Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2011   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Films Colts at Texans Preview

So pumped and ready for this year!

Watch Here
Old 09-08-2011   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: NFL Films Colts at Texans Preview

I agree with NFL FIlms. Without Foster Houston has a low scoring offense.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Havens seen enough of Tate, but ward is not close to foster in talent level.

I think the running game can flourish without foster against the colts, but foster is a tremendous player.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Love how modest the Texans website is:

"If....blah, blah....the Texans could squeak out a low-scoring victory."

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Manningless Colts. If we can't beat this team, we need to remix the kool-aid.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #6
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Joke preview... squeak out a low scoring victory????!!!!! If we get a victory Sunday... it will be far from low scoring.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Manningless Colts. If we can't beat this team, we need to remix the kool-aid.
Yeah, re-mix it with some Antifreeze in it.
Old 09-09-2011   #8
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 351 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not to get all technical on you, but NFL Network is not the same as NFL Films.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

That piece crashed and burned with "low scoring victory."

This is the Texas we're talking about, idiots. The Texans are not a low scoring team. It wouldn't shock me if we put 30 points on the board.

Fail.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Obligatory Debbie Downer post:

The Colts will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. This is Freeney, Mathis, and the rest of the defense's shot to show they're just as important to the Colts' past success as the Peyton. This is their shot - because the whole NFL will be watching to see who they are w/o Peyton - to show that they are MORE than just him.

So, if I'm Caldwell, I have my defense come out geared and primed to stop our running game first and double Andre Johnson second. Then dare Schaub (Mr. Pick-Six in big games) to beat them with Kevin Walter and Jacoby (maybe I'll catch it, maybe I won't) Jones in the air or with Ward and Tate carrying the mail. Do we know how effective they'll be without the benefit of Arian having already pummelled the defense into silly putty for the first quarter or two?

My Koolaid must be wearing off because I can see a few ways we lose this game and most have nothing to do with Kubiak.

/Obligatory Debbie Downer post
Old 09-09-2011   #11
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Roll cover to Andre, double team. One back. Owen. Walter/ jj on the other. Owen in the middle with a lb changes things, eventually they have to lick their poison. Or drop a wr add Casey for motioning out. A lot more than doubling Andre, as that dosent even shut him down.

iPhoned, sorry for any errors
Old 09-09-2011   #12
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Roll cover to Andre, double team. One back. Owen. Walter/ jj on the other. Owen in the middle with a lb changes things, eventually they have to lick their poison. Or drop a wr add Casey for motioning out. A lot more than doubling Andre, as that dosent even shut him down.

iPhoned, sorry for any errors
I didn't say I believed it.... But as an engineer its my job to imagine how things can go horribly wrong and do what I can to prevent them or at least prepare for them.

...I try to keep those logic centers locked away...
...but sometimes I just can't turn that part of my brain off when I leave work
Old 09-09-2011   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

wanna beat the Colts, do EXACTLY what you did last year when you beat a 100% healthy Manning, run the damn ball down their throats. Colts cannot stop the run, never have and never will.

If Foster sits, Ward and Tate are more than enough to take care of the job. Even Slaton, yes THAT Slaton, could be a huge contributor to the run game on Sunday.

Use that formula, doesn't matter who QB's the Colts, Texans win...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #14
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Obligatory Debbie Downer post:

The Colts will be playing with a chip on their shoulder. This is Freeney, Mathis, and the rest of the defense's shot to show they're just as important to the Colts' past success as the Peyton. This is their shot - because the whole NFL will be watching to see who they are w/o Peyton - to show that they are MORE than just him.

So, if I'm Caldwell, I have my defense come out geared and primed to stop our running game first and double Andre Johnson second. Then dare Schaub (Mr. Pick-Six in big games) to beat them with Kevin Walter and Jacoby (maybe I'll catch it, maybe I won't) Jones in the air or with Ward and Tate carrying the mail. Do we know how effective they'll be without the benefit of Arian having already pummelled the defense into silly putty for the first quarter or two?

My Koolaid must be wearing off because I can see a few ways we lose this game and most have nothing to do with Kubiak.

/Obligatory Debbie Downer post

a team in the colts situation is probably more likely to come out deflated than with a chip on their shoulder. losing a giant like manning, a guy who the whole team has been built around, is akin to a loss of direction. unless jim caldwell is a master motivator and we don't know it... we'll see what happens, but somehow i don't get the feeling the colts are going to be much of a "nobody believes in us" type of team.

/colts jump out to 21-0 first quarter lead and i eat my words
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read