Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2011   #1
mugrakers
Rookie

Rep Power: 137 mugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respectedmugrakers is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts Forum

So I always like to go to the opponents forums during game week. I thought it was amazing to find that they actually think they are better than us straight up without even Manning. It was actually mind boggling to me. Some of them are picking to win by 10. I don't get it. What is there to like about that team without Manning?
mugrakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #2
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugrakers View Post
So I always like to go to the opponents forums during game week. I thought it was amazing to find that they actually think they are better than us straight up without even Manning. It was actually mind boggling to me. Some of them are picking to win by 10. I don't get it. What is there to like about that team without Manning?
Well given our history against them i can see where there "Homerism" is coming from. See it all the time here. I am one of them, i cant see past the red white and blue texans shades i'm always wearing. That being said they arent half the team they were without Peyton !
Old 09-06-2011   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Many of them probably don't realize how many of those offensive players are going to look far worse without Manning. The O-Line will have to protect longer and run-block more, which is not their strong-suit. The receivers will not get perfectly timed passes, extremely accurate, just when they are most open. Even the RB(s) will not face a D that is geared toward stopping the pass on every play. Everything looks different without the forehead.

As far as the D goes, welcome to Arian Foster....again...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 384747 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Time for some schooling.
Old 09-06-2011   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116344 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link to forum?

Can the mods get links to all the teams are playing this yr MB's?

I believe they've been posted in past yrs. I always enjoy the banter.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
As far as the D goes, welcome to Arian Foster....again...
If they don't have Manning, what is the point in playing Foster? Let him sit another week so we can put this hammy behind us.

Lets let Tate introduce himself to the NFL world like we did Foster last season. Tate for 200+ (hows that for blind homerism?)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
If they don't have Manning, what is the point in playing Foster? Let him sit another week so we can put this hammy behind us.

Lets let Tate introduce himself to the NFL world like we did Foster last season. Tate for 200+ (hows that for blind homerism?)
I'm fine with that. I just wasn't getting into that subject.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Meh.... They're from Indiana!
Old 09-06-2011   #9
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Meh.... They're from Indiana!
Indianoplace, Indiana.
Old 09-06-2011   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Indianoplace, Indiana.

I went over to ColtsFreak.com. I kept it civil. I will generally do that unless they have a specific smack talk forum.
Old 09-06-2011   #11
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Although the Colts fans might be slightly delusional thinking they are the better team even without Manning, I still can't believe the bravado of most of you guys here on this board. Some of you are thinking that the AFC South is going to be walk in the park and that the Colts can be easily defeated. I would like nothing better than to go 6-0 against the AFC South, but given the history of our team and the epic fails we have witnessed and experienced nothing is going to be easy for this team. Maybe I'm wrong, but this cavalier attitude I'm seeing around here doesn't make too much sense to me given what I just mentioned above. Once again, I hope we smash the Colts with our without Manning, but given the season we had last year, anything is possible for the Texans and it's not going to be easy.
Old 09-06-2011   #12
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Once again, I hope we smash the Colts with our without Manning, but given the season we had last year, anything is possible for the Texans and it's not going to be easy.
It's super easy Nawzer... I sit in my recliner, I flip on the TV with my remote, and my wife fetches the beer... I post on the forums and talk trash... you apparently think I'm taking the field?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
It's super easy Nawzer... I sit in my recliner, I flip on the TV with my remote, and my wife fetches the beer... I post on the forums and talk trash... you apparently think I'm taking the field?
Haha, I think that would be good tv (nothing personal).
Old 09-06-2011   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

This isn't going to be easy. Collins has a decent record vs. us and Forehead will school him on viewing film. Forehead still needs the win here folks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
This isn't going to be easy. Collins has a decent record vs. us and Forehead will school him on viewing film. Forehead still needs the win here folks.
Kerry Collins is a good QB when he has an elite defense and an elite running game. So was Trent Dilfer.
Old 09-07-2011   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Reading through the forums are so funny. They're all too busy fighting with each other. I think a year of sucktitude will do that fan base some good.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Reading through the forums are so funny. They're all too busy fighting with each other. I think a year of sucktitude will do that fan base some good.
How about a DECADE of suckage....? That would work for me.

We've had ours, it's someone else's turn.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #18
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
How about a DECADE of suckage....? That would work for me.

We've had ours, it's someone else's turn.

I like the way you think.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #19
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1427 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Although the Colts fans might be slightly delusional thinking they are the better team even without Manning, I still can't believe the bravado of most of you guys here on this board. Some of you are thinking that the AFC South is going to be walk in the park and that the Colts can be easily defeated. I would like nothing better than to go 6-0 against the AFC South, but given the history of our team and the epic fails we have witnessed and experienced nothing is going to be easy for this team. Maybe I'm wrong, but this cavalier attitude I'm seeing around here doesn't make too much sense to me given what I just mentioned above. Once again, I hope we smash the Colts with our without Manning, but given the season we had last year, anything is possible for the Texans and it's not going to be easy.
Exactly. I'm just going to assume that Kubiak and the boys will find a way to blow it until I actually see a victory. And even with a victory, after the way week 1 went last year I sure as hell won't believe a division title until everybody else has been mathematically eliminated with the work shown on the paper and corrected by the teacher.
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #20
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

They are really on edge right now, they used to be a very intelligent respectful group but it seems things start changing when you are not certain of wining.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read