Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2011   #1
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tate V Ward

no its not that return of micky ward.

but was wondering who will be the number 1 for week 1 if foster misses out.
we didnt see any of either in tonights game and ward has always been the number 2 on the depth chart but Tate has looked real good during pre-season.

thoughts??

PS i also need this for my fantasy team....i know im sick!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tate V Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

we didnt see any of either in tonights game and ward has always been the number 2 on the depth chart but Tate has looked real good during pre-season.

thoughts??

Kubiak has a strong tendency to favor vets with experience. He's not going to entrust his QB's health and wellfare to Tate's blocking, so that will limit how much Tate will be on the field. He will play some, though.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #3
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

thoughts??

Are both on your roster?
Start 'em both
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #4
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

neither are. tate has already been picked up wondering if i should grab ward quick smart
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #5
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

thoughts??

ward will start but tate is a smarter runner and in the long run I think he will win out.
Old 09-02-2011   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Kubiak has a strong tendency to favor vets with experience. He's not going to entrust his QB's health and wellfare to Tate's blocking, so that will limit how much Tate will be on the field. He will play some, though.
Tates blitz pick up wasnt bad at all .... He will see plenty of action , I wouldnt be surprised if he started in place of Foster against the Dolts if Foster isnt ready to go.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think Ward will start & have a good game. Ben will also play and earn a start in the future.
Old 09-02-2011   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
neither are. tate has already been picked up wondering if i should grab ward quick smart
depends on who you have to dump to make room for him on your team. Even with a healthy Foster, Ward's going to get his share of carries. So he's worth a very late pickup
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Ward would start but you can bet your bottom dollar that Tate will get serious burn early on and Kubiak will ride the hot hand.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If Foster doesn't start, I'd bet Ward would get the early nod. Until Tate can prove he can block and catch in real gametime conditions, Ward will always get the start in situations like this. Ward's a darn good RB, Tate just has more talent.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a huge Tate supporter. Talent wise he might be our best RB; he sure was in college. It's going to be great watching FTW play this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #12
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak pulls a rope a dope and Slaton gets the start..........
Old 09-02-2011   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping that Slaton is out of here, if Dickerson is gone then why not Slaton.

Ward/Tate, I'm guessing 2/3 Ward, 1/3 Tate.
Old 09-02-2011   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I'm hoping that Slaton is out of here, if Dickerson is gone then why not Slaton.

Ward/Tate, I'm guessing 2/3 Ward, 1/3 Tate.
Because Dickerson didn't make make it on field and Slaron's legitimate injury kept him off field.
SS has enough history to show he might be a contributor. There has been enough time to cut him or buy him out.
I think Smithiak is hoping he will getgg on field eventually and maybe produce.
Old 09-02-2011   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Because Dickerson didn't make make it on field and Slaron's legitimate injury kept him off field.
SS has enough history to show he might be a contributor. There has been enough time to cut him or buy him out.
I think Smithiak is hoping he will getgg on field eventually and maybe produce.
Or become trade bait for a team hurting at the RB position

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Or become trade bait for a team hurting at the RB position
Yes
Old 09-03-2011   #17
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the percentage of plays Tate is on will be tied directly to the scoreboard. If we're behind and passing a lot, I expect to see a lot more of Ward. Freeny and Mathis teeing off against basically a rookie is scary enough. Throw in blitzes and it gets worse. Hopefully, we'll be so far ahead that we're the ones teeing off on whoever starts as QB for the Colts.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I think the percentage of plays Tate is on will be tied directly to the scoreboard. If we're behind and passing a lot, I expect to see a lot more of Ward.
That was the point I was about to make. I would also expect Tate to get his touches between the 20's, and Ward to get the ball when avoiding turnovers is most crucial.
Old 09-03-2011   #19
Ndevine7
All Pro

Rep Power: 273 Ndevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respectedNdevine7 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That was the point I was about to make. I would also expect Tate to get his touches between the 20's, and Ward to get the ball when avoiding turnovers is most crucial.
Yea i think if Foster is out week 1 Ward will get the start but it will be a RB by committee. Ward will get around 15-20 touches while Tate will get around 10-15 touches all depending on who has the hot hand, how successful we are running the ball, and the score. Tate will most likely get his touches on first or second downs and between the 20's like Lucky said. Ward is a vet and Kubs will trust him more at the GL and during protection packages. I wouldnt be surprised if on 4 WR sets (either 3 WR and OD or 4 WR) to see Casey as the lone back because he is a solid blocker as well as a solid receiver out of the backfield
Old 09-04-2011   #20
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I think tate will get the majority of the carries he has outplayed ward during preseason. besides we all know this hammy will cause foster problems probably all year long especially with his running style.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read