Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-16-2011   #41
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Alright fellas, heres what I got:

Owen Daniels vs. Miami

OR

Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego

OD had a piss poor game last week but I expect him to get involved early and often against a Miami defense that gave up 30 FP to the TE position last week.

On the other hand, Hernandez is a WR trapped in a TE's body and more importantly he has the trust of the greatest QB to ever play the game. Brady seems to spread it to his TE's very frequently.

It seems I have a case of good and better. Not a bad position to be in for my fantasy team but need some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2011   #42
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Daniels.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011   #43
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

What the hell should I do with Ochocinco? Try and trade him , or just drop him outright? Not hurting too bad at WR Jennings, Marshall, Branch, H Ward, Ocho.
Old 09-16-2011   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Alright fellas, heres what I got:

Owen Daniels vs. Miami

OR

Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego

OD had a piss poor game last week but I expect him to get involved early and often against a Miami defense that gave up 30 FP to the TE position last week.

On the other hand, Hernandez is a WR trapped in a TE's body and more importantly he has the trust of the greatest QB to ever play the game. Brady seems to spread it to his TE's very frequently.

It seems I have a case of good and better. Not a bad position to be in for my fantasy team but need some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
Hernendez for sure. The Texans appear to be doing a TE by committee setup this year, somewhat like the Patriots, but the Patriots have better pass-catching TEs and a better QB. With Foster back, OD will probably only get 2-4 targets like he did against the Colts. Walter got one catch last week, that's it. Not a lot more to spread around, unless the Texans are playing from behind.
Old 09-16-2011   #45
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hernendez for sure. The Texans appear to be doing a TE by committee setup this year, somewhat like the Patriots, but the Patriots have better pass-catching TEs and a better QB. With Foster back, OD will probably only get 2-4 targets like he did against the Colts. Walter got one catch last week, that's it. Not a lot more to spread around, unless the Texans are playing from behind.
Man, you are REALLY down on OD.

My prediction is you are going to be dead wrong. He is our second best receiver, bar none, and the only reason he didn't get many targets last week is Schaub sucked when he was actually throwing the ball and the Colts sucked even worse.

Start OD. I have OD and Jermaine Gresham (who has the skills to be a top TE ala Vernon Davis and seems to have the trust of Dalton), but no way am I giving up on OD yet. What I find funny is some people seem to be higher on Jimmy Graham than OD, yet Brees spreads the ball around WAY more than Schaub. You can't really count on any of the Aints receivers.

Yes, start Owen. I'm not saying he most certainly will score more points than Hernandez but NO WAY does OD have another week like last week. If I'm wrong, Dutch, I will certainly eat me some crow and ***** and moan about drafting Owen.
Old 09-16-2011   #46
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol2slik, you get completely differing opinions and leave more confounded than when you arrived.

Please don't give 2slik4u any advice guys he's in my money league and I can assure you he is a fat jerk that you all would hate.

I thought you stuck to the Texans Talk forum slik. I think Hernandez is the safer bet here. OD is fighting for looks with Dreessen and Casey plus what appears to be a juggernaut of a running game. I think it's close but I would start Hernandez.
Old 09-16-2011   #47
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
Thanks bud!!

So I guess you aren't much of a Mike Williams fan or just not a fan of the matchup? Regardless, you have sold me on starting Santana.

What do you think about the QB situation? Should I start Big Ben?
I would start Big Ben.

Mike Williams I guess I don't really know enough about to trust him. His numbers are good though so if you like the guy go with him.
Old 09-16-2011   #48
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Lol2slik, you get completely differing opinions and leave more confounded than when you arrived.

Please don't give 2slik4u any advice guys he's in my money league and I can assure you he is a fat jerk that you all would hate.

I thought you stuck to the Texans Talk forum slik. I think Hernandez is the safer bet here. OD is fighting for looks with Dreessen and Casey plus what appears to be a juggernaut of a running game. I think it's close but I would start Hernandez.
Part of me wants to reciprocate the fat jerk comment....so I will.

You're a fat jerk.

The other part wants to thank you for the advice.....thanks...I guess.
Old 09-16-2011   #49
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Part of me wants to reciprocate the fat jerk comment....so I will.

You're a fat jerk.

The other part wants to thank you for the advice.....thanks...I guess.
Well played good sir.

Don't be pissed if Ckw is right and OD torches Miami for a hundo and two touches.

Go Texans
Old 09-16-2011   #50
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Well played good sir.

Don't be pissed if Ckw is right and OD torches Miami for a hundo and two touches.

