Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-01-2011   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2011 Tailgate Tickets...

Quote:
Tailgate Guest Tickets Onsale

This past season we updated our Gameday Ticket Policy:

All visitors to Reliant Park MUST have a game ticket or other team-issued credential to be on the Reliant Park grounds on Houston Texans home gamedays.

However, in response to our fan feedback regarding the Gameday Ticket Policy we have made the following changes for the 2011 season:

Children 15 years of age and younger will not be required to have a Tailgate Guest Ticket or game ticket to enter and remain on Reliant park grounds for Texans home games with a parent or guardian

Each season ticket holder may purchase up to 10 Tailgate Guest Tickets per game

For your convenience, when purchased prior to September 8th 2011 you will receive a Tailgate Guest Ticket for all 8 regular season home games at a discounted rate of $72. This offer is available exclusively for season ticket holders only. Tailgate Guest Tickets will also be available for $10 per ticket on an individual game basis throughout the 2011 season.
How is everyone feeling about these again this year? At least kids are free now.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 103796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2011 Tailgate Tickets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
How is everyone feeling about these again this year? At least kids are free now.
I thought the policy was stupid then, and I still think it's stupid now.

As I explianed to AJ in his Examiner article, it still appears as a money grab from the Texans, rather than a legitimate safety issue.
  • The worst issue came after the Cowboys game last year - ~150,000 folks onsite.
  • Let's be conservative and say only 30,000 seats in Reliant belong to Season ticket holders.
  • If those 30,000 but their allotment of 10 tickets each, we're dealing with 300,000 (+the 70K in the stadium coming out afterward).
  • 370,000 is more than twice the worst estimates of crowd size for the Cowboys game in question.
  • Given that the ticket holder may not buy these tickets far in advance, there is no way that the security personnel can "scale up" appropriately.
  • The ingress of these folks has been constricted to VERY FEW entry points, thereby creating it's own safety issues along the way.

Here's a link to TC's article when the changes were first implemented. MANY of the items she cites still aren't resolved.
Old 09-01-2011   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I thought the policy was stupid then, and I still think it's stupid now.

As I explianed to AJ in his Examiner article, it still appears as a money grab from the Texans, rather than a legitimate safety issue.
  • The worst issue came after the Cowboys game last year - ~150,000 folks onsite.
  • Let's be conservative and say only 30,000 seats in Reliant belong to Season ticket holders.
  • If those 30,000 but their allotment of 10 tickets each, we're dealing with 300,000 (+the 70K in the stadium coming out afterward).
  • 370,000 is more than twice the worst estimates of crowd size for the Cowboys game in question.
  • Given that the ticket holder may not buy these tickets far in advance, there is no way that the security personnel can "scale up" appropriately.
  • The ingress of these folks has been constricted to VERY FEW entry points, thereby creating it's own safety issues along the way.

I for one still like the policy change !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #4
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate the policy. I spend $230 for a parking pass for my mom and aunt to come join the tailgate party, they stay outside for the game, watch the tailgate stuff, and watch the game on the flat screen. Now they want ANOTHER $72 for a 73 year old mom and 69 year old aunt to sit in the parking lot to look out after our stuff and watch the game. Leave it to cowboy fans to screw it all up! A thief would have a field day with a truck, a parking pass, and a tailgate ticket! I have complained to fan feedback and ted dickerson the guy in charge of parking....... it all goes on deaf ears! All they want is MORE MONEY! It would be nice if they included free one per season ticket held, two per account, or something like that.
Old 09-01-2011   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
I for one still like the policy change !!
I too am FOR the change. Things were starting to get a bit sketchy before the change.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #6
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: 2011 Tailgate Tickets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
I too am FOR the change. Things were starting to get a bit sketchy before the change.
Ditto. I have to to have anyone I know actually negatively impacted by the change - other than not being able to walk into Platinum until hours after it has opened and it seems to help keep the riff raft out.

I think their thinking is a lot of the folks at the Cowboys games were there for a free party and honestly $10 may have priced a lot of them out of the market. That and laziness.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #7
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
I hate the policy. I spend $230 for a parking pass for my mom and aunt to come join the tailgate party, they stay outside for the game, watch the tailgate stuff, and watch the game on the flat screen. Now they want ANOTHER $72 for a 73 year old mom and 69 year old aunt to sit in the parking lot to look out after our stuff and watch the game. Leave it to cowboy fans to screw it all up! A thief would have a field day with a truck, a parking pass, and a tailgate ticket! I have complained to fan feedback and ted dickerson the guy in charge of parking....... it all goes on deaf ears! All they want is MORE MONEY! It would be nice if they included free one per season ticket held, two per account, or something like that.
This is exactly why I think the whole thing is a sham. If it really was to keep things from getting out of control, they would do exactly as you have suggested and give season ticket holders a pass or two. It is just ****ing ridiculous to make people pay PSL fees, ticket fees, parking fees, and now tailgating fees? Season ticket holders should be pissed they weren't even given a pass or two.
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2011   #8
OrangeLotPole8
Veteran

