Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2011   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #3
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The official "Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard" thread

I dont get the popcorn eating chick.....

....on another note, Im tired of everyone assuming this is a given win. This is the NFL fellas, nothing is given to us. Yes Kerry Collins is old. Yes he cant move in the pocket. Yes he is 0-8 vs. Wade Phillips led defenses BUT this is the colts. There are more players on their team that can cause issues here.

Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Addai (sometimes) and dont forget our favorite, Dalls Clark.

Guys, I feel extremely confident about winning this game but the title of this thread seems to put the assumption out there that we are guaranteed victory UNLESS Kubiak screws it up or a complete meltdown happens.

Is the possibility of the colts being better than us out there? (Not saying they are at all, just showing the flaw here)

Havent you learned that nothing is guaranteed when you are a Texans fan?
Old 09-06-2011   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post

....on another note, Im tired of everyone assuming this is a given win. This is the NFL fellas, nothing is given to us. Yes Kerry Collins is old. Yes he cant move in the pocket. Yes he is 0-8 vs. Wade Phillips led defenses BUT this is the colts. There are more players on their team that can cause issues here.

Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Addai (sometimes) and dont forget our favorite, Dalls Clark.

Guys, I feel extremely confident about winning this game but the title of this thread seems to put the assumption out there that we are guaranteed victory UNLESS Kubiak screws it up or a complete meltdown happens.

Is the possibility of the colts being better than us out there? (Not saying they are at all, just showing the flaw here)

No. If the Texans lose, they will beat themselves. This game is that hanging curve right over the plate that batters pray for.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #5
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
No. If the Texans lose, they will beat themselves. This game is that hanging curve right over the plate that batters pray for.
Any given Sunday my man....

I know it may sound like Im a colts fan......which I can assure you Im not but acting like the game is already won is effing ridiculous.

Nothing is won. Nothing is lost. Dont look ahead to week 2. The fact of the matter remains that we need to act as if NO game is an automatic win because none of them are.

I truly believe that we can win every game on our schedule but even the best lose and its not always because they gave it away or blew it but rather because they got outplayed.
Old 09-06-2011   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak can do or not do all he wants, but the players ALSO have to perform.

Nothing should be taken for granted. Beat their asses. Make a statement.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It sort of implies sitting back and watching what happens.
Old 09-06-2011   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
well yeah that's the whole idea here.
Old 09-06-2011   #9
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Whats not to get! It is a chick eating popcorn.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Quote:
and that's popcorn eating SCARLETT JOHANSSON to you, mister.

Old 09-06-2011   #11
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #12
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Watching this makes me hungry...
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If anybody can blow a layup Gary can.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Any given Sunday my man....

I know it may sound like Im a colts fan......which I can assure you Im not but acting like the game is already won is effing ridiculous.

Nothing is won. Nothing is lost. Dont look ahead to week 2. The fact of the matter remains that we need to act as if NO game is an automatic win because none of them are.

I truly believe that we can win every game on our schedule but even the best lose and its not always because they gave it away or blew it but rather because they got outplayed.
I just have to act like a fan. I won't lose sleep tossing and turning worrying about how a team will perform during a football game. It is just a game. I can have whatever expectations I feel like having.

It is the team, the players and coaches, that have to worry about preparation for the opponent not me.

In the end, what I say about a game or how I manage my expectations will have nothing, zero, zip ,nada affect on the outcome of it.

I love the game of football on all levels of play. I watch my teams. I cheer them on. But win or lose, it is just a game. That is all it is. My existence, life circumstances or behavior will not be affected by the outcome of it. What is effing ridiculous is people getting worked up over what the media says about their team or worrying that fans are over confident. Puhhhleasse!

There are more important things in life other than the outcome of a game. Win or lose I will still be here and I won't cry over the damn result.

/post
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
"Kubiak can't ____ this up unless he tries really hard"
Oh, ye of little faith. I believe in the man. I think he has innate talent. He could **** up a challenge call, goal line play call, or entire second half strategy without even really thinking about it.
Old 09-06-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 60434 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree that we shouldn't be looking at this game as a gimme, but it's gonna be interesting to see how those receivers look with a mere mortal throwing the ball.
The biggest thing Kubiak could do to screw it up is to forget the week 1 recipe this year like he did in the second game last year. Feed the ball to the RB's and let them do their thing. Hopefully McNair made Kubiak give his red flags to the DC and OC.
Old 09-06-2011   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
Watching this makes me hungry...
I just keep watching the arm squish...

As far as the thread...it could be about the season. Jags cut Gerrard and seem to be a mess. Colts have Manning injuries. Titans dangerous but who knows. Things seem to be aligning. With that said, I still think Kubiak is a soso if not bad coach so you never know what you are going to get in a game but if he has a shot this is set up for success.
Old 09-06-2011   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The stars are aligning and it looks like the AFC South is gonna be a weak division this year. The only team that got better in the offseason was Houston.

Tennessee is rebuilding and their franchise player just hit the practice field last week. Jacksonville just cut David Garrard in favor of a career backup and rookie QB, they are also rebuilding. Indy may have to deal with life without Peyton for significant time, and when he does get back it's not gonna be like MVP Peyton is gonna immediately appear. Indy isn't rebuilding, they are in the process of imploding.

I want to believe this is the year the Texans finally make the playoffs. The competition is way too screwed up to stop the Texans, who don't have a real Head Coach, but some damn fine coordinators!!!

If Kubiak can find a way NOT to win this NFC West-like division. He will go down in the HOF of Head Coaching duds.
Old 09-06-2011   #19
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I just keep watching the arm squish...
LOL me too
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #20
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
I dig this. How can I make this my avatar?

Rep coming your way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read