Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2011   #21
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I agree that we shouldn't be looking at this game as a gimme, but it's gonna be interesting to see how those receivers look with a mere mortal throwing the ball.
The biggest thing Kubiak could do to screw it up is to forget the week 1 recipe this year like he did in the second game last year. Feed the ball to the RB's and let them do their thing. Hopefully McNair made Kubiak give his red flags to the DC and OC.
I think we'll see that Collie, Garcon, and probably Addai will be non-existent but Wayne and Clark will get theirs.
Old 09-06-2011   #22
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I dig this. How can I make this my avatar?

Rep coming your way.
take it to imageshack to resize.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #23
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think we'll see that Collie, Garcon, and probably Addai will be non-existent but Wayne and Clark will get theirs.
I agree with this, but I don't think "theirs" will be in much smaller portions, especially early in the season. My gut tells me that a: Manning is probably out for the year and b: I'm hungry, but it's too late to eat.
Old 09-06-2011   #24
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I just keep watching the arm squish...

mm, good eye.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Oh, ye of little faith. I believe in the man. I think he has innate talent. He could **** up a challenge call, goal line play call, or entire second half strategy by over thinking it
Fixed.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
...and dont forget our favorite, Dalls Clark.

There is absolutely no reason this guy should ever get off the line clean. He's going to be their primary weapon. Whatever LB is over him, Barwin/Mario/Reed need to knock the crap out of him before rushing the QB. Then Cushing, Demeco, Quin, or Manning should pick him up.

I know it's going to take away their chances of making a sack, but it will increase the chances of someone else making a sack.
Old 09-07-2011   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Oh, ye of little faith. I believe in the man. I think he has innate talent. He could **** up a challenge call, goal line play call, or entire second half strategy without even really thinking about it.
If we get an early lead, expect really conservative playcalling to ensue. Kubiak either believes in protecting a lead, even if it's three points, or has some inner misguided noble desire not to be perceived as running up a score. Either way, he has always lacked the so-called "killer instinct" the past five seasons, and that is what most winning coaches need to finish games.

Maybe Wade's influence as DC will change all that and we can actually protect a small lead with our defense. That would certainly complement Kubiak's past tendencies.
Old 09-07-2011   #28
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If we get an early lead, expect really conservative playcalling to ensue. Kubiak either believes in protecting a lead, even if it's three points, or has some inner misguided noble desire not to be perceived as running up a score. Either way, he has always lacked the so-called "killer instinct" the past five seasons, and that is what most winning coaches need to finish games.

Maybe Wade's influence as DC will change all that and we can actually protect a small lead with our defense. That would certainly complement Kubiak's past tendencies.
Remember the Raiders game last year? That should have been 45-14. Kubes sat on that lead.
Old 09-07-2011   #29
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If anybody can blow a layup Gary can.
Lol. Yep.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #30
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
If Kubiak can find a way NOT to win this NFC West-like division. He will go down in the HOF of Head Coaching duds.
I think it's still possible that Kubiak will get us within 8 games of an 8-8 record this year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #31
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak can't ____ this up. He can't. There's too much competency in the coaching staff. There's too much talent on both sides of the ball. There's too little competition within the division. This team is Kubiak-proof.

So keep your nose in that menu, Gary. Continue to stay as far away as possible from the players and coaches. In other words, continue to do what you do best. They've got this. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Old 09-07-2011   #32
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Kubiak can't ____ this up. He can't. There's too much competency in the coaching staff. There's too much talent on both sides of the ball. There's too little competition within the division. This team is Kubiak-proof.

So keep your nose in that menu, Gary. Continue to stay as far away as possible from the players and coaches. In other words, continue to do what you do best. They've got this. Just sit back and enjoy it.

What if it turned out that Gary Kubiak is actually a Kid?
Old 09-07-2011   #33
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
And your point is?
Old 09-07-2011   #34
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And your point is?
It's a play on Kubiak's overuse of the term "kid", such as "the kids are working hard", "He's a great kid", "No one's more disappointed than these kids", etc., and the photo where Kubiak goes goat on his playsheet.

I thought it was funny, anyway.
Old 09-07-2011   #35
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not gonna yell at Kubiak this year, unless he makes me (again). I'm kinda in the blind squirrel will find his nut this season groove...this season almost has that Emperor may have found his clothing look and feel to it. Kubiak has a bit more of an in-control feel to him this season for some reason. Probably because Wade was shoved down his throat after his buddy hires didn't pan out, and this is his last tango...but I digress.

In the past he was always confident, but in a fidgety, poor body language sorta way. This season Kubiak will have a more diverse offense, a more aggressive defense, and someone who is at least his equal as a coordinator on the other side of the ball (for the first time). I think he is gonna win one for the kids this season.

God himself could not sink this ship!
- Unknown Titanic crewmember to embarking passenger, Mrs Sylvia Caldwell.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #36
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It's a play on Kubiak's overuse of the term "kid", such as "the kids are working hard", "He's a great kid", "No one's more disappointed than these kids", etc., and the photo where Kubiak goes goat on his playsheet.

I see, said the blind man.
Old 09-08-2011   #37
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:

I thought it was funny that when Wade was on the radio after a practice he referred to the players as kids several times as well. Don't know if he has previously done that or picked it up.
Old 09-08-2011   #38
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm not gonna yell at Kubiak this year, unless he makes me (again). I'm kinda in the blind squirrel will find his nut this season groove...this season almost has that Emperor may have found his clothing look and feel to it. Kubiak has a bit more of an in-control feel to him this season for some reason. Probably because Wade was shoved down his throat after his buddy hires didn't pan out, and this is his last tango...but I digress.

In the past he was always confident, but in a fidgety, poor body language sorta way. This season Kubiak will have a more diverse offense, a more aggressive defense, and someone who is at least his equal as a coordinator on the other side of the ball (for the first time). I think he is gonna win one for the kids this season.

God himself could not sink this ship!
- Unknown Titanic crewmember to embarking passenger, Mrs Sylvia Caldwell.
Lol. Yep. I have always said that behind the stoic facade was a nervous nelly. When the pressure is on Kubiak is CLEARLY affected.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #39
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NOM NOM NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
lol! I dig the duality of meaning, but I'm a goat herder so what can I say...
Old 09-08-2011   #40
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4710 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Was it last season or the one before that he won the first Colts game with a run-heavy offense, and then decided that 70% pass plays would win the second?
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read