Section: Bullpen 116
Rep Power: 3716 OrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respectedOrangeLotPole8 is a quality contributor and well respected

ckw...... I could not agree more. I live in Deer Park, my mom lives in the Heights. They are ALREADY getting money off me for their parking pass in the orange Lot. They sit, watch our stuff, the game, and go home when we come back out. It is a sham, They are already getting $115 for each of them..... and that's for 8 games, they do not come to any of the preseason games.
Old 09-01-2011   #9
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeLotPole8 View Post
It would be nice if they included free one per season ticket held, two per account, or something like that.
So...lets say that there are 60,000 season tickets sold. You are saying that the Texans should "give" the season ticket holder a pass to allow 1 person into the parking lot for each ticket sold...FOR FREE? Who should pay for the security while the extra 60K is in the parking lot?

I don't blame them for charging. I don't want an extra 60K out in the parking lots while I am enjoyng the game inside. I want my stuff to be there when I get back and with an extra 60K out in the lot while I am inside just increases the potential for my stuff to get stolen.

I think the idea was a good one. While it did impose restrictions on me that I wasn't initially happy about, I do think it was the right thing to do.
Old 09-01-2011   #10
Ckw

Quote:
So...lets say that there are 60,000 season tickets sold. You are saying that the Texans should "give" the season ticket holder a pass to allow 1 person into the parking lot for each ticket sold...FOR FREE? Who should pay for the security while the extra 60K is in the parking lot?

I don't blame them for charging. I don't want an extra 60K out in the parking lots while I am enjoyng the game inside. I want my stuff to be there when I get back and with an extra 60K out in the lot while I am inside just increases the potential for my stuff to get stolen.

I think the idea was a good one. While it did impose restrictions on me that I wasn't initially happy about, I do think it was the right thing to do.
You aren't freaking going to have 60k standing out every game. In fact, I doubt there is ever anything even close to that many.

Honestly, I'm appalled that any of you guys that tailgate regularly could even remotely be in favor of this bull shit. If a season ticket holder pays for a parking pass, pays for his season tickets, and pays for his PSL, he should be able to bring a couple of people with him to watch over all his shit while he goes into the game. Utterly ridiculous that any of you could be this in favor of the policy. Just stupid...
Old 09-02-2011   #11
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
You aren't freaking going to have 60k standing out every game. In fact, I doubt there is ever anything even close to that many.

Honestly, I'm appalled that any of you guys that tailgate regularly could even remotely be in favor of this bull shit. If a season ticket holder pays for a parking pass, pays for his season tickets, and pays for his PSL, he should be able to bring a couple of people with him to watch over all his shit while he goes into the game. Utterly ridiculous that any of you could be this in favor of the policy. Just stupid...
So I am to assume you are not a regular tailgater, and you don't like the policy, or that our thoughts on it if we are IN favor of the new policy is ******ed up because we do not think like you and should not be in favor of it.. Policy actually states that all canopies and chairs should be put away before entering the stadium. So, if you don't have anyone out there, it should be locked away and secured. Regardless if there are people out there with tailgate tickets or not, some things will get taken eventually.. it's the world we live in.
But no way would I tell anyone who thinks that it is a bad policy that it is bull shit. You have your opinion, I have mine. You don't like the fact that people have to pay to tailgate, ok..don't buy the passes. If you don't mind paying the $10, go on and buy them. Regardless if it is indeed a money grab, so what, would you rather them just say that from now on, there will be NO tailgating during the game, no exceptions?
Can't please everyone, and you have options to either pay and play or stay home..if you want to rationalize paying for season tickets, parking entitles you to bring a friend to tailgate with, then I can say I am entitled to have the lot free of people who do not belong there since they do not pay for those things..and we shouldn't have to put up with those extra people.
I like the policy, but don't mind having to pay if I ever wanted to bring someone..Hell, we used to have a lot of people stay out and watch the game while we were inside, but ya know what, none of those people are mad about it now that they cannot come, and neither are any of us who asked people to come..
Seems like it is the ticket holders who are more mad about this than those who would rather not pay to come and sit out there anymore... that's odd to me!!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

My take is that this is a parking lot for parking your car. Tailgating is allowed to enhance the gameday experience for ticket buyers. This isnt an open party invitation for anyone with a jersey and cooler on wheels.

