Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The "Who should I start" thread

gtexan02

Working?
Didn't see this one, so here goes. Try to give as much info as possible

I have 1 flex spot open on my team. Here is who I can choose between:
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Joseph Addai, RB, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers against NO Saints (home)
Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings against SD (away)

I think you have to go with Wayne regardless of if Manning plays. Even if Collins is throwing to him, he should still be the #1 target and get plenty of chances to score points for you. Grant would be my second choice after seeing the Saints run D in preseason.

I think you have to go with Wayne regardless of if Manning plays. Even if Collins is throwing to him, he should still be the #1 target and get plenty of chances to score points for you. Grant would be my second choice after seeing the Saints run D in preseason.

^this.

agreed on Wayne.

I'm on a fantasy football website called fantasysharks.com and I think it's one of the best sources of info out there. There are some good articles, but they've got forums with player news, who should I start, waiver/free agent moves...anything. A lot of information comes from people in the NFL cities so there's a little more in-depth info than I find on some sites.

Not spamming...just letting you all know about a site that's helped me quite a bit in the fantasy football realm.

Oh... It... We... have no response. That was perfect.

:clap:

Here's my dilemma for a W/R/T flex spot:

Starters:
QB: Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
RB1: Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
RB2: Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
WR1: Roddy White (Atl - WR)
WR2: Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)
TE: Zach Miller (Sea - TE)
DST: Chargers

Flex:

Marques Colston (NO - WR)
Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

I'm leaning towards Reggie Bush, but I'm willing to take suggestions :)

Edit: 1 PPR

Last edited:
Didn't see this one, so here goes. Try to give as much info as possible

I have 1 flex spot open on my team. Here is who I can choose between:
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Joseph Addai, RB, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers against NO Saints (home)
Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings against SD (away)

PPR? Wayne or Harvin.

Non PPR - Wayne or Grant. Probably Wayne though. Even though our defense was revamped, our corners are still young and can be had.

Starters:

Flex:

Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)

Again, PPR or no?

I would go with Olsen. Cards gave up 242.6 passing yards per game last season. They lost DRC but gained Patrick Peterson. Also Newton will probably use Olsen as his safety valve alot.

NE is good against the run so Bush isnt that attractive, unless its a PPR league.

Fred Jackson is going @ KC who is middle of the pack against the run.

Bottom line: I would go with Olsen or Jackson if you are afraid of Cam Newton.

My turn.

League 1: PPR flex: Bush @ NE, Wells vs. CAR, S. Moss, NYG, Britt @ JAX.

League 2: Bradford vs. PHI, Kolb vs. CAR

Starters:

Flex:

Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)

Edit: 1 PPR

I would have a hard time keeping Tate out week one. Probably a riskier play but could pay huge dividends. If not Tate I would go with Bush.

My turn.

League 1: I'd go with either Moss, or Wells. I'd be taking a wait and see approach to see how Britt Gels with hasselback, and I think New Englandwould be a bad matchup for Bush this week.

League 2: Kolb vs. Car. Bradford will be throwing at Nnamdi, DRC, and Asante Samuels

Again, PPR or no?

I would go with Olsen. Cards gave up 242.6 passing yards per game last season. They lost DRC but gained Patrick Peterson. Also Newton will probably use Olsen as his safety valve alot.

NE is good against the run so Bush isnt that attractive, unless its a PPR league.

Fred Jackson is going @ KC who is middle of the pack against the run.

Bottom line: I would go with Olsen or Jackson if you are afraid of Cam Newton.

It's 1PPR, so I have Bush in there right now. The concern with Olsen is that he has to compete with Jeremey Shockey for targets, so I'm not sure he will get enough attention. AZ is a crappy defense though, so maybe he is worth it...

My turn.

I like Wells @ Carolina and Kolb against Carolina. I don't expect either team to have much defense, so it could be a shootout. Fitz is bound to get some TDs against the Panthers.

I still try to figure out my 3d WR - I have Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress and Devin Hester. What do you guys think?

I still try to figure out my 3d WR - I have Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress and Devin Hester. What do you guys think?

Do individual players get return yards?

If not, I'd drop Hester from the conversation. Bears are weirdly devoted to Roy Williams.

Do individual players get return yards?

If not, I'd drop Hester from the conversation. Bears are weirdly devoted to Roy Williams.

