Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-06-2011   #1
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 3130 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Nading is back !

Nading gets the last spot. PS is now full.

Here’s a listing of the full practice squad:

ILB Mister Alexander
C Howard Barbieri
G Andrew Gardner
WR Trindon Holliday
SS Shiloh Keo
WR Jeff Maehl
OLB Jesse Nading
RB Chris Ogbonnaya
honored82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nading is back !

Looks like we called it Hou-Tex....

I feel good about that move...Glad he back on the squad and it's probably strange that this has made my day...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #3
honored82
Veteran

Rep Power: 3130 honored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respectedhonored82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just one sack and one forced fumble in the preseason, and he has been on and off the PS for the last 3 seasons. This should be his breakout year..
Old 09-06-2011   #4
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 274 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Still haven't figgered out why they are continuing the Holliday experiment. Someone please 'splain dat one for me.

Ok with Nading back but after 3 seasons I think it speaks to what they think Braman brings to the table.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #5
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Still haven't figgered out why they are continuing the Holliday experiment. Someone please 'splain dat one for me.

Ok with Nading back but after 3 seasons I think it speaks to what they think Braman brings to the table.
I was impressed in one game, and that against 2nd and 3rd string, so other than that i dont see what they see. ALTHOUGH i do think he has some raw potential !
Old 09-06-2011   #6
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Really do not understand how this guy is still eligible for the PS

2010- played 5 games, then placed injured reserve

2009- on practice squad for 8 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays one game

2008- on practie squad for 11 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays 6 games
Old 09-06-2011   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought Trindon looked better this year in his limited action...He didn't look nearly as nervous....

Plus they probably want to use his speed to mimick some guys on our schedule this year like Reggie Bush, Mike Wallace, Chris Johnson...
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2011   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
Really do not understand how this guy is still eligible for the PS

2010- played 5 games, then placed injured reserve

2009- on practice squad for 8 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays one game

2008- on practie squad for 11 weeks, then placed on active roster and plays 6 games
He doesn't have one accured season. He's only played 12 games. His first year he was only active for 5 games then placed on injured reserve with no time spent on the PS.
Old 09-06-2011   #9
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the explanation, so if his games played added up to 16 or more he would not be practice squad eligible, correct?
Old 09-06-2011   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A player like Holliday has the potential for single-handedly take it to the house. I think that the Texans see this as a great potential........if he has several mediocre plays and just one that takes it all the way or close, then he will have proven his worth multifold.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #11
honored82
Veteran

Yes. Holliday got the speed, i have seen his highlights from college and he can take it to the house. I don't think we returned any last season for a touchdown, may be one. and Jacoby has only 1 or 2 in his last 3 years. We need some help in this area...
Old 09-06-2011   #12
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 274 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, bless his tiny little heart but he must really show some awesomeness on the practice field to earn this extended tryout. We shall see........
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #13
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7394 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary was talking about how difficult it will be to simulate 4-3 teams during practice during his radio show the other day. Said he would like to fill the final PS spot with a defensive lineman or linebacker that can maybe simulate some TE as well. Nading immediately popped into my head so they must have just been waiting for him to clear. He also has a bit of ability in our scheme so its a win-win. Glad Braman is on the 53 man though, much more upside.
Old 09-06-2011   #14
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 1345 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the title said nnamdi is back!
Old 09-06-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
Thanks for the explanation, so if his games played added up to 16 or more he would not be practice squad eligible, correct?
Pretty much. There are other stipulations but I think that about sums it up. I won't pretend to be a rosteroligist though.
Old 09-06-2011   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I thought Trindon looked better this year in his limited action...He didn't look nearly as nervous....

Plus they probably want to use his speed to mimick some guys on our schedule this year like Reggie Bush, Mike Wallace, Chris Johnson...
I think they're thinking "slightly smaller, infinitely faster David Anderson".

I don't get it but I think that's what they have in mind.
Old 09-06-2011   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32528 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not quite clear what the "practice squad" is ?
OK, so here's a dumb question: I thought a unit (be it offensive or defensive)
was composed of 11 players, so for example I thought the PS would be like 11 offensive guys who would scrimmage the starting defense to prepare them for the upcoming weeks opponenet. Obviously this isn't the case here, because there's not only < than 11 players but both defensive & offensive players.
So what exactly is the PS and what's its function ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #19
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He doesn't have one accured season. He's only played 12 games. His first year he was only active for 5 games then placed on injured reserve with no time spent on the PS.
An accrued year of NFL experience is six or more games on a club's 53-man active roster or official Injured Reserve list during one season.

If the player was on the active list for fewer than 9 games during their "only Accrued Season(s)", he maintains his eligibility for the practice squad.

A player cannot participate on the practice squad for more than three seasons.

Last edited by TejasTom; 09-07-2011 at 07:21 AM.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #20
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess Texans worried more about another team picking Braman off the PS over Nading. As usual upside in a prospect prevails over accumulation of hard work & average talent.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read