Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2011   #1
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default holiday over dickerson?

I know its just one game but is anyone else thinking Holiday might make the team and Dickerson might be cut? Holiday could be a nice backup returner and maybe a decent WR burner off the bench
Old 09-01-2011   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: holiday over dickerson?

Dickerson looked kinda slow out there, for a WR.
Looks like he would be well served to move back to TE as he was in college.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Holliday gets us past the 20!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #4
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
I know its just one game but is anyone else thinking Holiday might make the team and Dickerson might be cut? Holiday could be a nice backup returner and maybe a decent WR burner off the bench
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Dickerson did nothing out there tonight. That's too bad, I know most of us were really wanting him to develop into something. I have no doubt that he will end up playing TE somewhere in the league, but not with the Texans with our log jam at that position.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Holliday gets us past the 20!
That's a real positive, especially with 2nd and 3rd (and even 4th stringers) in there. He brings back true excitement to returns (and even on offensive plays, especially I can imagine when he has 1st team talent surrounding him)
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #7
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

53 spots isnt enough for holiday to get on unfortunately.

i think DD moves to the 5th WR spot and BJ is our 4th.

ill be suprised if they take a 6th aswell seen as no one really stepped up during games this pre-season. they will stash some on IR and PS.

there are other spots on the roster that we need to go deep like D-line and L'Backer
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2011   #8
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

ill be suprised if they take a 6th aswell seen as no one really stepped up during games this pre-season. they will stash some on IR and PS.

there are other spots on the roster that we need to go deep like D-line and L'Backer
i agree, I would like to see holiday on the practice squad; IMO the 5th spot comes down to dickerson vs whoever is on the waiver wire
Old 09-01-2011   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
i agree, I would like to see holiday on the practice squad; IMO the 5th spot comes down to dickerson vs whoever is on the waiver wire
I'm with you guys. I didn't see enough to warrant anything more than a spot on the practice squad.
WRs have to block in our offense and I don't see him being able to do that job effectively.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #10
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Dickerson did nothing out there tonight. That's too bad, I know most of us were really wanting him to develop into something. I have no doubt that he will end up playing TE somewhere in the league, but not with the Texans with our log jam at that position.
Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing Dickerson taking another step forward but today did not look good. However, we now have WR that may turn into a decent one on our IR (Lestar). It is only one game but good to see Holiday showing something positive today.

Go Texans!!!

Last edited by SAMURAITEXAN; 09-02-2011 at 03:53 AM.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Neither should make roster but I'd take Holliday over DD
Old 09-01-2011   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Dickerson has good size and hands but just can't seem to make a catch in any amount of traffic. Holliday showed why he was drafted, his speed certainly could impact field position, especially against a good punter like Kluwe. Interesting how this game played out.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I have 6 wr's on my final roster. Holiday, Dickerson, and Johnson.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #14
ultimatepaki
Rookie

yeah holliday is practice squad at best. they showed briefly on abc kubiak talking to reporters right after the game and they asked about holiday and kubiak was like "he did some good things out there and he did some not so good things. he's a very talented young man. <pause> I also thought Matt Leinart did some good things out there too."

lol at kubiak not knowing what more to say about holliday and shifting topics quickly.
ultimatepaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatepaki View Post
yeah holliday is practice squad at best. they showed briefly on abc kubiak talking to reporters right after the game and they asked about holiday and kubiak was like "he did some good things out there and he did some not so good things. he's a very talented young man. I also thought Matt Leinart did some good things out there too."

lol at kubiak not knowing what more to say about holliday and shifting topics quickly.
I thought the same thing when I heard that, but still I have hope that they will keep him.

Granted it was against some guys who may not be in the NFL a few hours from now, but i thought he was the best return man we've seen by far. And he didn't even break a huge one.
Old 09-01-2011   #16
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak has already declared Manning the KR. Holiday has no shot on the roster. Hopefully practice squad.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #17
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He brings back true excitement to returns (and even on offensive plays, especially I can imagine when he has 1st team talent surrounding him)
My heart skips a beat and my stomach knots up every time he is back there fielding a punt/kickoff. Of course he is fun to watch once the ball is secure.
Old 09-01-2011   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Kubiak has already declared Manning the KR. Holiday has no shot on the roster. Hopefully practice squad.
Earlier in training camp Vjo pretty much declared Harris the starting nickel.

Sometimes things change when you have more information to evaluate.
Old 09-01-2011   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I have 6 wr's on my final roster. Holiday, Dickerson, and Johnson.
My projected 53 revision, over in the other thread was this:

5 WR: AJ, KW, JJ, and DD. A tie between Bryant Johnson and Trindon Holliday for spot number 5.

Kubiak said, in camp a few weeks ago, he's got 5 WR spots.

But that was before Jean got hurt. Darling started to come forward, but he also got hurt.

This made Kubiak bring in Bryant Johnson.

So how do we read the tea leaves here? Some say Manning is the KR, but why would we risk him getting hurt on return duty? I wouldn't do it. Not for the sloppy performance of Marciano's squad out there. It'd be a waste.

So that's why I wonder if he's tempted to keep Holliday.

But does he stick with 5 WRs, or add a 6th? If he makes a 6th spot, where do you subtract from? Does he cut one of the LBs to make room for a 6th WR? If he kept Holliday on, he has to put him on the game day 46-man roster in order to justify keeping him on the 53-man roster, right?

Too close to call, IMO. Neck and neck race.
Old 09-02-2011   #20
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
. Not for the sloppy performance of Marciano's squad out there. It'd be a waste.

Marciano's ST's have looked abyssmal thus far but a large part of that is Kubiak has had Marciano put specific players on return and coverage teams thus far so he could evaluate them. Expect those ST units to look considerably different and improved come opening day.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read