Yeah they do get return yards - but not as much points as for receiving yards (I think 10 return yards equal 1 receiving yard).

My current top three backs are Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhell, and Darren McFadden. I clearly went RB heavy in my draft. Rice and Mendenhall are my initial starters and McFadden is my flex.

I also drafted Ben Tate to get him out of the hands of the guy who grabbed Foster, but now I have this rather tough problem on my hands. Let's say Foster and Ward both sit against Miami...

Which 3 of the 4 do I start?
Ray Rice @ Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall vs Seattle
Darren McFadden @ Buffalo
Ben Tate @ Miami

My current top three backs are Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhell, and Darren McFadden. I clearly went RB heavy in my draft. Rice and Mendenhall are my initial starters and McFadden is my flex.

I also drafted Ben Tate to get him out of the hands of the guy who grabbed Foster, but now I have this rather tough problem on my hands. Let's say Foster and Ward both sit against Miami...

Which 3 of the 4 do I start?
Ray Rice @ Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall vs Seattle
Darren McFadden @ Buffalo
Ben Tate @ Miami

Wow, that is quite a dilemma, but a good one to have. I think you must start Ray Rice and DMC given their production this past week. RR against the Steelers for 30 points means he should do just about as well against the Tits. Tate or Mendenhall...

The Bills allowed 6 YPC against the Chiefs this past week: NFL Team stats

The Dolphins 4.8, but the Pats didn't run much.

I'd go with Tate just for the Texans sake :)

I have a question regarding WR's. Which three should I start?

Brandon Marshall vs. Houston
A.J. Green @ Denver
Braylon Edwards vs. Dallas
Robert Meachem vs. Chicago
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I'm thinking of going with Marshall, Meachem & Jones, but I wanted some advice first.

A.J. Green @ Denver
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I'm thinking of going with Marshall, Meachem & Jones, but I wanted some advice first.

I like Marshall, Meachem as locks. Flip a coin for the other. Probably Edwards though.

AJ Green's big play came when the Browns were still in their defensive huddle, don't expect Denver to make that mistake, he'll have to earn the points he gets this week. Braylon Edwards is intriguing because of the Dallas Pass D. But Frank Gore, ruined my fantasy week so I'm down on all 9ers for the time being. I agree with your three

As for me.
I'm strongly considering starting Addai this week vs. Cleveland. He would take Beanie Wells vs. Washington Redskins. Wells is the more reliable play, but in my league its important to score the most points, and I think Addai will have a huge game as the Colts will rely on him more and the Browns run D was soft vs. Cinci, its a risky play, and pretty much the only game I'm considering Addai for so far this season

AJ Green's big play came when the Browns were still in their defensive huddle, don't expect Denver to make that mistake, he'll have to earn the points he gets this week. Braylon Edwards is intriguing because of the Dallas Pass D. But Frank Gore, ruined my fantasy week so I'm down on all 9ers for the time being. I agree with your three

As for me.
I'm strongly considering starting Addai this week vs. Cleveland. He would take Beanie Wells vs. Washington Redskins. Wells is the more reliable play, but in my league its important to score the most points, and I think Addai will have a huge game as the Colts will rely on him more and the Browns run D was soft vs. Cinci, its a risky play, and pretty much the only game I'm considering Addai for so far this season

I would go with Beanie Wells. He had a nice game last week (112 total yards & a td), and until the Colts learn to be successful running the ball I would stay away from Addai if you've got better options.

A.J. Green @ Denver
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

Definitely Marshall and Meachem given the rest of their teams at the moment. I'd be tempted to go with Jones after watching that pisspoor Phins defense last night. I don't think Edwards will get many chances against a decent defense in the Cowboys. And I would avoid all Bengals besides Benson :)

Definitely Marshall and Meachem given the rest of their teams at the moment. I'd be tempted to go with Jones after watching that pisspoor Phins defense last night. I don't think Edwards will get many chances against a decent defense in the Cowboys. And I would avoid all Bengals besides Benson :)

Meachem & Jones should also be moving up their teams depth charts after injuries to Walter & Colston, and are both on good passing teams. Both Green & Edwards didn't do much last week and their offenses are a little more questionable.

