Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-08-2011   #41
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 135090 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

Well, the heat ought to REALLY be on now for winning the division. The forehead is likely done for the season.
Old 09-09-2011   #42
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

Never underestimate Kubiak's ability to ****** up a free lunch.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #43
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, in Denver, when ever Gary walked into the room, he was the smartest guy there. I think he is learning ( the hard way) that at the HC level, these boys are just as smart and maybe some are touch smarter than you are. He seems to be getting the handle on how to play within himself, and that is a good thing.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #44
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
IMO, in Denver, when ever Gary walked into the room, he was the smartest guy there. I think he is learning ( the hard way) that at the HC level, these boys are just as smart and maybe some are touch smarter than you are. He seems to be getting the handle on how to play within himself, and that is a good thing.
IIRC, there is an article that talks about how Wade's experience and the way that he carried himself rubbed off on Kubiak. I truly hope all the boneheaded things that he's done can just be chalked up to inexperience. Damn, this Kool-Aid is delicious!

House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011   #45
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
IIRC, there is an article that talks about how Wade's experience and the way that he carried himself rubbed off on Kubiak. I truly hope all the boneheaded things that he's done can just be chalked up to inexperience. Damn, this Kool-Aid is delicious!

Until you find out someone slipped in some floorsies for a bonding experience.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #46
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So keep your nose in that menu, Gary. Continue to stay as far away as possible from the players and coaches. In other words, continue to do what you do best. They've got this. Just sit back and enjoy it.
Once again, Gary was about 30-35 yards away from the rest of the team on most plays. This once bothered me. Now, I'm totally in favor of Kubiak's positioning on the sideline.

Keep reading the menu and talking on the headset. Heck, go upstairs if you think you can get a better vantage point. Let the competent coaches you have on staff deal with the players. It's working. Less is more.
Old 09-16-2011   #47
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Until you find out someone slipped in some floorsies for a bonding experience.
When someone gives you a Jeffrey, you stroke the furry wall.
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2011   #48
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 87913 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #49
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I dont get the popcorn eating chick.....

....on another note, Im tired of everyone assuming this is a given win. This is the NFL fellas, nothing is given to us. Yes Kerry Collins is old. Yes he cant move in the pocket. Yes he is 0-8 vs. Wade Phillips led defenses BUT this is the colts. There are more players on their team that can cause issues here.

Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Addai (sometimes) and dont forget our favorite, Dalls Clark.

Guys, I feel extremely confident about winning this game but the title of this thread seems to put the assumption out there that we are guaranteed victory UNLESS Kubiak screws it up or a complete meltdown happens.

Is the possibility of the colts being better than us out there? (Not saying they are at all, just showing the flaw here)

Havent you learned that nothing is guaranteed when you are a Texans fan?

BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.......I'M A
TEXANS CHICKEN!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #50
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

bump

I think we can do a progress survey at this point in the season.
Old 10-17-2011   #51
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd say it looks like he's trying really hard.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #52
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak can't ____ this up. He can't. There's too much competency in the coaching staff. There's too much talent on both sides of the ball. There's too little competition within the division. This team is Kubiak-proof.
Good lord, I'm an idi0t.
Old 10-17-2011   #53
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good lord, I'm an idi0t.
It's okay, brother. We're all suckers here. Just consider TexansTalk your recovery/support group.

My name is TexansFanatic and I'm a sucker fan of the Texans.

Hi, TexansFanatic.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #54
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good lord, I'm an idi0t.

THATS SOME GOOD STUFF THEIR PARTNER.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #55
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good lord, I'm an idi0t.
Don't be so hard on yourself, I felt the same way, though all hope is not lost...yet.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good lord, I'm an idi0t.
Me too

Thanks for pulling off that big Lloyd trade. I mean we just signed a 50 yr old Derrick Mason. We wouldn't want to cut JJ for oh you know a guy that has a clue how to run a route properly and can do that thing I've heard WR's are supposed to do. CATCH the BALL.

Kinda important things for the kids to be able to do dont you think Rick/Gary.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #57
gg no re
iggnorent

So far, it looks like despite Kubiak's modest efforts, the Texans have been sailing the seas fairly well.

However, in light of recent events, I would like to say that I do not consider the temporary loss of Schaub to exempt Kubiak from any ____ing ups that may cost us the division title, and playoff berths if any.
Old 11-14-2011   #58
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If the ****ups are coaching related, then definitely not.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #59
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still going with 10-6 or it takes a very unlikely playoff win to keep Kubiak.

I wouldn't be that hard on him in this situation, but I saw last year...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011   #60
gg no re
iggnorent

Congratulations, Gary Wayne Kubiak.

Despite an array of some really good ass excuses sitting in your holster, you did not interject your magic into this team, and our Texans not only made the playoffs but won the division crown.

I deem this thread invalid for the rest of the 2011 season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read