I am no different and want friends and family there sometimes, but now you have to pay for that privilege. And knowing that me and my guests will not be overrun by other teams fans, or Texans fans that are just there to get drunk is peace of mind. Not to mention shorter portapotty lines!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #13
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally have never had an issue with stuff getting stolen in the lot. We pack up before heading into the stadium. I have on 2 occasions, had other peoples canopies damage by truck by being left unattended and were BLOWN up and onto my vehicle. (not happy).
That said, The Texans knew that Dallas game was going to be bigger than any game in our history, and virtually did nothing to prepare and accommodate for the crowd.(porto's and security) We had no issues in Yellow lot that I witnessed, except for the use of any tree... or Tire one could find to well, relieve themselves!

That said, I really do like the new rule!
Old 09-02-2011   #14
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
Right...but the potential for that would be there. Who should pay for the security...the extra porta potties...trash that's generated etc?

Maybe the Texans should just keep increasing the cost of my parking so freeloaders can come drink my beer, eat my food and have fun with those who paid to be there. I'm sure you would agree with that, right?
Old 09-02-2011   #15
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree 100%!! I hated the rule when it came out, but as the season went on I came to like it more and more. I'm also sick and tired of everybody blaming Cowboy fans for the all the fights in the parking lots. Click on the link below and you'll see everybody in this fight is wearing Texans clothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yu3zCaDjCY

I have pretty darn good tailgate that I run and we have on average 10-15 people who now purchase tailgate passes and they have no problem with it. They figure for $10 they get to have a blast with one of the best tailgates out there and it has kept the low lifes out.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I agree 100%!! I hated the rule when it came out, but as the season went on I came to like it more and more. I'm also sick and tired of everybody blaming Cowboy fans for the all the fights in the parking lots. Click on the link below and you'll see everybody in this fight is wearing Texans clothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yu3zCaDjCY

I have pretty darn good tailgate that I run and we have on average 10-15 people who now purchase tailgate passes and they have no problem with it. They figure for $10 they get to have a blast with one of the best tailgates out there and it has kept the low lifes out.
The crowd had been getting bigger and bigger each game. The game before the Cowboys game was also pretty out of control. The Cowboys game was the straw that broke the camels back.

Can you imagine the parking lot if we're in a playoff bound year without that policy?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-02-2011   #17
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
My take is that this is a parking lot for parking your car. Tailgating is allowed to enhance the gameday experience for ticket buyers. This isnt an open party invitation for anyone with a jersey and cooler on wheels.

I am no different and want friends and family there sometimes, but now you have to pay for that privilege. And knowing that me and my guests will not be overrun by other teams fans, or Texans fans that are just there to get drunk is peace of mind. Not to mention shorter portapotty lines!
I couldn't say it any better! And thats exactly what was happening and finally exploded during the Cowgirls game.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
I couldn't say it any better! And thats exactly what was happening and finally exploded during the Cowgirls game.
/thread
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-02-2011   #19
Ckw

Let me clarify something. I'm not in favor of having a scene like what we had last year for the Cowgirls game. It was completely ridiculous how things went down for that game, and I was not happy with the number of lowlifes that were at the game. I don't think the parking lot should just be an open invitation for anyone that wants to come party. This is where you guys just seem to be viewing everything as black and white and refuse to acknowledge the gray.

If only season ticket holders were issued these passes, it is not like we are saying any and everyone that wants to come can come to the Reliant Stadium parking lots to come party. We still are talking about very limited access with season ticket holders having full control of who can come just to tailgate. I think the policy was an overreaction. There needs to be more control over the matter and the biggest problem for the Cowgirls game was the number of people that ONLY bought a parking pass and brought a car full of people to come tailgate. With what I propose, this would no longer be possible since someone has to have season tickets to get a tailgate pass, and MOST of the riff raff that destroyed things at the Cowgirls game were not season ticket holders nor did they know anyone that was.
Old 09-02-2011   #20
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Quote:
With what I propose, this would no longer be possible since someone has to have season tickets to get a tailgate pass, and MOST of the riff raff that destroyed things at the Cowgirls game were not season ticket holders nor did they know anyone that was.
No one is being left out under this policy. All 70,000 fans with a game day ticket can come into the parking lot and tailgate. No extra pass is needed. If they don't have a parking pass...thats ok...they park somewhere else and walk over and join in on the fun.

While it may have appeared like a knee jerk reaction b/c of the Cowboy game...it wasn't. The Texans had been monitoring the situation for quite some time prior to the Cowboy game. This policy was likely to come at some point...the Cowboy game simply escalated the process.

Sure...I miss just inviting some of my friends out to my tailgate party...but I understand...and respect...the decision. I want to continue to have the ability to tailgate for each game and if these rules help allow me to tailgate, so be it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read