A.J. Green @ Denver
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I say Marshall, Meachem, and Jones. With Walter going down Jones fantasy value could increase dramatically. Plus Brady just dropped five hundo on the Fins.

Play Flacco for sure this week.

So amazingly, I still won this week even though Big Ben put on about as shitty a performance as a QB can thanks to LeSean McCoy, Run DMC, and Sea Bass.

So here is my minor predicament: do I give Big Ben another chance?

Ben Roesthlisberger vs SEA
Kyle Orton vs CIN

Also, I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. Who should I start?

LeSean McCoy @ ATL
Darren McFadden @ BUF
Ahmad Bradshaw vs STL
Larry Fitzgerald @ WSH
Mike Williams @ MIN
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Santana Moss vs ARI
Robert Meachem vs CHI

Thanks!!!!

So amazingly, I still won this week even though Big Ben put on about as shitty a performance as a QB can thanks to LeSean McCoy, Run DMC, and Sea Bass.

So here is my minor predicament: do I give Big Ben another chance?

Ben Roesthlisberger vs SEA
Kyle Orton vs CIN

Also, I need to start two RBs, a flex, and two WRs. Who should I start?

LeSean McCoy @ ATL
Darren McFadden @ BUF
Ahmad Bradshaw vs STL
Larry Fitzgerald @ WSH
Mike Williams @ MIN
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Santana Moss vs ARI
Robert Meachem vs CHI

Thanks!!!!

I think for sure you go with McCoy, DMC, Bradshaw, and Fitz. After that I would be looking at Moss and Meachem. I would probably go with Moss for the simple fact that Chicago dismantled ATL while ARI let a rookie throw for 422 yards against them in his first game ever.

I think for sure you go with McCoy, DMC, Bradshaw, and Fitz. After that I would be looking at Moss and Meachem. I would probably go with Moss for the simple fact that Chicago dismantled ATL while ARI let a rookie throw for 422 yards against them in his first game ever.

Thanks bud!!

So I guess you aren't much of a Mike Williams fan or just not a fan of the matchup? Regardless, you have sold me on starting Santana.

What do you think about the QB situation? Should I start Big Ben?

Just now joining this conversation.

Here's how my Week 1 went down for me:

1. Matt Ryan sucked BAD at my QB1.

2. Andre Johnson did well for me at WR1.

3. Roddy White (who I drafted in round 2) was absent, like Matt Ryan was.

4. Beanie Wells delivered for me at RB1.

5. Derrick Ward did somewhat OK at RB2. I benched Shonn Greene in favor of Ward, so I made the right move there.

6. Ben Tate was great for me at the flex. I originally had Darren Sproles in that spot.

7. OD underperformed for me at TE. I expect him to rebound well in Week 2.

8. Rackers got me 10 points as my K.

9. Giants D/ST was pedestrian, which I expected.

The major headache, for me, is that I wasted a round 4 pick on Shonn Greene as my first RB taken. Thank goodness I picked up Beanie Wells and Tate. But Foster will return soon and life won't be fun for me at the RB spot with really only Beanie Wells as a consistent producer at RB.

I went heavy on WR-WR-QB in rounds 1, 2, and 3.

I somehow was able to get Flacco in like round 6, which is crazy IMO that he was still there. I have a feeling Flacco is my starting QB in Week 2.

Matt Ryan and Roddy White's troubles with Chicago almost cost me a Week 1 win. I expect them to get better, though, as the season progresses. Until they catch fire, I'm going with Flacco.

Anybody want Shon Greene? Just give me positive rep and I'll send him to you. That's all I'm asking for. Shon Greene won't be a Jets RB next year, IMO. I think he's a goner.

Anybody want Shon Greene? Just give me positive rep and I'll send him to you. That's all I'm asking for. Shon Greene won't be a Jets RB next year, IMO. I think he's a goner.

I drafted Shonn Greene last year in the 2nd round. Ruined my season. Dude was an albatross. Couldn't trade him because nobody else was stupid enough and couldn't drop him because he was a 2nd rounder.

F that bum.

Thanks bud!!

So I guess you aren't much of a Mike Williams fan or just not a fan of the matchup? Regardless, you have sold me on starting Santana.

A pissed off Big Ben against Seattle? Yeah, start him.

