Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-07-2011   #1
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Should we sit Foster knowing Manning is out?

Now that we know for sure Manning is out, do we sit Foster for an extra week? I vote yes, reason being is we have several other weapons to beat the Colts with without Manning.

We are like Bon Jovi fans right now. You pay to see them and if Jon Bon Jovi (aka Manning) doesn't show, you're pissed. Richie Sambora (Foster) doesn't show, ehh, still getting your moneys worth.
Old 09-07-2011   #2
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should we sit Foster knowing Manning is out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Now that we know for sure Manning is out, do we sit Foster for an extra week? I vote yes, reason being is we have several other weapons to beat the Colts with without Manning.

We are like Bon Jovi fans right now. You pay to see them and if Jon Bon Jovi (aka Manning) doesn't show, you're pissed. Richie Sambora (Foster) doesn't show, ehh, still getting your moneys worth.
I disagree. I drafted him in my FFL and I cant afford to lose this week.............
Old 09-07-2011   #3
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Rep Power: 13195 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I disagree. I drafted him in my FFL and I cant afford to lose this week.............
HA! And I have Peyton
Old 09-07-2011   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't base my decision on whether or not Manning is playing.

If he is healthy enough to play and doesn't need additional rest, play him. And vice versa.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

If there is any hesitation from the medical staff whether Foster is ready to go, sit him. The season is a marathon not a sprint. Do not put him back on the field until the doctors have no doubts.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
If there is any hesitation from the medical staff whether Foster is ready to go, sit him. The season is a marathon not a sprint. Do not put him back on the field until the doctors have no doubts.
Exactly. If we can't beat a Manningless Colts team with Ward at Tate at RB, and the rest of our offense intact, then we've got problems.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #7
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This should be the plan whether Peyton is healthy or not.
Old 09-07-2011   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
^^^ This.

If there's even a niggling thought in the back of ONE guy's brain that MAYBE he needs a little more rest, we should sit Arian and let him heal up a little bit more.

And Peyton has nothing to do with that decision.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #9
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3101 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

If he tweaks it again he is likely out for a month or longer. He needs to get back to no doubt full status. It isn't like our second best guy is ron dayne. We have some depth and can hold down the fort till he gets back. Even if he misses Week 2 we will be fine.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #10
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't base my decision on whether or not Manning is playing.

If he is healthy enough to play and doesn't need additional rest, play him. And vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
This should be the plan whether Peyton is healthy or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
^^^ This.

If there's even a niggling thought in the back of ONE guy's brain that MAYBE he needs a little more rest, we should sit Arian and let him heal up a little bit more.

And Peyton has nothing to do with that decision.
What they said.
Old 09-07-2011   #11
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What they said.
Don't give me that foot tap! LOL I'm not even going to lie, if Peyton was in, there would be a little place deep down that would want Foster to play.

It's a division game, we need to win. Our odds went up a LOT w/o #18 starting.
Old 09-07-2011   #12
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 848 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's ready to go he plays, if he's not at least 95% he sits. If this game was in Indy, I'd want him to play more but this being a home game, I'd sit him if he's not ready. They'll probably need him more in the next 5 weeks than this one.

Having said that, the Colts are a veteran and playoff tested team. I don't think they're going to lay down for us by any means especially with EVERYONE writing them off. They'd like nothing more than to knock us off in week 1.
Old 09-07-2011   #13
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39734 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he can play, let him play.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

A player gets paid to play so let him play if he is ready and he wants to play.
Old 09-07-2011   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Play him and limit carries.
Old 09-07-2011   #16
foo82
Veteran

Rep Power: 2648 foo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respectedfoo82 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say sit him out at the start and see how we do. If our offense is failing and we need to establish our run game, let him have a few carries in the second quarter.
foo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
I say sit him out at the start and see how we do. If our offense is failing and we need to establish our run game, let him have a few carries in the second quarter.
LOL.

Yeah. Anybody remember the Raider's game last year? He gets sat for most of the first half and then comes out in the second half and EXPLODES!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And give him sodium pentathol before examining him!!!
Old 09-07-2011   #19
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the deal: the guy didn't practice today and was still rehabbing.. the game is in four days... that's cutting it close...

BUT, I would suit him up, just not start him... if things aren't looking good come third quarter, or if things get bad/too close for comfort in the 4th, dude is getting in... As long as we do not need the guy in there, he should not be in there with this injury... But at the same time, the Texans don't have Foster on the team so he can remain healthy here, they have Foster on the team so he can help them win games, bottom line...

If his help is not needed, he doesn't touch the rock... he for sure doesn't start...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #20
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And give him sodium pentathol before examining him!!!
Woh, woh, woh, hold on there, is sodium pentathol considered a PED? We don't need a pregnant running back on the team for goodness sake.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read