Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which was former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels worst move?
Trades Jay Cutler to Chicago for Kyle Orton and draft picks, including two 1st rounders. 4 10.53%
Drafted two first-round surprises: RB Knowshon Moreno (12th) and LB Robert Ayers (18th). 0 0%
Signs Jarvis Green, DL free-agent who made $3.26 million but didn't make the team. 0 0%
Trades Peyton Hillis and a draft pick to Cleveland for QB Brady Quinn. 17 44.74%
Drafts Tim Tebow using multiple picks to trade up for QB Tim Tebow in 1st round. 17 44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2011   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Denver Post Poll in today's edition on McDaniels...

I was surfing around for NFL stories and was surprised to find this poll in today's Denver Post regarding Josh McDaniel's worst moves as Head Coach. I found the choice difficult and wanted to see which option TT.com members chose.

Among the good, bad and ugly moves by former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, [these] stand out as especially questionable. But which was the Hooded One's worst move in Denver?
Old 08-31-2011   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Denver Post Poll in today's edition on McDaniels...

Many worthwhile answers but I have to go with trading Peyton Hillis and two draft picks for Brady Quinn as the worst move he made.
Old 08-31-2011   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

1. cutler was butthurt over daniels possibly bringing cassel in. cutler wanted out.

2. they're not panning out so far, but it's not like he drafted tebow in the 1st ro...oh wait.

3. free agent bust. it's not like he gave him $100M.

4. i dont think anyone ever expected hillis to have the kind of year he did last year.

5. winner....not only did he draft him in the first, even though it was painfully obvious he is/was not an NFL caliber QB, but he traded up for him. you draft a bust QB in the 1st, that's your ass right there.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Hillis was a 7th round draft choice. (Who I wanted us to get.) Trading him for a former 1st round draft choice? I've got no real problem with that. Hillis had been injured the year before. While I PERSONALLY would never have made that trade and thought he was stupid for doing it, I won't castigate him too much for it.

But Tebow? Really? And trading back up into the first to get him? That was just silliness. He probably could have waited until the 3rd or 4th to pick him up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually thought the Cutler trade was a good move on Denver's part. Other than that, McDaniels fails.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

other: accepting the job
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I have to go with the Peyton Hillis trade, not so much because Hillis turned out to be a beast, but because they actually paid something of value for Brady Quinn.
Old 09-01-2011   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
1. cutler was butthurt over daniels possibly bringing cassel in. cutler wanted out.

2. they're not panning out so far, but it's not like he drafted tebow in the 1st ro...oh wait.

3. free agent bust. it's not like he gave him $100M.

4. i dont think anyone ever expected hillis to have the kind of year he did last year.

5. winner....not only did he draft him in the first, even though it was painfully obvious he is/was not an NFL caliber QB, but he traded up for him. you draft a bust QB in the 1st, that's your ass right there.
I did. I was talking about the Texans prying him free of Denver's roster long before he was traded. Pairing him with Arian Foster would have been sick.
Old 09-02-2011   #9
Rick_Moon
Thank You

Section: 608, looking to move down.
Rep Power: 0 Rick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respectedRick_Moon is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for drafting Baby Jesus, but the biggest mistake he ever made isn't on that list. It was benching Brandon Marshall in the season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs.The playoffs were on the line, and they got blown out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read