I drafted Shonn Greene last year in the 2nd round. Ruined my season. Dude was an albatross. Couldn't trade him because nobody else was stupid enough and couldn't drop him because he was a 2nd rounder.

F that bum.

I'm actually trying to trade for Green in my money league, his owner is waaay down on him and I'll probably be able to pawn off Orton to get him, then I'll drop C.J. Spiller (man I was wrong about him I just went to a Bills MB too, for "research" and they really aren't expecting much from him) and pick up Beck. Beck has excellent matchup in week 4 and 11. STL (injured backfield) and Dal (injured backfield again, high potent shootout). While Matt Schaub will play the Steelers, and have a bye during those weeks. Orton has bad matchups those weeks (GB and NYJ) but the guy who owns green is stuck with Eli (Bwahahahhahaa) and Sanchez (not bad, not great either). My other Running Backs are Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Frank Gore (damn you), Cadillac Williams, and Deji Karim (we get points for KR yards), Cadillac Williams actually has atrocious matchups for the next few weeks, and Steven Jackson will probably be back soon enough, I'll likely end up dropping him too, and Frank Gore is probably not going to crack my lineup again untill he shows me something.

tl;dr I plan on swapping a QB who will have bad matchups when I would actually play him over schaub for a RB who might crack my flex spot during games I'm certain the Jets will be in cruise control

The trade didn't go through (he actually did a counter offer, Schaub for Green, I rejected it with alot of hahahaha in the reject message) I talked to him at work and he says he has Orton rated in the same teir as Eli and Sanchez, the guy is fuggin nuts. I went ahead and picked up grossman, and I'll hold on to orton for one more week, to see if he changes his mind, (I doubt it) then drop him.

I decided to stay with Beanie this week. I went and analyzed all the runs the Giants had against the skins, and Bradshaw, who is more similar to Beanie than Jacobs, is did well enough, plus I think the Skins are going to drop their safeties back over Fitz anyway and open up some room for Wells

One league I need to start two of these RB's (1PPR and return yards):
Lesean Mcoy @ ATL, Mendenhall vs SEA, Sproles vs CHI, Wells @ Wash

Other league, I need to start 3 of these (1PPR and return yards):
Ray Rice @ Ten
Michael Turner vs Philly
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Fred Jackson vs Oak
LT vs Jax
or go WR with the 3rd spot and put in Robert Meachum vs CHI

I'm actually trying to trade for Green in my money league, his owner is waaay down on him and I'll probably be able to pawn off Orton to get him, then I'll drop C.J. Spiller (man I was wrong about him I just went to a Bills MB too, for "research" and they really aren't expecting much from him) and pick up Beck. Beck has excellent matchup in week 4 and 11. STL (injured backfield) and Dal (injured backfield again, high potent shootout). While Matt Schaub will play the Steelers, and have a bye during those weeks. Orton has bad matchups those weeks (GB and NYJ) but the guy who owns green is stuck with Eli (Bwahahahhahaa) and Sanchez (not bad, not great either). My other Running Backs are Ray Rice, Beanie Wells, Frank Gore (damn you), Cadillac Williams, and Deji Karim (we get points for KR yards), Cadillac Williams actually has atrocious matchups for the next few weeks, and Steven Jackson will probably be back soon enough, I'll likely end up dropping him too, and Frank Gore is probably not going to crack my lineup again untill he shows me something.

tl;dr I plan on swapping a QB who will have bad matchups when I would actually play him over schaub for a RB who might crack my flex spot during games I'm certain the Jets will be in cruise control

I had CJ Spiller last season in addition to Shonn Greene. Talk about a couple of bums. I'm not a Gore fan at all either. I'd try to trade him before he gets a hangnail and ends up on IR.

One league I need to start two of these RB's (1PPR and return yards):
Lesean Mcoy @ ATL, Mendenhall vs SEA, Sproles vs CHI, Wells @ Wash

Other league, I need to start 3 of these (1PPR and return yards):
Ray Rice @ Ten
Michael Turner vs Philly
Reggie Bush vs HOU
Fred Jackson vs Oak
LT vs Jax
or go WR with the 3rd spot and put in Robert Meachum vs CHI

In the first league I would start Mccoy & Mendenhall. In the 2nd I would go with Rice, Turner & Jackson.

