Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2011   #1
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Schaub is now in even more danger

Manning is out....that is a given.....
But we still have a game to play. Colts are doing that "Next Man Up" now with Collins. They are going to rally around him.
They will do anything to try and knock Schuab out of the game. Hell, I bet they go back and look at the Viking game a couple of years ago and see how Jared Allen knocked Schaub out the game. You know they are going to try anything to get him out of the game.
If I am on the Texan Offensive Line....better be ready for blitzes and more blitzes......Colts are going to try even more now do it and get to Schaub because they have NOTHING TO LOSE. They are going to put it all out there.

Maybe I am crazy on saying this...but the only way they even have a chance is to get our starting qb out of the game. Freeney and Mathis are going to be going crazy trying to get him knocked out.

That being said...I am sure our offensive line knows this and will be prepared....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #2
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub is now in even more danger

I'm just relieved that this wasn't an injury report for one of our O linemen. [/HeartPalpitations]
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #3
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

So it'll be no different than any other game...I don't think that will be our downfall (if there is one).

I'm a little (very little) more concerned about their offense rallying around Collins and making our D look stupid. Again, I'm not really concerned about it and I think we'll be okay but, this is more of a concern.

As long as the team doesn't go in expecting to win, without a fight, it will be another opening day win!
Old 09-08-2011   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
But we still have a game to play. Colts are doing that "Next Man Up" now with Collins. They are going to rally around him.
They will do anything to try and knock Schuab out of the game. Hell, I bet they go back and look at the Viking game a couple of years ago and see how Jared Allen knocked Schaub out the game. You know they are going to try anything to get him out of the game.
If I am on the Texan Offensive Line....better be ready for blitzes and more blitzes......Colts are going to try even more now do it and get to Schaub because they have NOTHING TO LOSE. They are going to put it all out there.

Maybe I am crazy on saying this...but the only way they even have a chance is to get our starting qb out of the game. Freeney and Mathis are going to be going crazy trying to get him knocked out.

That being said...I am sure our offensive line knows this and will be prepared....
Sounds about right
Old 09-08-2011   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post

What the Colts would want to do, and what they are capable of doing, are worlds apart.......especially, since now, they will have THEIR D on the field most of the game........becoming more and more worn down and tattered as the game goes on.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #6
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the NFL passed that rule after the Jared Allen hit on Schaub a couple of years ago about hitting below the knees...but in the heat of battle players will do anything to get a advantage and worry about the consequences later....I think they would be desperate enough to do ......
Old 09-08-2011   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 09-08-2011   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 104065 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What the Colts would want to do, and what they are capable of doing, are worlds apart.......especially, since now, they will have THEIR D on the field most of the game........becoming more and more worn down and tattered as the game goes on.
Remember how exhausted the Ravens looked in the 4th quarter last year? AS long as the Texans can run the ball, I'm not overly concerned about a pass rush.
Old 09-08-2011   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

They take out our QB, we'll take out theirs. They take out Hot Tub Boy, we'll take out who ever is their frigging 2nd stringer. Eventually both benches will clear and after the big fight in the middle of the field, two officials will be seriously hurt. The Colts and the Texans are put on probation and have no playoffs this season.

McNair, in a fit of rage that has been building for years, fires everyone on his staff including all the coaches and trades away the entire team for draft choices in the 2012 draft. We end up with the number one pick in the draft, and the new coach takes QB Hiram Carr (David Carr's little brother). McNair drops dead of a heart attack on the spot. McNair's son then turns around and sell the Texans to the LA Sports Authority for billions, and we are right back where we started when the Oilers left town.

So.....time for coffee now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #10
rush2112mn
All Pro

Thumbs down Re: Schaub is now in even more danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Remember how exhausted the Ravens looked in the 4th quarter last year? AS long as the Texans can run the ball, I'm not overly concerned about a pass rush.
Thats true...but I would not be surprised if they tried to hit on a run play as well....They want him out of the game.....they will not care how...just try and knock him out...plain and simple.....

I would not be surprised if the Colts got late hit penalties/ personal foul either.....

That being said....I think our offensive line has really gelled well and is now one of our strengths.....where in the past it was one of our weaknesses. Those guys are all on the same page and that is one of the areas on our team that we can all count on.
Old 09-08-2011   #11
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
They take out our QB, we'll take out theirs. They take out Hot Tub Boy, we'll take out who ever is their frigging 2nd stringer. Eventually both benches will clear and after the big fight in the middle of the field, two officials will be seriously hurt. The Colts and the Texans are put on probation and have no playoffs this season.

McNair, in a fit of rage that has been building for years, fires everyone on his staff including all the coaches and trades away the entire team for draft choices in the 2012 draft. We end up with the number one pick in the draft, and the new coach takes QB Hiram Carr (David Carr's little brother). McNair drops dead of a heart attack on the spot. McNair's son then turns around and sell the Texans to the LA Sports Authority for billions, and we are right back where we started when the Oilers left town.

Not to mention the Mayan Calendar comes into play... we're doomed!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
So it'll be no different than any other game...I don't think that will be our downfall (if there is one).

I'm a little (very little) more concerned about their offense rallying around Collins and making our D look stupid. Again, I'm not really concerned about it and I think we'll be okay but, this is more of a concern.

As long as the team doesn't go in expecting to win, without a fight, it will be another opening day win!
This^
Old 09-08-2011   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I'll trade you in for a draft pick. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha! This thread is hilarious.

Fires across Texas! - Schaub is now in even more danger!

9/11 Anniversary! - Schaub is now in even more danger!

Giant Tortoise escapes from zoo! - Schaub is now in even more danger!

I think we can keep this going. Any photoshop peeps care to add?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

LOOK OUT MATT!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #17
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Bam!

Shove that up your Freenie!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe since Peyton isn't playing we should sit out schaub.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Maybe since Peyton isn't playing we should sit out schaub.
I wouldn't go that far.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #20
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe since Peyton isn't playing we should sit our starters.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read