost to the Kerry Collins version of the same test.

We are better on defense, I believe that. But the whole team just got better around Kerry Collins.
Old 09-10-2011   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75697 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
If Ron Dayne can gash the Colts D I have no doubts about the ability of Ward and Tate to be able to do so. Sit Foster.
Well, Dayne didn't exactly "gash" the Colts, but he did burn clock, keep the ball, and get us a win.

Ward/Tate/Slaton will "gash" the Colts. Manning is out, but I still say we pound the rock on that D.

Old 09-10-2011   #10
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, Dayne didn't exactly "gash" the Colts, but he did burn clock, keep the ball, and get us a win.

Ward/Tate/Slaton will "gash" the Colts. Manning is out, but I still say we pound the rock on that D.
If I remember correctly, he actually did gash them pretty bad.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Only 153 yards worth of gashing. Of course that was 5 years ago.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #12
brad77
Rookie

Section: Sec 350 Row E
Rep Power: 275 brad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no doubt that our Running game will be in good hands with Tate/ Ward. I liked the production we got out of these guys during the preseason.
brad77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Ward may be starting but it will be Ben Tate's coming out party!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I think that's what we'll see as well. Ben Tate looked quick as well as strong during the PS. I don't see the running game taking too big of a hit in terms of production.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I certainly hope so! I've decided to play him instead of J. Addai on my ff team! Bettin our D shuts down the Colts running game!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I certainly hope so! I've decided to play him instead of J. Addai on my ff team! Bettin our D shuts down the Colts running game!
Texans run D has looked pretty bad in preseason. I don't think we shut down their run game. I like our improved pass rush but I am skeptical about our run d.
Old 09-10-2011   #17
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 148479 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I remember we beat the Rusty led Titans last season, and lost to the Kerry Collins version of the same test.

We are better on defense, I believe that. But the whole team just got better around Kerry Collins.
Don't believe it for a minute. KC doesn't play defense and the Colts' D (while giving up less yards) gave up 49 more points (~3/gm) and 12 more rushing yards a game than the aforementioned Titans.
Old 09-10-2011   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Only 153 yards worth of gashing. Of course that was 5 years ago.
Well, OK, but I think he did it with 3 yds. a carry all day long and we passed very little. Then we get a last second FG for the win. It was HUGE beating them for the first time and it was all about the run game--gotta say that.

Anybody wonder if Ward or Tate might actually beat Foster's one game record? What is Indy going to do on offense? If they go 3 and out a lot and we just keep pounding it with a lead, who knows?

Old 09-10-2011   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

just us him for some Key running plays

in the 3rd and 4th quater take him out for the grind it out runs when we are hopefully up by 30 points
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391709 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Well, OK, but I think he did it with 3 yds. a carry all day long and we passed very little.
Dayne had 32 carries at 4.8 ypc. Taylor had 8 carries at 3 ypc. We passed 23 times.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read