Alright fellas, heres what I got:

Owen Daniels vs. Miami

OR

Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego

OD had a piss poor game last week but I expect him to get involved early and often against a Miami defense that gave up 30 FP to the TE position last week.

On the other hand, Hernandez is a WR trapped in a TE's body and more importantly he has the trust of the greatest QB to ever play the game. Brady seems to spread it to his TE's very frequently.

It seems I have a case of good and better. Not a bad position to be in for my fantasy team but need some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

What the hell should I do with Ochocinco? Try and trade him , or just drop him outright? Not hurting too bad at WR Jennings, Marshall, Branch, H Ward, Ocho.

Alright fellas, heres what I got:

Owen Daniels vs. Miami

OR

Aaron Hernandez vs. San Diego

OD had a piss poor game last week but I expect him to get involved early and often against a Miami defense that gave up 30 FP to the TE position last week.

On the other hand, Hernandez is a WR trapped in a TE's body and more importantly he has the trust of the greatest QB to ever play the game. Brady seems to spread it to his TE's very frequently.

It seems I have a case of good and better. Not a bad position to be in for my fantasy team but need some thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hernendez for sure. The Texans appear to be doing a TE by committee setup this year, somewhat like the Patriots, but the Patriots have better pass-catching TEs and a better QB. With Foster back, OD will probably only get 2-4 targets like he did against the Colts. Walter got one catch last week, that's it. Not a lot more to spread around, unless the Texans are playing from behind.

Hernendez for sure. The Texans appear to be doing a TE by committee setup this year, somewhat like the Patriots, but the Patriots have better pass-catching TEs and a better QB. With Foster back, OD will probably only get 2-4 targets like he did against the Colts. Walter got one catch last week, that's it. Not a lot more to spread around, unless the Texans are playing from behind.

Man, you are REALLY down on OD.

My prediction is you are going to be dead wrong. He is our second best receiver, bar none, and the only reason he didn't get many targets last week is Schaub sucked when he was actually throwing the ball and the Colts sucked even worse.

Start OD. I have OD and Jermaine Gresham (who has the skills to be a top TE ala Vernon Davis and seems to have the trust of Dalton), but no way am I giving up on OD yet. What I find funny is some people seem to be higher on Jimmy Graham than OD, yet Brees spreads the ball around WAY more than Schaub. You can't really count on any of the Aints receivers.

Yes, start Owen. I'm not saying he most certainly will score more points than Hernandez but NO WAY does OD have another week like last week. If I'm wrong, Dutch, I will certainly eat me some crow and ***** and moan about drafting Owen.

Lol2slik, you get completely differing opinions and leave more confounded than when you arrived.

Please don't give 2slik4u any advice guys he's in my money league and I can assure you he is a fat jerk that you all would hate.:kitten:

I thought you stuck to the Texans Talk forum slik. I think Hernandez is the safer bet here. OD is fighting for looks with Dreessen and Casey plus what appears to be a juggernaut of a running game. I think it's close but I would start Hernandez.

Thanks bud!!

I would start Big Ben.

Mike Williams I guess I don't really know enough about to trust him. His numbers are good though so if you like the guy go with him.

Lol2slik, you get completely differing opinions and leave more confounded than when you arrived.

Please don't give 2slik4u any advice guys he's in my money league and I can assure you he is a fat jerk that you all would hate.:kitten:

I thought you stuck to the Texans Talk forum slik. I think Hernandez is the safer bet here. OD is fighting for looks with Dreessen and Casey plus what appears to be a juggernaut of a running game. I think it's close but I would start Hernandez.

Part of me wants to reciprocate the fat jerk comment....so I will.

You're a fat jerk.

The other part wants to thank you for the advice.....thanks...I guess.

Part of me wants to reciprocate the fat jerk comment....so I will.

You're a fat jerk.

The other part wants to thank you for the advice.....thanks...I guess.

Well played good sir.

Don't be pissed if Ckw is right and OD torches Miami for a hundo and two touches.

Go Texans :texflag:

Well played good sir.

Don't be pissed if Ckw is right and OD torches Miami for a hundo and two touches.

Go Texans :texflag:

Im starting OD. I drafted him and picked up AH this week. I cant give up on him yet.

Go OD. 11 catches, 213 yards, 3 touchdowns. Lead pipe lock of the week.

Back