Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-31-2011   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just moved to San Antonio.

Does anyone know if S.A shows all the Texans game on their local channels, cause i have NFL Sunday ticket since i moved from Dallas, and will cancel it if they do, but keep it if they don't. Any help ?
Old 08-31-2011   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Just moved to San Antonio.

Last year they did, but in previous years they have not. I have Sunday ticket, and will continue to have it because I place zero trust in KENS Channel 5 in doing the right thing. They've shown only one of the preseason games here this year. You're dead in the middle of Sowboy country.... they hold their practices here.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #3
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in New Braunfels but I kept my houston area address for my direct tv so I can pick up all the local channels. They spot beam but NB picks it up, Kerrville does not and I am not sure about San Antonio, probably does pick up the local channels. Aransas Pass picks up the locals also so at the least I would say east and south side for sure.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #4
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

FTF's experience is the same as mine. They showed all the games last season but in previous season's they would have picked up a high marquee game like the Steelers vs.Ravens. Hopefully this season they show every game.

On a side note, when you call to cancel you Sunday Ticket, just tell them that it's too expense and if they are willing to work on the price with you. I got them to drop my monthly charge from $50+ to $33 for Sunday Ticket. I keep it for fantasy football purposes
Old 08-31-2011   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
I live in New Braunfels but I kept my houston area address for my direct tv so I can pick up all the local channels.
I wish I had a Houston address to point it to, would love to see the local channels in Houston instead of SA... can't stand their sportscasters.
Old 09-01-2011   #6
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Does anyone know if S.A shows all the Texans game on their local channels, cause i have NFL Sunday ticket since i moved from Dallas, and will cancel it if they do, but keep it if they don't. Any help ?
When I lived in SA they were not showing any of the games unless it was to a national audience and I was forced to use internet streaming sites to view the games.
Old 09-01-2011   #7
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I wish I had a Houston address to point it to, would love to see the local channels in Houston instead of SA... can't stand their sportscasters.
Hmmm, Now remember it does not have to be in houston, just to houston tv market area. My folks live in lake livingston and I use theirs, I keep my billing paperless and pay bills by autodraft to keep it simple. Do you know anyone in surrounding area, like conroe, galveston, katy or anythink like that?
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2011   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Like Austin, be prepared to see a lot of Eagles games this year.
Old 09-01-2011   #9
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
Hmmm, Now remember it does not have to be in houston, just to houston tv market area. My folks live in lake livingston and I use theirs, I keep my billing paperless and pay bills by autodraft to keep it simple. Do you know anyone in surrounding area, like conroe, galveston, katy or anythink like that?
I have many friends and family in that area... just not sure how to go about this, as I've been a Directv customer for around 8yrs here in New Braunfels.
Old 09-01-2011   #10
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'd throw in another issue. If the Sowboys are playing an AFC team (not sure if it's home or away), those games are shown on the CBS affiliate. If they play at the same time, you can bet you won't be seeing the Texans.
Old 09-01-2011   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I am more concerned about Browns coverage.
Old 09-01-2011   #12
pirbroke
All Pro

Quote:
I have many friends and family in that area... just not sure how to go about this, as I've been a Directv customer for around 8yrs here in New Braunfels.
This is very easy and is very worth it. First go to direct tv website and get a onlign account. Then set up to pay bills online and pick paperless billing. Next change your address to one of your freinds. after all that is done and after about 5 minutes your not getting the local channels then in the upper left of direct tv website hit tools. then under the pictures one will say Reauthorize your receiver, hit that. you will see the receivers on the website and you pick each one to reauthorize, now you should have houston channels, and you never had to talk to one person, congrats. good luck.
Old 09-01-2011   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember last year they played every game of the year. They will probably do the same this year, but I got free NFL sunday ticket just in case. I wonder if my Sunday Ticket channel will be blacked out if the Texans are on local stations. At least I will have redzone.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011   #14
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
This is very easy and is very worth it. First go to direct tv website and get a onlign account. Then set up to pay bills online and pick paperless billing. Next change your address to one of your freinds. after all that is done and after about 5 minutes your not getting the local channels then in the upper left of direct tv website hit tools. then under the pictures one will say Reauthorize your receiver, hit that. you will see the receivers on the website and you pick each one to reauthorize, now you should have houston channels, and you never had to talk to one person, congrats. good luck.
I owe you big time partner!! Lunch on me, you name the time and place here in New Braunfels
Old 09-01-2011   #15
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
Ok, we have problems... to change the address, I have to change billing address, and the address in Houston doesn't match what's on my credit card I don't have a Houston bank.

Edit: Also, it shows an installation address, and a billing address. I can only change the billing address.
Old 09-01-2011   #16
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, we have problems... to change the address, I have to change billing address, and the address in Houston doesn't match what's on my credit card I don't have a Houston bank.

Edit: Also, it shows an installation address, and a billing address. I can only change the billing address.
Check your PM. I have an idea for you.
Old 09-01-2011   #17
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
Yes, my Step Daughter lives in Santa Fe, and I have that address, but I'm unable to change the installation address online... just the billing address... and that's tied to my credit card.
Old 09-01-2011   #18
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Yes, my Step Daughter lives in Santa Fe, and I have that address, but I'm unable to change the installation address online... just the billing address... and that's tied to my credit card.
Thats the problem right there. You would have to find a 3rd party company that does the installs to "adjust" the address, use paper billing, but install at your actual address.
Old 09-01-2011   #19
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Well how about this? I call them, tell them I'm temporarily staying with my daughter (for whatever reason) for the next six months. We have our dish and receiver with us in our RV, and would prefer the local channels where we are while we're in Houston? I'm already setup for paperless billing, and autodraft.
Old 09-01-2011   #20
pirbroke
All Pro

Quote:
Little update, I talked to firstTexansfan and it looks like you do have to call now to change the Installation Address, you can't do it online. Bummer, sorry about the false info, I did do my own install so I don't see how that would be a show stopper. I bought my receivers in kerrville at their office and gave them the address to where I live, which was livingston ( he new I didn't live their and didn't seem to care ) He gave me the cables I needed and I just took everything home and hooked it up. I like the rv idea on changing where you view, you would think that would work also. anyways good luck for anyone trying this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read