Go Texans
Im starting OD. I drafted him and picked up AH this week. I cant give up on him yet.

Go OD. 11 catches, 213 yards, 3 touchdowns. Lead pipe lock of the week.
Old 09-17-2011   #51
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, you are REALLY down on OD.

My prediction is you are going to be dead wrong. He is our second best receiver, bar none, and the only reason he didn't get many targets last week is Schaub sucked when he was actually throwing the ball and the Colts sucked even worse.

Start OD. I have OD and Jermaine Gresham (who has the skills to be a top TE ala Vernon Davis and seems to have the trust of Dalton), but no way am I giving up on OD yet. What I find funny is some people seem to be higher on Jimmy Graham than OD, yet Brees spreads the ball around WAY more than Schaub. You can't really count on any of the Aints receivers.

Yes, start Owen. I'm not saying he most certainly will score more points than Hernandez but NO WAY does OD have another week like last week. If I'm wrong, Dutch, I will certainly eat me some crow and ***** and moan about drafting Owen.
Haha, it's all good. I have OD and Hernendez in one my leagues (Brady at QB) and I had OD up last week. Still won the game, but 20 points versus 2... Eh I'll go with Hernendez on a pass first team, with decent WRs over OD on a run-first team with lots of other receiving options.
Old 09-17-2011   #52
Ckw

Fun conversation, Dutch. Looking forward to seeing how OD does tomorrow.

Now, I have a bit of a dilemma. I just traded Robert Meachem for Joe Flacco. So now I have a slight battle at QB.

Who should I start?

Joe Flacco or Ben Roesthlisberger
Old 09-17-2011   #53
Ckw

Quote:

Now, I have a bit of a dilemma. I just traded Robert Meachem for Joe Flacco. So now I have a slight battle at QB.

Who should I start?

Anyone? I am leaning towards Big Ben, but man Flacco put on a good show against that supposedly dominant Pitt D.
Old 09-18-2011   #54
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats a tough one - but based on the matchup IŽd go with Big Ben.

So here are my questions for a standard Yahoo FF league:

WR - 3 out of 4:

Hakeem Nicks (questionable and on Monday Night) vs. Stl.
Brandon Marshall (obvious starter) vs. HOU
Steve Smith (Car) vs. GB
Plaxico Burress vs. JAC

HB 2 out of 3:

Jamaal Charles vs DET
Beanie Wells vs. WAS
Cedric Benson vs. DEN

TE 1 out of 2:

Owen Daniels vs. MIA
Rob Gronkowski vs. SD
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #55
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I need some advise for my league normal scoring , nothing special.....

Rb Arian Foster
Ben Tate
Deangelo Willaims VS GB
I Need 2
Wr Dwayne Bowe @ Det
Devery Henderson Vs Chi
Early Doucet @ Was
Johnny Knox @ No
Chad Ocho Vs SD
also need 2
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011   #56
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Thats a tough one - but based on the matchup IŽd go with Big Ben.

So here are my questions for a standard Yahoo FF league:

WR - 3 out of 4:

Hakeem Nicks (questionable and on Monday Night) vs. Stl.
Brandon Marshall (obvious starter) vs. HOU
Steve Smith (Car) vs. GB

Plaxico Burress vs. JAC

HB 2 out of 3:

Jamaal Charles vs DET
Beanie Wells vs. WAS
Cedric Benson vs. DEN

TE 1 out of 2:

Owen Daniels vs. MIA
Rob Gronkowski vs. SD
I'd start the bold.
Old 09-18-2011   #57
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:

Who should I start?

Well, first quarter of the Pats game, but Hernendez has 2 catches 30 yards and a TD already.
Old 09-18-2011   #58
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well, first quarter of the Pats game, but Hernendez has 2 catches 30 yards and a TD already.
Yep. I was about to come here. I owe you an apology.

Wish I had listened to you...

I am done with OD....
Old 09-18-2011   #59
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Yep. I was about to come here. I owe you an apology.

Wish I had listened to you...

I am done with OD....
OD has lots of time left to make some plays. But Hernendez has hit the TE benchmark for points for me this week. I always like my TEs to get about 8-10 points a game to keep them around. Everything beyond that is gravy OD will get more chances this game as he has 2 targets so far, but I just don't trust him to break out and get a TD every other week.
Old 09-18-2011   #60
Ckw

This is when Kubiak pisses me off. He is so irritating for fantasy purposes. It is impossible to predict who Gary is going to target, aside from AJ, in a given day.

Man I wish I had started Hernandez...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read